This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dion Family Trip 8/8 - 8/24

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the towels...people see the white w/ green stripe Trop towels and loose their minds. LC towels are currently navy blue so we stood out quite a bit.

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, me, Rich, BriDion Family Trip  8/8 - 8/24-img_5202-jpg

0 8

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jacki,
    The latest trip sounds off to good start. Way to deal with the Mosey Nelly at the pool, talk about Burn, or as we say here in the West Indies, "Bun em!" she must have felt really small after you politely informed her about you being allowed to be there. Why is it that people want to make mountains out of mole hills over simple things like wrist bands and the color of the towels that they are using?? Sigh!! The only thing that you can do is just let them pass like a simple exam and continue enjoying yourself. Pasa Un Bon Dia!!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacki, I am loving your report. I am drinking my morning coffee and laughing at your description of leaving for the airport. So glad it all worked out and you made it to the airport. Thanks got sharing the photos. Nice to see the one of you and Rich with Jsy and Bri. Hope we can meet sometime when we get there.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Great seeing you guys yesterday! Enjoy the move to LaCabana today and have a great rest of the trip, you deserve it!!!! I would also like to add you and Rich look incredible!!!!!!!!!!! Great work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    great looking group

;38487]Jay, me, Rich, BriDion Family Trip  8/8 - 8/24-img_5202-jpg[/QUOTE]
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacki
    Thank you for sharing...(missing Aruba)
    always nice to read others reviews. Brings back memories.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So here we are all checked into La Cabana and that's when my body decides there is no reason to waste time sleeping!

Friday 8/10

Started off trying desperately to wake Kenzie up (at her request) to hit the gym with me. She finally got out of that bed an we went to the gym, then walked the beach a bit. Good to get the work out in, but the conversations & time spent together was 10 times better!

Stopped at Dunkin then up to the room to shower & pack & do laundry. Not sure if I mentioned there is a washer & dryer in the room at Trop. Nice perk.

Went to LC lobby to meet the rep from Royal to get my car for the next 2 weeks. It's nice, a little too nice, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I like a vehicle with a little bit of damage. The A/C works and that's really my only concern. I like to have the windows open when driving here, but in a 12 passenger van AC is better.

Back to the Trop room to bring the bags down to the van & check out. Over to LC and my mom's room was ready - at 11am! Nice! Had Angel, an awesome bellman, bring everything up to her room and piled in the van to head to The Paddock for lunch and a little downtown hut shopping. Dropped Rich & my father off at LC, then back to the flea market for Kenzie to finish up her souvenir shopping and then went to the Splashpark. The very first think Mackenzie jumped off her foot slid and she went down sideways and hit the water hard....and bit her lip pretty hard. She was afraid of sharks being drawn to the blood...too funny. We put some ice on it and back into the water she went.

Back to LC where Rich had checked into our room and unpacked everything. Every single thing from every suitcase! What a great surprise! We headed to the pool, stopping at the amazing local artisan store at La Cabana. We purchased a few Djucu nut pieces and a few other items - and got to the Pata Pata before happy hour ended. I happied my hour just a bit too much so we wound up just going to the Islander for dinner. The kids went to Cinnabon in the lobby and brought it up to the room. Some TV, card games and bed. It was a long day!

Mackenzie wanted me to wake her up when I got up. Think 4:30 is too early? Today is supposed to be her last full day, but I got a notification about potential bad weather at home tomorrow and Delta is offering to change the flight at no charge....I might get her all to myself for another day!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I can relate to not being able to sleep nd wanting to enjoy every minute of being in Aruba. It's a blessing and a curse! I can also relate the happier happy hour -good for you. And way to go Rich for the unpacking!

0 2