This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020-fe198736-4a40-4160-941b-031f9134bcf0-jpg From my front row Palapa

Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020-ebe118e9-9ab1-4add-bff8-a7199c45d514-jpg Spacious Eagle Beach
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    BigTee, from a fellow single who is somewhat introverted and whose perfect vacation is laying under an umbrella or palapa all day on a beautiful beach, then relaxing with a nice dinner and a cocktail or two, served to me by a friendly and caring resort staff, take a look at the photo under my name to the left. Taken from underneath my Eagle Beach palapa last year - when it was "busy". Pretty much sums it up for me!

I've stayed on both Palm and Eagle beaches. Both have their pros and cons, but for me, Eagle Beach is "it" for the kind of experience I look for (and isn't that one of the great things about Aruba? You can have either kind of experience!). All the action of Palm Beach is just a short taxi ride away! You sound like a perfect candidate for the Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa. Check it out while you are there and maybe I'll see you one palapa over next year! :-)
    0 3

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tee,

several forum members (including myself) have gone solo. While I’m not exactly an introvert, I generally keep to myself but still get out and about and don’t mind talking to strangers. I personally like both Palm and Eagle beach, despite their differences. Last year, I did a split stay half Hilton, half Oceania at Eagle Beach just to be sure I get to enjoy both areas, but I also like to get out to other other beaches!

I also LOVE La Cabana and their staff are awesome, as Jacki mentioned.

I don’t mean to derail the thread but I thought my 2 cents would be worth at least...2 cents to Tee in planning the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTee View Post
    Eagle Beach seems lovely, and the staff at La Cabana seem helpful.

I wish that you could come to Palm Beach and do a review there. You seem engaged in all the activities and destinations in the island, and the heartfelt description of your active engagement in Aruba beach life is helpful.

I just wonder what you would think of Palm Beach. I mean, you and I have quite the opposite personalities. I am single and an introvert and my vacation consists of laying all day on the beach wrapped in a towel so in don't get sunburnt. Then I relax all evening in the hot tub, until I am as relaxed as a jellyfish. I really rely on the friendly resort staff to take care of me. If it weren't for the trained resort staff, I don't know what I would do. I probably would go to Cancun, instead. I don't like change, and I don't like new experiences. I go to Cancun all the time. And last year I thought that I would be adventurous and try Aruba. So last year I stayed on Palm Beach, and it was okay, and I'm giving it one more try. So, I'm happy to read about your big family experience. It helps me feel brave to try Palm Beach, again.

0 2