This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Chris & Gary - June 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so enjoying your trip report that I feel like I never left. :>)

I tried Oak in December 2020 and had a nice dinner/service. I saw Ricardo on my way out and busted on him a little that he did not stop bye my table. LOL.

Wow Pinchos! I only ate there once a few years ago. On my last trip I so wanted to go but with my hip problems I was thinking about the walk thru the pier. I may have to revisit next trip.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Your trip sounds wonderful!! Thank you for sharing.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As we approached the final days of our vacation, we had to start planning for our Covid Tests to return to the USA. This was our first trip to the island in 2021 and, therefore, the first time we’d been faced with the requirement for return testing. We thank everyone on the forum for all the helpful tips posted as that information was very helpful for us. We opted to visit the Hospital’s satellite office for Fit-to-Fly testing located at the Palm Beach Plaza Mall. There was plenty of parking at the Shopping Plaza so that was great. The test office was easy to locate (at the base of the escalator on the left side of the plaza). We opted to take the antigen test since it was only $35 per person so that was a nice economical alternative to the $75 PCR test (that felt like a “buy one-get one free” test sale….LOL!). We were originally concerned to take the antigen test since we were vaccinated and thought that may cause a false positive but the staff at the test center explained to us that vaccination would not affect the results of the antigen test. We took our tests at 10:30am and we had our negative results back by 3:30pm so the turnaround time was ~ 5hrs.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just getting caught up on reading. I love your trip reports.

0 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your trip has gone well. We've scheduled our covid tests for next week, at Renaissance.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday was our departure day. Our antigen test results were accepted at the airport with no issue. We only had to show the Fit-to-Fly test results at the airline check-in counter and from there they applied a stamp to our boarding pass (which I’ll assume meant test requirement was met). So overall, the process to get tested for return to the USA was extremely easy and much less work/hassle than I had originally anticipated.
    My husband’s Global Entry was due for renewal, and he’d completed all his paperwork prior to this vacation and received conditional approval from US Customs & Border Protection. An interview was required for full approval so my husband opted to do his Global Entry interview at the Aruba airport. We allowed extra time on our departure day for that and arrived at the airport at 10am for a 1:15pm flight. We requested the Global Entry Interview as we processed through US Customs & Border Protection and the agent directed us to a room/office located just past her kiosk. We were the only ones in line for the interview and the entire process took ~10 minutes. Once we were done with the interview, we continued on our way through US Security and we made it to our favorite spot at the airport, One Happy Bar, where I was delighted with the opportunity to enjoy one last Balashi Magic Mango before I had to leave the island. It took us 45 minutes total time measured from walking into the airport to the point when we reached the escalator after US Security (but just keep in mind that we arrived at 10am – so process times for arrival later in the day would likely be longer).
    I'm now back in New York and, once again, daydreaming about Palm Trees. While I'm an avid reader of everyone else's trip reports, this was the first Trip Report I've ever posted on the forum. I really enjoyed the activity of the daily posts, so I'm glad I created this log of our vacation and I send my thanks to all of you who followed along. Have a great week!
    Last edited by SkiChris; 06-10-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    1 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed reading about all of your adventures!

Glad that global entry went well.

Thank you so much allowing us to live vicariously thru your reports.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    I’ve always felt that getting a table at Wacky Wahoo is like the “Holy Grail” of Aruba as a reservation is always eagerly pursued or sought after by many…..but so few ever truly attain it (LOL). So you can only imagine how happy we are that our 15 year “quest” has been completed – and it was epic!
    Hey Chris:

Thanks for the detailed reports! Loving them.

I "hear" you on "Wacky Wahoo". We gave up on trying to eat there (and "Oak" for that matter). It shouldn't be excruciating to book a table at a restaurant no matter how good it is - we've also heard mixed reviews for both as well so, in the end, we just decided that it's not worth the effort for something that might go sideways. Good on you for perseverance though!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it home, safe & sound. I really enjoyed reading your report.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I also had my concerns with Antigen test but you received a great deal for only $35 each. At the Divi Phoenix they were charging $50 and $125 for the PCR. I opted for the PCR but if I had to do it again I would just do the antigen test. No one at the Aruba or NY airport asked me for my return test results. I took out the printed copy at airport counter and they told me that they did not need that just the declaration form stating that I did take the test and the results were negative.

Thanks for taking us along and welcome back home.
    0 0