This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 163

Thread: Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020

  1. #121
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wednesday -

    Beach in the morning, took Erica & her boys to the airport, stopped at Super Food for frozen peas and Ann, Brianna & I went snorkeling up (down) the coast - Arashi, Tres tapi, Malmok. Then back to Eagle Beach.

    Showered & dressed and off to Madame Janette for the most amazing dinner as usual. The bread, the onions, the Bang Bang Shrimp - the coconut cake! OMG Delicious.

    Came home and some went to Glitz & some went to bed. Broken record, I know, but it was another amazing family fun day in Aruba!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 3
     

  2. #122
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait to post my own broken record trip report, I'm really enjoying yours.

  3. #123
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    so glad that Wednesday was wonderful!!

    my favorite meal at MJs is the Bang Bang shrimp and yes it is an appetizer...but plenty for a meal.
    I have never had the coconut cake.

    how crowded was MJS?

    Tomorrow...is travel day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Wednesday -

    Beach in the morning, took Erica & her boys to the airport, stopped at Super Food for frozen peas and Ann, Brianna & I went snorkeling up (down) the coast - Arashi, Tres tapi, Malmok. Then back to Eagle Beach.

    Showered & dressed and off to Madame Janette for the most amazing dinner as usual. The bread, the onions, the Bang Bang Shrimp - the coconut cake! OMG Delicious.

    Came home and some went to Glitz & some went to bed. Broken record, I know, but it was another amazing family fun day in Aruba!
    0 0
     

  4. #124
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never had those famous bang bang shrimps. I've seen pictures and the portion looks large. I guess you can order it for a meal and a side of the potatoe augratin that I love.
    0 0
     

  5. #125
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Wednesday -


    Showered & dressed and off to Madame Janette for the most amazing dinner as usual. The bread, the onions, the Bang Bang Shrimp - the coconut cake! OMG Delicious.
    Coconut cake is back on the menu.....? Woooo Hoooo!
    0 1
     

  6. #126
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    last time we were at MJs I ordered the Bang bang Appetizer as my dinner and a side of the creamed spinach.
    it was way more than enough for a meal and I did not have to pick the spinach off Paul's dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I've never had those famous bang bang shrimps. I've seen pictures and the portion looks large. I guess you can order it for a meal and a side of the potatoe augratin that I love.
    0 0
     

  7. #127
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so glad that Wednesday was wonderful!!

    my favorite meal at MJs is the Bang Bang shrimp and yes it is an appetizer...but plenty for a meal.
    I have never had the coconut cake.

    how crowded was MJS?

    Tomorrow...is travel day?

    MJ was more crowded than I was expecting. They are strict about the max of 4 per table which is fine by me. We are down to only 10 people so we had 3 tables.

    The coconut cake is insanely sweet but comes with real whipped cream (which lessens the sweetness) and an incredible raspberry ice cream....maybe some lemon in there too. It was amazing. 3 at my table ordered a Cesar salad as an appetizer. Thankfully the server said one is probably enough for all 3 of you. How about I bring one and if not enough I'll get more. It was HUGE!

    Yes.....tomorrow is travel day....
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    1 2
     

  8. #128
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so nucb, Jacki, for taking us virtually along with you and your family! Safe travels home!!
    0 0
     

  9. #129
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your vacation has certainly flown by! Thank you so much for sharing it. Safe home!!

    0 0
     

  10. #130
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels and thanks for taking us along your journey. Let us know how the check in process at airport went with both customs, crowds if any.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •