This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris & Gary - June 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Chris & Gary - June 2021

My husband (Gary) and I arrived in Aruba on Saturday, May 29th. Our JetBlue flight was a direct flight from JFK (New York) to Aruba and the plane was full of happy travelers (very few open seats). There was another JetBlue direct flight from JFK to Aruba that had left an hour earlier and on the PA system we could hear announcements for multiple departures to various tropical island destinations so it was so wonderful to see how many travelers are returning to vacation in the Caribbean.

We arrived in Aruba 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and everyone in the airport arrival hall had smiles on their faces – grinning ear to ear! It took us 45 minutes from the time the plane landed until the time we exited out the front door of the airport – not bad at all for a Saturday. My husband and I have a vacation home in Aruba (we’ve owned it for 8 years). This week is our annual maintenance and improvement week but we’ll be balancing that with lazy days on the beach and wonderful dinners at our favorite restaurants. For our first night, my husband and I have a tradition to go to Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant for dinner on our arrival day so we can sit on the beach with our toes in the sand and watch the sun set (with tasty beverages). It was a wonderful night with a sun-sational sunset, a cool breeze , live music, and all of the tables on the beach (which were still nicely spaced apart) were all full. It brought a smile to my face to the see the happy island of Aruba coming back to life
    Last edited by SkiChris; 05-30-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrific that you are there!!

I hope that you enjoy every moment

Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    My husband (Gary) and I arrived in Aruba on Saturday, May 29th. Our JetBlue flight was a direct flight from JFK (New York) to Aruba and the plane wasfull of happy travelers (very few open seats). There was another JetBlue direct flightfrom JFK to Aruba that had left an hour earlier and on the PA system we couldhear announcements for multiple departures to various tropical islanddestinations so it was so wonderful to see how many travelers are returning tovacation in the Caribbean.

We arrivedin Aruba 10 minutes earlier than scheduled and everyone in the airport arrivalhall had smiles on their faces – grinning ear to ear! Ittook us 45 minutes from the time the plane landed until the time we exited out thefront door of the airport – not bad at all for a Saturday. My husband and I have a vacation home inAruba (we’ve owned it for 8 years). Thisweek is our annual maintenance and improvement week but we’ll be balancing thatwith lazy days on the beach and wonderful dinners at our favorite restaurants. For our first night, my husband and I havea tradition to go to Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant for dinner on ourarrival day so we can sit on the beach with our toes in the sand and watch thesunset (with tasty beverages). It was awonderful night with a cool breeze, live music, and all of the tables on thebeach (which were still nicely spaced apart) were all full. It brought a smile to my face to the seethe happy island of Aruba coming back to life.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    It was a wonderful night with a sun-sational sunset, a cool breeze , live music, and all of the tables on the beach (which were still nicely spaced apart) were all full. It brought a smile to my face to the see the happy island of Aruba coming back to life
    That's awesome! Welcome back!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it! Keep in touch!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. Welcome back

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you enjoy being back home. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy being back in Aruba!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a fun, lazy trip. Love to read when visitors have traditions of first and last night activities

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice you are back and glad you could begin with your tradition! Enjoy!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Moomba is also our first night tradition. Great atmosphere, best sunsets
    0 1