This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here it goes....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well as we get ready to go to dinner, I had to go to the front desk. As I come back to go to the elevators as there are signs posted everywhere wear your mask. No surprise no one wearing them. I decided to take the stairs instead as I see people piling into the elevators that also say no more than 3 people. They should have someone there making sure it’s being done. It was a hard decision to come and continues to be because we do not want to get stuck here when it’s time to go home. It’s always in the back of my mind but I know we are continuing to wear it regardless of what others do
    Last edited by rubysally; 08-20-2021 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Emoji didn’t work
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    many people are either stupid or brain dead.
    their actions are very selfish when they do not follow the rules.

continue to have fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rubysally View Post
    Well as we get ready to go to dinner, I had to go to the front desk. As I come back to go to the elevators as there are signs posted everywhere wear your mask. No surprise no one wearing them. I decided to take the stairs instead as I see people piling into the elevators that also say no more than 3 people. They should have someone there making sure it’s being done. It was a hard decision to come and continues to be because we do not want to get stuck here when it’s time to go home. It’s always in the back of my mind but I know we are continuing to wear it regardless of what others do
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Last nights dinner was Fred’s and it was excellent. First time going and will not be the last. My son is a foodie and it was a great experience. We loved our different courses. My only issue was going and the taxi driver was not wearing a mask. We have to take a taxi tonight and we just need to say something if the person is not wearing one. Taxi was 15 going and 16 coming back to Hyatt. It was after 11 so they made sure we knew the price as soon as we got in. I thought at first she was going to say a really high amount but it was only a dollar difference. We did have a brief shower yesterday but it’s looking like clear skies so far today
    Last edited by rubysally; 08-21-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy to read your trip report!
    Sean ans Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rubysally View Post
    Last nights dinner was Fred’s and it was excellent.
    How did they set up the dining area? Were all the seats filled? While it's a big space, you're still right next to people when seated... unless they reduced capacity.

We went to "Carte Blanche" in May and they'd moved the dining area outside.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We too did Carte Blanche outside and felt it changed the experience. Next reservation will be when things improve and we are seated inside once again. I love Carte Blanche but ... If you have time maybe try to get a reservation at OAK. Fabulous food and there is option of outdoor eating. It is one of our must go to every trip. Continue enjoying!!!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh View Post
    We too did Carte Blanche outside and felt it changed the experience. Next reservation will be when things improve and we are seated inside once again. I love Carte Blanche but ... If you have time maybe try to get a reservation at OAK. Fabulous food and there is option of outdoor eating. It is one of our must go to every trip. Continue enjoying!!!!
    Agreed re CB. We missed the show Dennis puts on when it was inside - definitely a different vibe with the kitchen tucked away in the corner.

But it's a hard pass on Oak... after numerous attempts at getting a table, we gave up. Them and Wacky Wahoo and their non-existent booking systems. People shouldn't have to work at getting a table.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We book OAK about 2 or 3 months out. I e mail the restaurant and they respond within a day. Lovely people and fabulous food. If you need e mail, let me know.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We have Azurro on our list as it is a favorite of ours and we want to share with our adult nephew and his girlfriend that we are taking with us this trip. We own at the Marriott Ocean Club and this may be, I hope, the only time I request a lower floor, LOL!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like

Continuation

So it’s Monday morning and it’s torrential rain here. I’ll try to remember what I missed from my last post. I’m doing this off of an iPhone and have never posted before. For Fred’s there was 11 of us. Max amount of people is 12. There was plenty of space btw all of us
    Saturday was a clear day and we had a poke bowl from Eduardo’s and a pork gyro from the Greek place. We had reservations at Yemenja and going taxi driver had mask coming back no and he was watching a movie on his phone. I should have spoke up but I didn’t
    Sunday got up checked in to playa Linda grabbed a hut. Checked out of Hyatt and waited until our room was ready. It was ready by 2:30 then back to beach by 3. We have a 2 bedroom overlooking the beach and it’s perfect
    We decided no more reservations after tonight if we have to take a taxi. We went to Quinta del Carmen at 5:30 back to the resort by 7. When we took the taxi this time I saw he wasn’t wearing a mask so I asked before we went in and he put one on. I was relieved by that and thanked him
    they had a vaccine clinic at the ritz yesterday and apparently they had over a thousand people there. We have been to oak I just don’t want to continue with the taxi. There was a couple with 2 children here and one of the children tested positive. My husband and I agreed we have to live our lives and just be careful but to be honest I love Aruba but I don’t want to be stuck here. We have our 17 year old with us and we have been taking stairs and wearing the masks inside. All of our restaurants have been outside.
    Last edited by rubysally; 08-23-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    1 1