This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatteras trip report. 6/4/21 - 6 /18/21

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monday- We decided to try ordering grocery delivery from Super Foods. The plan was to place the order before we left home, to be delivered on Saturday, but the weather on our flight day was looking really bad for dangerous storms. We weren't sure that our flight from Richmond would be canceled or delayed, which would cause us to miss our Atlanta connection ( just more added stress to all of the covid testing and protocols). We decided that it would be better to wait until we got here to put the order in.

I put the order in on Saturday, knowing that they would not deliver until Monday. I elected to allow substitutions for everything. When I awoke Monday morning around 6am, I already had an email listing what would be delivered. I ordered 2 half gallons of 1% Lactaid milk for me, and 2 half gallons of regular 2% milk for Tom. They substituted the lactose free milk for 2 half gallons of 1% regular milk, so now we were getting 4 half gallons of milk for Tom and none for me. I had also requested some ham lunch meat, which they said was unavailable, and they offered no substitute. There were some other items that they didn't substitute but they weren't that important.

I called the store when they opened and explained that lactose free milk and regular milk are not the same, and to just cancel the substitution. I also asked if they had any deli meat or lunch meat, and told her that we didn't care what kind it was. I said turkey would be ok, or chicken would be ok, or roast beef would be ok.

I had requested a call on my cell or text as notification for delivery. She said that it would probably be sometime between 11 - 12 before they contacted me. I wasn't sure how the cell reception would be on the beach and I needed to call home and check on my mom. She's having some issues and I'm trying to check on her regularly, and while I was at it, I decided to call my son and check on my dog. I have Verizon so I have to activate international calling in 24 hour increments, so might as well call everyone while I'm paying for it.

At 10am the front desk called the room phone and said that Super Foods was in the lobby, so I would have missed them if I hadn't stayed in the room. Two half gallons of 2% Lactaid magically appeared. For lunch meat, they sent one package of chicken, one package of turkey, and one package of roast beef, so obviously something got lost in translation there. We laughed over that one. Some of the items that they said were out of stock were also there.

We spent the rest of the day on the beach, cleaned up, and walked to LA Cabana to have dinner at Las Ramblas. The setting is beautiful. They have an incredible guitar player that looks like a younger Antonio Banderas. As he plays, he makes eye contact with you, which gets a little uncomfortable, but he is very entertaining. I had a petite filet with veggies and Tom had the special, which was triple tail with a buttery garlic sauce, which was delicious. We thought that the dinner was very good. We'd go back again.
    Last edited by hatteras; 06-08-2021 at 12:14 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad the food delivery turned out okay- enjoy the day. I need to catch up on your reporting later as I am going to breakfast now then out to the water. Bon Dia
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you 2 have the patience of a saint.
    the food delivery thing sounds like it is more trouble than its worth.
    I dislike grocery shopping and the parking lot at SuperFoods makes me turn into a rage filled crazy lady.
    but, we still continue to go to Superfoods and Lings.

Las Ramblas is a great place.
    Glad that you enjoyed it.
    those musicians at restaurants certainly make me feel uncomfortable when they make eye contact.
    it is very unsettling.
    there was a frank Sinatra impersonator at Bavaria that was so annoying it was funny.
    we tried to keep our heads lowered, eyes on our dinner and made no eye contact.
    pegmeister and I laughed about it lots.
    it was just CREEPY.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you 2 have the patience of a saint.
    the food delivery thing sounds like it is more trouble than its worth.
    I dislike grocery shopping and the parking lot at SuperFoods makes me turn into a rage filled crazy lady.
    but, we still continue to go to Superfoods and Lings.

Las Ramblas is a great place.
    Glad that you enjoyed it.
    those musicians at restaurants certainly make me feel uncomfortable when they make eye contact.
    it is very unsettling.
    there was a frank Sinatra impersonator at Bavaria that was so annoying it was funny.
    we tried to keep our heads lowered, eyes on our dinner and made no eye contact.
    pegmeister and I laughed about it lots.
    it was just CREEPY.
    I have patience. Tom has zero patience, so I handle everything and send him on his way. He was enjoying his time on the beach while I dealt with everything. That way, we are both happier. I'm not sure that I'll use the grocery delivery again.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    They have an incredible guitar player that looks like a younger Antonio Banderas. As he plays, he makes eye contact with you, which gets a little uncomfortable, but he is very entertaining.
    A younger Antonio Banderas? Who makes eye contact with you? Where is this again?? I MUST KNOW!! Ahem. Uh, I mean... asking for a friend....
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    A younger Antonio Banderas? Who makes eye contact with you? Where is this again?? I MUST KNOW!! Ahem. Uh, I mean... asking for a friend....
    He was very pretty to look at, and very sexy

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Glad the food delivery turned out okay- enjoy the day. I need to catch up on your reporting later as I am going to breakfast now then out to the water. Bon Dia

I'm glad that you and your wife are having a great time!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    He was very pretty to look at, and very sexy
    If he is even remotely close to Antonio-looking, I can only imagine!!! *swoon*
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    You beat me to it, phrogg! Las Ramblas wasn't on my list for August, but it's definitely on there now! An Antonio look-alike? Yummy!!
    Someday I'll tell you all my Antonio story. For now, suffice it to say both of this girl's cheeks have been kissed by the one and only Antonio!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you guys are in the groove. Although grocery delivery is nice, I think we'll continue to use the Do It Center for our groceries...

0 1