This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: Live report from July 15-25th

  1. #21
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Hoping that your casino visits are better than CP's.
    Me too! Mine couldn't have been much worse! Much luck, Jay!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 0
     

  2. #22
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know we need to get moving. We just ordered eggs for CJ at the Eduardos- who has a spot right at the Boardwalk now....very reasonable so I hope it tastes good also. If my 1st day is any indication the casino going could be hard again this trip, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Enjoy your day and get your butts to the beach!!

    Hoping that your casino visits are better than CP's.

    Have fun and thanks for sharing.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 0
     

  3. #23
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like vacation 33 is off to a great start! You better be on the beach by now!
    0 1
     

  4. #24
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just returned from the beach....4 hours was just enough hot sun for us...my wife was getting pretty red on her shoulders...wow is the sun hot strong today! We spent the morning/early afternoon on the beach playing either soccer or football with our son. When he was tired we headed to Madero for lunch and of course a few drinks. Lunch was incredible as always- I get the same thing almost every single time as I enjoy it that much. My go to the madero club with NO avacado spread...so its basically a turkey club with fries. My wife enjoyed the fish tacos minus any fish...she substituted chicken for it After lunch we played on the beach some more and changed it into ocean soccer- don't ask but it was fun. The ocean was amazing! I don't spend a ton of time in the ocean but plan to this week as the pools are warmer than I like them to be and they are not as refreshing when you are sweating like a pig.

    Just waiting for one of our good friends to stop by on his way to work. Did you know that I am now a delivery service from the US to Aruba? Only kidding of course but I do end up brining lots of things to our friends. This trip I have a pair of sneakers for one of our friends and an Iphone 12, charger and a case for my friend who is stopping by in 15 min prior to work. Anytime I can help one of my friends we do. I have brought down everything from sneakers to a computer gaming station, lol. With all everyone does for us while we are here its the least we can do.

    Might be a nap day today- time will tell. Dinner tonight will be back over at the Ritz. I am thinking we will do Casa Nonna tonight as I am craving their spaghetti!

    Live report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-33-29-pm-jpgLive report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-33-18-pm-jpgLive report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-33-01-pm-jpgLive report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-32-47-pm-jpgLive report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-32-30-pm-jpg
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-16-2021 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added 5 photos of Boardwalk accomodations
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 3
     

  5. #25
    Pop-pop Brian
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I know we need to get moving. We just ordered eggs for CJ at the Eduardos- who has a spot right at the Boardwalk now....very reasonable so I hope it tastes good also. If my 1st day is any indication the casino going could be hard again this trip, lol.
    Jay, that Eduardos Beach Shack at the Boardwalk sounds awesome!! what a great onsite Food and Beverage option that is. We have always walked down to the original Eduardo's on the beach from the Surf Club several times during our visits. Can "outsiders" not staying at Boardwalk access the Eduardo's there or is only for hotel guests? Nice write up here about the new service (I'm sure you've seen it).

    https://www.aruba.com/us/news/boardw...h-new-services

    Have fun.
    0 0
     

  6. #26
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great question and tomorrow I will ask. We charged it to our room...not sure how many non guests will make it to the boardwalk so I am guessing its all cash-less ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Jay, that Eduardos Beach Shack at the Boardwalk sounds awesome!! what a great onsite Food and Beverage option that is. We have always walked down to the original Eduardo's on the beach from the Surf Club several times during our visits. Can "outsiders" not staying at Boardwalk access the Eduardo's there or is only for hotel guests? Nice write up here about the new service (I'm sure you've seen it).

    https://www.aruba.com/us/news/boardw...h-new-services

    Have fun.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 0
     

  7. #27
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just got back from a long walk along the beach. We tried to stop in and see our good friend Sebastian on our walk back but he was in a managers meeting and responded to my text after we had left....we did not plan on seeing him but can't walk past where he works and not pop in....Sebastian is who introduced us to the Ritz....and made it our home away from home- minus staying at the boardwalk of course, lol.

    We did however get to stop by and see another good friend Romolo over at the Marriott on our return home. Great to see him. The 1st thing he said after seeing us was where is CJ- to which we responded he is back at the Boardwalk....and he then grabbed a little present for him from the shelf.

    Wish we saw everyone more than we do...too many good friends and not enough time is my only complaint!
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 1
     

  8. #28
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    My only worry in the world today is I drank too much for lunch/pre dinner and I need to go to bed early, lol. Getting ready to jump in the shower before heading over to the Ritz for dinner.

    And to follow up on the only bad meal in Aruba- the breakfast was yuck! 1st if you enjoy "beyond meet" sausage or whatever it was called- yuck! And adding onions and scallions to scrabbled eggs is not something we enjoyed....if there is a next time we will pass on the extras, lol. We will stick to the eduardo smoothies. If that is all I come up with all week for a negative we will be rocking and rolling!


    Live report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-31-42-pm-jpgLive report from July 15-25th-screen-shot-2021-07-16-10-31-11-pm-jpg
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-16-2021 at 10:42 PM. Reason: last 2 photos
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 0
     

  9. #29
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now, Jay. No tapping out on the first full day. c'mon Let that fresh Aruba water rehydrate you and hang tight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    My only worry in the world today is I drank too much for lunch/pre dinner and I need to go to bed early, lol. Getting ready to jump in the shower before heading over to the Ritz for dinner.

    And to follow up on the only bad meal in Aruba- the breakfast was yuck! 1st if you enjoy "beyond meet" sausage or whatever it was called- yuck! And adding onions and scallions to scrabbled eggs is not something we enjoyed....if there is a next time we will pass on the extras, lol. We will stick to the eduardo smoothies. If that is all I come up with all week for a negative we will be rocking and rolling!


    0 0
     

  10. #30
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do, lmao! Off to dinner at Casa Nonna.

    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Now, Jay. No tapping out on the first full day. c'mon Let that fresh Aruba water rehydrate you and hang tight!
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •