This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Coldsteel's Aruba Story

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Coldsteel's Aruba Story

We are staying at CPVR for three weeks. We are in day 10. The resort is upgrading the WiFi and I expect it to be great...for our next visit. They are putting two antennas ( access points ) in the two bedroom units. However, the present system has deteriorated and I am not able to get a good signal most of the time.
    That said, we are enjoying the trip, of course. We had a Son and his family here last week. The children are now 7 and 12 and had not been here in 5 years. We spent time at Baby, Arashi, Eagle and Druif beaches. Gina and I have been enjoying the Mooba beach bar and restaurant as well as The Local Store. One day I chartered a boat at the Hadicurari marina. We caught a lot of Grouper and colorful Trigger fish, as well as some other species.
    We kept enough fish to provide for four meals.
    La Granja has two locations on the island and has long been a favorite of ours. We have been twice so far this trip and it is apparent the about of ribs per order is less than on previous trips, They are still great ribs that fall off the bone.
    We hope to get enough family members down here at one time to once again stay at Bella Ruby, the wonderful Villa we stayed at in 2020
    1 6

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing!!

nothing is better than spending time with family in a place that you love!

good to hear that CPV is updating their wifi.

happy fishing.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. We have family coming while we are there in May. It's been several years since they have been on the island. Did you do anything special with the grandkids?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that you've had such good luck fishing! Thanks for the report. It's great!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job fishing! How far did you have to go out for your catch? How were the waters? Love fishing but more of a fresh water guy as I fear the ocean a bit, lol.
    Just finished trip 36 and have trip 37 Booked.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Grandchildren had a great time on the 3 hour fishing charter, as well as the butterfly farm and climbing the Casabari rocks. One high lite was Boca Grandi beach. They were delighted I was able to drive right down to the waters edge ( with a two wheel drive SUV ) and they could run around all they wanted too. We all enjoyed watching the wind surfers that always seem to be there. I also took them on the dirt road that runs along the ocean when you get past Arashi. At the end of the road there is ample parking at the large rocks. We walked around for a half hour or so and they found a make shift shelter someone had made.
    0 4