This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deb and Tom Escape From Reality

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a pretty boy/girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    This is my friend:

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last time we stayed at the Ocean Suites there were a couple of chickens running around.
    Maybe they were roosters.
    The Ocean Suites employees were taking lots of complaints re: the barnyard beasts.
    We found it quite entertaining and Paul and I did not complain.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    Our next move was a trip to Super Foods for some provisions. For those who haven’t been to SF, you need a quarter-sized coin to get a cart, which you get back when you return your cart to the corral. I approve of this concept, as it helps with one of my most serious pet peeves from home. Put your carts back, people! ������ Due to COVID regulations, you must use a cart to shop. We were only purchasing a few items, so we didn’t get a cart before we got into the entry line. We got to the front of the line and then had to get out to get change, then get a cart and get into line again. I’m not complaining, just trying to help the next shopper. The store had required hand sanitizer at entry, and directional arrows on the aisles. It was well-stocked and uncrowded. Remember your reusable bags! Plastic bags are banned on Aruba.

We went to Yemanja for the first time during our trip this month. It was so good. My new favorite. I also had the superfoods experience and had no change for the carts. Good heads up for others
    Last edited by Nhebron1; 08-30-2020 at 11:53 PM.
    0 1

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday morning looked remarkably like Saturday morning. Coffee and breakfast were enjoyed on the balcony. We then got dressed and made our way to the boat dock for our ride over to the island. We were greeted by name by our beach waiter Mark from the day before. It was so kind of him to remember us. He even came over to check on us during the day on the adult side, though he was assigned to the family side for the day. We walked over to the restaurant on the family side at lunch time, and he again came over for a safe, masked, socially distant chat.

We swam, relaxed, took a walk over to see the baby flamingos on the other side of the island, and read our books. We were finally starting to relax and realize we really ARE on vacation. Someone forgot to turn on the fans, though. There was almost no breeze at all.

We decided to try Opus for dinner. It’s a very short walk from the Renaissance. We were the only people there for the entire visit. It was so sad. We had a great experience, though. Brian was our waiter and he was very nice and very attentive. I sure hope all of the businesses are able to survive.

After dinner we strolled around a bit. The streets were so quiet. We walked through the lobby of the Renaissance hotel to take a peek. I was very surprised to see the pool wide open with the underwater lights on. No ropes or cones to be found. Security quickly came and found us, though.

After we got out of jail, we went back to the hotel for some much-needed rest.

Just kidding. No jail for us!

Aruba is just as beautiful as always. If you are not in a high-risk group, I highly suggest a visit. We feel extremely safe here. Not only is everyone masked, but they are wearing their masks appropriately. No noses sticking out! Even if you ask a question in the lobby, someone is assigned to wipe EVERYTHING down after you walk away, even if you don’t touch or lean on the counter.

Later today we check out and head over to the Ocean Club. I have enjoyed my stay here, but I’m glad to be moving on to a real kitchen and more space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    Sunday morning looked remarkably like Saturday morning. Coffee and breakfast were enjoyed on the balcony. We then got dressed and made our way to the boat dock for our ride over to the island. We were greeted by name by our beach waiter Mark from the day before. It was so kind of him to remember us. He even came over to check on us during the day on the adult side, though he was assigned to the family side for the day. We walked over to the restaurant on the family side at lunch time, and he again came over for a safe, masked, socially distant chat.

We swam, relaxed, took a walk over to see the baby flamingos on the other side of the island, and read our books. We were finally starting to relax and realize we really ARE on vacation. Someone forgot to turn on the fans, though. There was almost no breeze at all.

We decided to try Opus for dinner. It’s a very short walk from the Renaissance. We were the only people there for the entire visit. It was so sad. We had a great experience, though. Brian was our waiter and he was very nice and very attentive. I sure hope all of the businesses are able to survive.

After dinner we strolled around a bit. The streets were so quiet. We walked through the lobby of the Renaissance hotel to take a peek. I was very surprised to see the pool wide open with the underwater lights on. No ropes or cones to be found. Security quickly came and found us, though.

After we got out of jail, we went back to the hotel for some much-needed rest.

Just kidding. No jail for us!

Aruba is just as beautiful as always. If you are not in a high-risk group, I highly suggest a visit. We feel extremely safe here. Not only is everyone masked, but they are wearing their masks appropriately. No noses sticking out! Even if you ask a question in the lobby, someone is assigned to wipe EVERYTHING down after you walk away, even if you don’t touch or lean on the counter.

Later today we check out and head over to the Ocean Club. I have enjoyed my stay here, but I’m glad to be moving on to a real kitchen and more space.
    When you walked through the lobby, did it seem like they were actually doing renovations or do you think they are just keeping Ocean Suites open at this time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait for you to get to Ocean Club and report on the Marriott campus. Thanks for posting.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    When you walked through the lobby, did it seem like they were actually doing renovations or do you think they are just keeping Ocean Suites open at this time?

It definitely appears to be under renovation. The lobby was torn up and there were tarps everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Can't wait for you to get to Ocean Club and report on the Marriott campus. Thanks for posting.

We checked in this afternoon. We then left to go to Ling and Sons for more provisions. We tried to have lunch at Hadicurari but it’s closed and empty. All of the tables and chairs have been removed. We went upstairs to nos clubhouse instead.

It’s so empty here. I fear for the survival of the Aruban economy. It’s so surreal. The beauty and splendor remain, but the absence of people is shocking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really enjoy your vacation;
    Looking forward to more
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of jail

Another tip - if you are writing in the quick reply area, highlight & copy your text before hitting the post button. That way you have it in case you get logged out.
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    1 1