This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Family returns for 10th Aruba trip- July 17-25th

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the hard day 1- enjoy the beach.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

1 0

Pop-pop Brian
    Sunday 7/18- we started vacation, leaving all of the stresses of yesterday behind. We spent the day at the beach and pool and had an awesome day! This spontaneous photo of our entire group, taken early Sunday came out better than most of our planned/ posed group pictures. The kids had a ball between playing on the beach, pool, lazy River and water slide here at the Surf Club.

A few of us had lunch at Hadicurrai, right next to the Marriott and it was excellent. A couple of brick oven pizzas and some appetizers made for a much better lunch than our usual at the Captains galley at the Surf Club. We decided to make a reservation for dinner there for Friday night when the 4 grandparents will be baby-sitting, so our kids can have a dinner out by themselves.

We went to Quinta Del Carmen for dinner tonight and it was excellent. The food and the service was great! Even my 2 1/2 year old grandson was very good and the kids were all well behaved. It continues to be our favorite restaurant in Aruba.

We got back to the Surf Club and after all of us hanging out for awhile in our villa called it an early night.

Family returns for 10th Aruba trip- July 17-25th-39ea9bab-8b31-4c56-9930-4ef9046959e8-jpg
    Last edited by Pop-pop Brian; 07-19-2021 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you had a fun first full day. Great pic - very clear and nice size! We are familiar with Hadicurrai since we stay close by at the Marriott Resort. If you have a chance try Waves beach restaurant at the Marriott for lunch one day. Relaxing with good food and great view!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I second Wave's, their lobster roll is amazing.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt - Waves have a lobster roll now??? Omg. My favorite! Thanks for telling me!

Colette
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    Walt - Waves have a lobster roll now??? Omg. My favorite! Thanks for telling me!

Colette
    Yes, and it's absolutely delicious and stuffed with tail and claw meat.

1 0

Pop-pop Brian
    Family returns for 10th Aruba trip- July 17-25th-d56302ee-5614-426a-9e9f-6865bff5f42a-jpg
    Posted by Proud pop-pop- these cousins having such a good time in the ocean here. It may not be a relaxing vacation but these kids keep us smiling the whole time we’re here (mostly).
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great picture! And how lucky you are to have those munchkins. Keep on enjoying, Pop-pop!!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope its going well today. Just an update as far as my schedule goes if we want to connect for a drink. I am booked today and tomorrow with island friends- Don't think we have anything on Thursday- out with my wife on date night Friday and relaxing/packing up Sat. Let me know.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Pop-pop Brian
    I’m a day behind, so let me catch up...
    Monday 7/19- a great beach day and pool day today with a little health issue.
    My grandson has been waking up with a cough (although he’s been sleeping great here!). In order to make sure he’s ok, my daughter took him to Aruba Urgent care Monday afternoon to be checked out. He got a clean bill of health except for a slight croup, which he got a script for. He’s been taking it and he’s fine. The taxi driver, Jonathan was great and waited with them at the doctor, the pharmacy (twice, as the 1st one didn’t have the script). I think we found our taxi for the rest of our trip.
    we went to Fishes and More for dinner on Monday and it was very good. Great service and very accommodating with the kids. We all enjoyed our dinner and they even had entertainment (along with adjoining restaurant Salt n Pepper. the kids were pretty good and enjoyed the ice cream sundaes that came with their kids meals.

Walking back to the Surf Club we stopped at some stores. I am always on the lookout for local liquor and I found a bottle of Aruba made vodka. Since I don’t want to get in trouble with Andrea here, I won’t post the off-colored name, but I bought a couple of bottles which came with a matching shot glass with the same off color logo on it. I don’t know how it tastes and will wait til I get Home, but the bottle will definitely be a keeper!
    we also stopped by King Churro and got some hot fresh churros...they were awesome.

another fun day here in Aruba.
    0 3