This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Hatteras is in Aruba 1/31/20 - 2/20/20

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to hear you were able to get rid of him
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    huh? what is missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    What he did was uncalled for.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    who got rid of whom?
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    Happy to hear you were able to get rid of him
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=coldsteel337;356511]What he did was uncalled for.[/QUOTE

?????

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing the guy that was ready to whip it out, lol. How quickly we forget

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    huh? what is missing here?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    duh of course!!

posting #98

So, Coldsteel, we now know what you are referring to!
    1 3

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so we figured out that Cold Steel's comments related to the guy that was trying to change clothes on the beach.

We got home safely around midnight Thursday (or maybe it was technically Friday am). Our flights went well. We were a little concerned about the weather, and had been receiving weather alerts from the airline, but the snow wasn't that bad, and we had no trouble getting home. Our connecting flight was delayed about 45 minutes, but we've had longer delays when the weather has been fine.

Finishing my trip report -
    We spent the last two days relaxing on the beach and on the private island. Tuesday night we decided to have dinner at the Renn. restaurant, Fresco again, because we had enjoyed it so much the previous week. Tom had the pasta in the wheel again and I had the lasagna. Both were very good. It started raining as we were finishing, so we moved under the restaurant's gazebo for a while. One of the supervisors came by for a chat, and we shared our pictures of the cave explorations with him. He knew about the one with the ladder by Baby Beach, but he had never heard of the one near the anchor.

Wednesday night - I had made a reservation for our last night at West Deck (our second visit on this trip). We went there twice last year, also. West Deck has become one of our favorite stops. We love the views and the food is great for a casual meal. We thought that we would try something new, but the Balashi Grouper Fingers won out again. They have a new beer, called Carib, that my husband discovered on our first visit this year. I believe that it comes from Trinidad. He had a few of those while I had their delicious sangria. After dinner, we walked around the area, and soaked in our last night in Aruba.

This was a wonderful trip. Being there for three weeks, we experienced a lot of weather changes. The temperature was nice and mild, averaging about 80 in the daytime. The water in the pools and ocean was a little chilly. We had a lot of rain showers during the second half of our trip. Some days, it would rain about 4 times while we were on the beach in the mornings. They were just passing showers for a few minutes, but some were downpours. We had a lot of wet towels, but were never run off of the beach. The last week was quite windy, with 20 - 30 mile an hour winds for days. Of course, I'd rather have the wind than no wind.

There were lots of highlights:
    Just relaxing on the beach and the private island in February
    Cave exploring, owl watching, mural touring with Bully
    Getting together with forum friends, Sean and Susan, Robin and Stu
    Dining in so many fabulous restaurants - Yemanja was Tom's favorite. Barefoot was mine (as always)
    Kukoo Kunuku Wine Tour
    Super Bowl Party at Costa Linda
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-25-2020 at 05:27 PM.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words Hatteras. All of us getting together was a hoot and laughs. We would have never met if it wasn't for this forum. So cool to share island suggestions in real time when in Aruba.
    Thanks Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it home safely. We all had a wonderful trip with you thanks to your fab trip reports!

0 1