This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Intermediate result after three weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Intermediate result after three weeks

We now stay at the Divi Aruba All inclusive since jan 3rd and will stay until feb 1st. So we did extend our stay for one more week.
    At all I can say that the Divi Aruba All Inclusive is a very good vacation hotel at one of the best beaches (divi beach, just around the corner from eagle beach). Beach is much smaller than eagle beach but a little more wind than the north beaches.
    Hotel staff is working well, nice and friendly. There are some of them who seemed to be not as committed as others, but 95% of the staff is great. Reception and Concierge work ist perfect!
    The Covid rules are well done and all the people do their part to take care. We allways use the outside option of the restaurants for eating. That works great.
    People changed over the weeks, from wedding guest to families and retired couples and it seems a lot of people coming for a few days.
    The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing.
    What I`m wondering is (especially by the wedding guests) is the kind of littering at the beach. The hotel positioned boxes where people can put used cups into, but (sorry, but almost younger US tourists) leave their garbage at the beach and the pool staff then has to clearance. I really cannot understand. There are so much of them who take no care of the nature.
    We did rent cars by Hertz to explore the island which is really easy. So it is easy to find beaches like baby beach, boca Catalina etc to go for snorkeling.
    The Superfood supermarket in the near is great and you feel like to be in a Netherlands supermarket.
    We did visit Oranjestad at a day when no cruise tourists were there, so it was not crowded and it was comfortable to go for shopping.
    All at all a great stay until now and we are looking forward for another eight days in paradise.
    Last edited by LarsH; 01-23-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for sharing your stay with us.

littering no matter where, is despicable.
    some treat the beach as a giant ash tray.
    people need to be more conscious of our planet.....not just some people (younger usa ???? ) but ALL people from everywhere.

have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LarsH View Post
    We now stay at the Divi Aruba All inclusive since jan 3rd and will stay until feb 1st. So we did extend our stay for one more week.
    At all I can say that the Divi Aruba All Inclusive is a very good vacation hotel at one of the best beaches (divi beach, just around the corner from eagle beach). Beach is much smaller than eagle beach but a little more wind than the north beaches.
    Hotel staff is working well, nice and friendly. There are some of them who seemed to be not as committed as others, but 95% of the staff is great. Reception and Concierge work ist perfect!
    The Covid rules are well done and all the people do their part to take care. We allways use the outside option of the restaurants for eating. That works great.
    People changed over the weeks, from wedding guest to families and retired couples and it seems a lot of people coming for a few days.
    The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing.
    What I`m wondering is (especially by the wedding guests) is the kind of littering at the beach. The hotel positioned boxes where people can put used cups into, but (sorry, but almost younger US tourists) leave their garbage at the beach and the pool staff then has to clearance. I really cannot understand. There are so much of them who take no care of the nature.
    We did rent cars by Hertz to explore the island which is really easy. So it is easy to find beaches like baby beach, boca Catalina etc to go for snorkeling.
    The Superfood supermarket in the near is great and you feel like to be in a Netherlands supermarket.
    We did visit Oranjestad at a day when no cruise tourists were there, so it was not crowded and it was comfortable to go for shopping.
    All at all a great stay until now and we are looking forward fo another eight days in paradise.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-23-2022 at 03:10 PM.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    The littering is not cool but agree with Andrea's point that all can do better not just the younger kids from the US.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are enjoying your stay at the Divi. The beach there is great but I do agree there was more litter than I care to see. They use to come by in the morning with one of those giant raking machines that did a good job. We haven’t stayed at the Divi since December 2016 and some of their staff has retired since then but we always enjoyed the cheerful welcome back from the staff. Even though we now stay at Manchebo I would still take a walk over on the evenings the vendors were selling their wares.

‘Enjoy the rest of your stay.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The littering is not cool but agree with Andrea's point that all can do better not just the younger kids from the US.
    see my answer to andrea. Warm regards. Lars
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you for sharing your stay with us.

littering no matter where, is despicable.
    some treat the beach as a giant ash tray.
    people need to be more conscious of our planet.....not just some people (younger usa ???? ) but ALL people from everywhere.

have fun!
    Andrea, I totally agree. In that case I saw over three weeks younger tourists from USA did that. But I can tell you, the same problem in europe we have at the beaches. So this does not depend from which state they are. All people have to safe the planet and they shall not be to lazy bringing back their cups and plastic garbage away from the beach. Everywhere there are trash boxes to put the stuff in. Sorry for evt misunderstanding.
    0 0