This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dion Family 8/9 - 8/16/19

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad that the Dions are there and settled!
    Sit back, enjoy the sites and breathe.

Thank you so much for checking in and HAVE A WONDERFUL WELL DESERVED VACATION!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel more relaxed just reading about your first day. Enjoy!
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds wonderful. I'm so happy that you are there!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So perfect and beautiful! The beach is awesome. Back now to head to the airport to pick up the 4 from California

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy!!!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back to paradise. Enjoy and take off the watch! You're on island time now!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy you are in Paradise!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack-aaayy!! Hope you're having a wonderful time! You can tell us all about when you get back to reality

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday 8/10

Got up and hit the beach before sunrise. Jason went running, in the dark, scared the crap out of me, but I let him go. Gotta let them grow up sometime. He came back within an hour and was fine. Left the beach a little before 11am to dress & head to the airport. I wasn’t sure how long it would take with all the construction & traffic. It was fine, we got there with time to spare. The very nice traffic lady saw my handicapped plaque and told me to leave the car on the side and go right into the airport. Very sweet.

Got the California peeps, went to Royal to add my SIL Ann as a driver then back to La Cabana to check in. Their rooms weren’t ready yet so we walked around, played bingo, got a flatbread from Islander Grill (which is actually a pizza).

Went to their rooms, got them settled & changed & headed right back to the beach! Happy Hour’d a little too much and apparently (I am told) that we walked to Chalet Suisse had a lovely meal, went to Baskin Robbins & came home. Lights Out!

Sunday 8/11

Went to the beach early, feeling fine!

Laurie, Stacey & I walked the beach from La Cabana to Costa Linda and filled a gallon sized zip lock bag with cigarette butts, straws, band-aids, a sanitary pad, baby wipes, subway wrappers and plastic cups. DISGUSTING.

Left the beach around 11:30 to go food shopping at Super Food. Back to the beach with sandwiches for some and others wanted to go to the food truck. Oops – didn’t remember that they were closed on Sundays. We ordered from Pizza Bobs for dinner, expecting to go pick it up but they deliver – SCORE! So we waited in the lobby. They said about 20-25 minutes. It arrives and hour & 20 minutes later! All good – it was on Island Time J We ate at Laurie & Ann’s room then came back and crashed at 9pm!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday 8/12
    Laurie texted at 6am “where are you? Hurry I need another person for the 2nd palapa” Apparently I slept in! Wow island vibe hit quick!
    Did our beach walk & clean up with two bags this time. Both almost filled! This time we found full unopened Balashi Chills scattered around. We left them at Julio’s hut for the guys J

Spent the morning at the beach, bingo, then at 3 I came up to cook. Made pasta, meatballs, Zucchini pocket (think gooey cheesy ravioli with zucchini instead of pasta), salad, caprese salad, garlic bread. Everyone came to our room for dinner then they left to go meet up with friends they made on the island. Makes me one happy chick!

0 4