This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa's Adventure in Paradise 8/9/22-8/19/22

Post Thanks / Like
    You are, of course, correct, Chuck. No one can deny I've rested well! LOL!

I completely forgot to mention the Manager's cocktail party which I did drag myself down to attend. Glad I did because a vendor I bought a couple of small "paintings" from last year was there. She remembered me because we had talked about the fact that my father was a professional artist. I gave the ones I had away as gifts so I was glad to find one for myself! There was a sea glass jewelry maker there (I'll post her name another time; I can't remember it and I'm too lazy to go look) and a few purchases were made (for me and others; earring and bracelets are a weakness). Had a chance to chat with Edgar, the manager. He assured me the new owners are very aware of keeping this place the intimate resort that it is. Time will tell....

Oh, the sparkly stuff. The decision has been made to wait until I get to the airport on Friday. There's a jewelry store there (I think it's called Columbia Emeralds or something like that); right before the entry into the US section. I got a really nice pair of gold hoop earrings there last year, and I saw a few things that caught my eye. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Nothing worthwhile all day......... WRONG! You're refueling your body and soul ...it's all good and needed! You know that!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Columbian Emeralds also has a store downtown if you do decide to head down that way. They may have a larger selection of items there than the airport.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    But Peg, that's so much work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Columbian Emeralds also has a store downtown if you do decide to head down that way. They may have a larger selection of items there than the airport.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Last full beach day in the bag! Decided to make the most of it and got up early. Grabbed a coffee and went on a long beach walk. Had breakfast at Ike's (scrambled eggs, bacon and toast) Was under the palapa armed with both Kindle and tablet so I could either read or listen to music by 9:15 and that's where I stayed until 4pm. Wind was a bit less fierce today but it was pretty hot. Several dips in the pool were required. There are a lot more kids here than I've ever seen, from infant to tween, but all well behaved. They do tend to take over the pool though so my dips were quick. Dinner tonight down at TOF so I can have a final visit with my friend Quintin then may grab a cocktail at Ike's Bar if I'm not too tired.

I can see I'm starting to get burned a little despite how careful I've been (it's inevitable when you're a fair-skinned freckled redhead!) so timing has been good. Tomorrow I may sleep in a bit and plop myself down on one of the couches in the pavilion with my Kindle instead of laying on the beach. I have my spa afternoon at 2:30 and then final dinner at Ike's for paella and sangria night. Having been to Spain several times, my expectations may be too high but what the heck...I always begin and end with dinner at Ike's.

I'm ready to head home on Friday. Ten days is enough for me. I'm actually getting tired of eating out. And as much as I'll miss the dream bed and the pampering here, I'm looking forward to being in my own apartment with my own bed. And I'll have all weekend to unpack, do laundry, go grocery shopping and get ready for the return to the job. I'm not looking forward to that last part at all!!
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa...what is the brand of the bed at Manchebo?

Enjoy your dinner tonight and that wonderful spa day tomorrow!!!

I got a text from Jay and it took him almost 3 hrs to get from start to finish at the airport this afternoon.
    What time is your flight?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Last full beach day in the bag! Decided to make the most of it and got up early. Grabbed a coffee and went on a long beach walk. Had breakfast at Ike's (scrambled eggs, bacon and toast) Was under the palapa armed with both Kindle and tablet so I could either read or listen to music by 9:15 and that's where I stayed until 4pm. Wind was a bit less fierce today but it was pretty hot. Several dips in the pool were required. There are a lot more kids here than I've ever seen, from infant to tween, but all well behaved. They do tend to take over the pool though so my dips were quick. Dinner tonight down at TOF so I can have a final visit with my friend Quintin then may grab a cocktail at Ike's Bar if I'm not too tired.

I can see I'm starting to get burned a little despite how careful I've been (it's inevitable when you're a fair-skinned freckled redhead!) so timing has been good. Tomorrow I may sleep in a bit and plop myself down on one of the couches in the pavilion with my Kindle instead of laying on the beach. I have my spa afternoon at 2:30 and then final dinner at Ike's for paella and sangria night. Having been to Spain several times, my expectations may be too high but what the heck...I always begin and end with dinner at Ike's.

I'm ready to head home on Friday. Ten days is enough for me. I'm actually getting tired of eating out. And as much as I'll miss the dream bed and the pampering here, I'm looking forward to being in my own apartment with my own bed. And I'll have all weekend to unpack, do laundry, go grocery shopping and get ready for the return to the job. I'm not looking forward to that last part at all!!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you enjoy TOF tonight and Ike's tomorrow. I've really enjoyed your daily updates.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ten days is about right for us as well. Just enough so that she feel like a vacation but are then ready to head home. Enjoy TOF!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought them the first time we were in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It’s pretty amazing. To look at the pieces they look painted. Even when you run your hand over a piece you can’t feel that the resin has been applied. Can’t imagine how many hours are spent on some of these items. I’m guessing that the store at the Renaissance Marketplace is associated with the one at Alhambra, or maybe they moved their location?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just getting caught up reading trip reports. You trip sounds so wonderfully relaxing. Thanks so much for the great reports.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Bed brand is Saatva. Not sold in stores. You have to buy them over the internet or visit one of their stores (I only know there's one in NYC but I'm sure there are other locations). I'm definitely ordering one before the end of the year.

Dinner was wonderful and they weren't too busy so Quintin had lots of time to sit and visit. I feel like I truly now have a good friend in Aruba and we'll definitely be keeping in touch.

My flight is at 2:15pm on Friday which means I can arrive at the airport between 10:30am & 11:30am. That's right, isn't it? I've read that darn chart so many times I've started to confuse myself! I plan on leaving Manchebo at 10:15 so I have as much time as possible upon arrival. I'd rather be there and sitting in the crying room than stress. Last year was a cake walk; hoping I get lucky again. Duty-free shopping to be done, a stop at Columbian Emeralds, hopefully GE interview and time for more shopping once I'm in the gate area. We'll see how it goes. As strange as it may sound, I'll give up the GE interview if it looks crazy. I won't be travelling internationally again this year so have time to take care of that once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Lisa...what is the brand of the bed at Manchebo?

Enjoy your dinner tonight and that wonderful spa day tomorrow!!!

I got a text from Jay and it took him almost 3 hrs to get from start to finish at the airport this afternoon.
    What time is your flight?
    0 2