This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Live trip report 10/28-11/26/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reports. Your tears wont stay wet long you are back soon, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Maybe Ritz will give back and your wife will win the Ferrari! Get those raffle tickets in!!
    How would you get a Ferrari home from Aruba? Am I missing something here?
    Brian

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd leave it there or sell it. It'd save a ton on rental cars every year, although gas is gonna be a bear.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sad for you!
    Happy for me though

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    In the crying room and well...crying
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    How would you get a Ferrari home from Aruba? Am I missing something here?

Definitely would sell it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    In the crying room and well...crying

I so appreciated all your trip reports!! Safe home

Post Thanks / Like
    Good bye and thanks for all your pictures and posts! You made us so happy for our upcoming trip.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday Day 28:

The dreaded travel day…

Headed to the car wash to get the car cleaned up and ready for storage. Tried the new automatic car wash and it was great. They vacuumed the interior and cleaned everything…very impressed. Took the battery out of the car and made sure it was fully charged and then installed the car cover. We’ll see if it’s still on when we return.

We must get new plates in January, and what of the office staff said she would have her husband do it for us when they renewed their cars, so we gave her the funds for that and the supporting documents. So nice of them…

We still had some cleaning and packing to do, so we concentrated on that for the rest of the morning. We had a five thirty flight, so we did it at our leisure.

We got a cab around 2:30 and headed to the airport. This time the longer lines were at Aruba Customs, but it only took about twenty minutes to get through it. We always dread US Customs, but his time there were only two people ahead of us and be breezed right through. We had an hour to kill, so we grabbed a quick bite and sat at the gate.

Our flight left a few minutes late, but we still arrived on schedule. Changed terminals in Charlotte and only waited a short time before we started to board. Both flights were smooth sailing and we arrived in Syracuse a little after midnight. Got a quick Uber ride and made it home without a hitch, just tired.

So that wraps up another trip. Thanks to everyone who followed along and all of the wonderful replies! We’ll be back in a few months and do it all over again.

Link to Photo Album
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/N5nFuvAcpkULQzyr7

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    2 4

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with you I would not take it home. I almost forgot I have a zillion tickets in that drawing myself. I had MANY employees tell me they also had a cash offering instead of the car- don't quote me but 200k rings a bell. I would take that cash so fast your head would spin. The worry about getting it back...paying taxes on it, trying to insure it...blah blah blah, give me some cold hard cash.

Thanks for all of your postings!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'd leave it there or sell it. It'd save a ton on rental cars every year, although gas is gonna be a bear.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 11-27-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for taking the time to post! I truly enjoyed reading your reports and viewing your beautiful photos.
    1 0