This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Here it goes....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I've never asked and just assumed as they work in the tourism industry with lots of exposure to foreigners and travel out of Aruba a few times a year. They also have young kids so I don't think they'd take that kind of chance.

To be honest, we're not concerned about others being vaccinated anymore as the delta variant can be transmitted by anybody (including the vaccinated). So we're just glad to be vaccinated and, god forbid, if we do pick up the variant, chances are it'll just be a cold/flu-like situation. We continue to be vigilant about mask-wearing, sanitizer and distancing.

They drive a minivan so there's good distance and open the windows to ensure fresh air is sweeping through.
    Totally agree. We too continue to be vigilant here in NJ. So far we are leaving for Aruba on 9/11. Now I am worried about the daily rain people are reporting! Keep you posted!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s my recap for Wednesday....nothing but great sun and clouds today. A typical normal Aruba day. We were on the beach the entire day. Dinner was iguana cantina. We went by 6 and it wasn’t packed. We just took a walk where casa tuna and tango are. Every seat was taken and people waiting for tables at 7:30. Way to crowded for me and now I’m sitting on the balcony listening to the ocean.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you act1966 for the what’s app number for your taxi drivers. We use the what’s app here so we don’t get a crazy phone bill when we return home. More businesses should promote it. Tomorrow we will be doing our Covid test to return home. I love Aruba but again I do not want to be stuck here.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Love reading about your day.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you going for the rest to come home and is there any cost to you
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The test…not rest! Hopefully you are fully rested after your trip anyway….
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my 2 cents: when you call for a taxi and the driver is not wearing a mask, why not tell him/her that you will take the next driver who IS wearing a mask? If enough folks did that, the message will get out. Perhaps a good reason to rent a car for next trip. Makes me glad we have a rental for our upcoming trip next month. BTW: glad you are having fun and enjoying the beach. What is the chickee situation at Playa Linda? Long time owners here.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You know on my first trip to Aruba during COVID December 2020, I took a taxi in NY to the airport and the driver was not masked. I was ticked off but I should have refused the cab. It was 5am and I still had time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thursday recap. Got my hut and hung out at the beach until 9. We went for our Covid test right across the street by the lazy turtle restaurant. That’s where everyone was going bc it was the cheapest. It was 35.00 each. It was a walk in and no one was there. Got negative Covid results by 1:30. So relieved and then spent the rest of the day at the beach. We had an early dinner reservation at 5 at azurros bc it was either that or 8:30. Which for me that’s to late. Then we took a walk and had a crepe at the French kiss place by tango and casa tua. I prefer the other crepe place by the water show but they are gone. It’s very crowded at most restaurants around 7:30. Friday got up early and beach all day. We have been playing bingo but didn’t win. Hut situation isn’t bad. You can still get Second row right now. Last night we did wilhomena (spelling is wrong ) but everyone had masks on and we were all good . Excellent meal!! We are leaving today and packing up everything as we speak..
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe home! I enjoyed your posts and thank you for sharing.

0 0