This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatteras is in Aruba 1/31/20 - 2/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny!! Love that you spoke up. We were at the Divi one year and just as I turned to look down the beach a man stripped naked with full frontal exposure. I was horrified but then had a fit of laughing. Guess we Americans are prudish.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that you laughed
    prudish, maybe.
    in my case, I am just offended by having to see on others.....that which needs to be hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Too funny!! Love that you spoke up. We were at the Divi one year and just as I turned to look down the beach a man stripped naked with full frontal exposure. I was horrified but then had a fit of laughing. Guess we Americans are prudish.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    You have had some great fun, another story to tell and great memories. I guess you never know what you may encounter. I am glad you spoke up. Have a great weekend.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL that is funny. Why did need to get so close to you before attempting to change into his bday suit? Good for you standing up to this guy!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny, well done putting that guy in his place! It brings back a funny story from our neighborhood. We have a new neighbor that moved in up the street from the Netherlands actually up the street...she must be very open as she was sunbathing out in the open 100 percent nude this summer....her 70 year plus year old neighbors were horrified and started passing the "rumors" around the neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    We loved seeing everyone yesterday. I love that you stood up to the guy. Usually the ones who want to "bare all" are the bodies you really don't want to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Usually the ones who want to "bare all" are the bodies you really don't want to see.
    And if you do, you can't unsee it.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes we need a bleach eyewash after some of the sites!
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    All if our days are running together. We keep asking each other what day it is. I'm way behind on our trip report.

Saturday - We walked downtown to Gold Palace, to get one of the rings that I had purchased there in the past resized. We ended up walking all around town, checking out the shops and hanging out. They said that it would be ready by 2:00, so we went back to Renn., had lunch in our room, and walked back down to pick up the ring. Stu, Robin, Sean and Susan came by for a visit, and we sat by the pool and had drinks and lots of laughs. The road in front of Renn. closed at 6 for a parade, so everyone left in time to make it out.

We had asked many people what time the lighting parade was expected to pass by, and we got answers anywhere from 8:30 - midnight. We ate a pizza at Casa Tua. There was a roving clarinet player. He was coming up beside people and making them uncomfortable. I saw him eyeing us and I knew that we were next, so we made a hasty exit.

We went down to the road to check out the parade status around 9:30, and waited in the crowd for awhile. With no parade in site, we went back to our room and sat on the patio, listening for the noise that it was coming through. I was fading fast from very little sleep from the night before, and we finally gave up and went to bed. I heard it coming through town, somewhere close to midnight. I thought about getting dressed and walking down, but sleep won over. Maybe next year.

Sunday was the children's parade. We heard that it was coming by around 4pm. We went down about 3:30 to get a spot to watch. We hung out until 5:30, when it finally headed our way. We watched for a little while and then went to happy hour. It was ending at 6:00 - priorities. We ordered burgers by the pool and just hung out.

We spent the day at the beach on Monday. We had a special dinner planned at Aruba Ocean Villas - Old Man and the Sea, in Savanetta. We went by taxi because the roads over there are dark, and neither of us sees as well at night as we used to ($31.00 each way +tip). The setting is incredible, right on the water, with over the water bungalos.

We were seated right away. A few minutes later, someone from the bar came over and took our cocktail orders. Not much longer, someone else took our dinner order. They have a price fix menu, which is not designated on their website - $65.00 - $75.00, 3 course dinner. The appetizers were very good. While we were eating them, we realized that we hadn't received our cocktails. By the time that the waiter came with our meals, it had been 45 minutes since we ordered them. We were getting pretty fed up, and we told him that we didn't want them any more. I ordered wahoo. It was just ok. Tom ordered surf and turf - steak medium rare. He got a tiny piece of steak that was well done and burned. The tiny lobster tail was grilled and it was burned too. By now, were were completely over this place. When we were able to finally flag down the server, we showed him Tom's dinner and told him that it was inedible and we wanted to speak to the manager. When she came over, we told her about the cocktails issue, and showed her the inedible meal. Before she suggested taking it off of our bill, we told her that we would not pay for it. We stopped the dinner right there, and didn't bother with dessert. After the taxi dropped us off, we went to Dutch Pancake House so Tom could get something to eat. All in all, a very disappointing evening. I don't know if we had an unusual experience, but we had lousy service and horrible food. We'll never go back.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-18-2020 at 08:43 PM.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh no.
    an expensive taxi ride and much time lost.
    sorry to read that you folks had such a bad experience.
    what did the manager have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post

We spent the day at th beach on Monday. We had a special dinner planned at Aruba Ocean Villas - Old Man and the Sea, in Savanetta. We went by taxi because the roads over there are dark, and neither of us sees as well at night as we used to ($31.00 each way +tip). The setting is incredible, right on the water, with over the water bungalos.

We were seated right away. A few minutes later, someone from the bar came over and took our cocktail orders. Not much longer, someone else took our dinner order. They have a price fix menu, which is not designated on their website - $65.00 - $75.00, 3 course dinner. The appetizers were very good. While we were eating them, we realized that we hadn't received our cocktails. By the time that the waiter came with our meals, it had been 45 minutes since we ordered them. We were getting pretty fed up, and we told him that we didn't want them any more. I ordered wahoo. It was just ok. Tom ordered surf and turf - steak medium rare. He got a tiny piece of steak that was well done and burned. The tiny lobster tail was grilled and it was burned too. By now, were were completely over this place. When we were able to finally flag down the server, we showed him Tom's dinner and told him that it was inedible and we wanted to speak to the manager. When she came over, we told her about the cocktails issue, and showed her the inedible meal. Before she suggested taking it off of our bill, we told her that we would not pay for it. We stopped the dinner right there, and didn't bother with dessert. After the taxi dropped us off, we went to Dutch Pancake House so Tom could get something to eat. All in all, a very disappointing evening. I don't know if we had an unusual experience, but we had lousy service and horrible food. We'll never go back.
    0 0