This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Live Trip Report 3/27 - 4/5

  1. #11
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband loves the casino and now I enjoy it more than I ever thought it would. Our last few trips I was very lucky so looking forward to our May trip.

    0 2
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    1,919
    Post Thanks / Like
    fiscally responsible is important, but as my hubby says, "you don't want to be the richest person in the cemetery". You need to enjoy life and Aruba is one of the best places to do so. Besides you can talk your self into believing you are fiscally responsible-it's less expensive than some place like Tahiti or Australia, or San Francisco. or St. Barts.




    0 2
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Day 3 - Friday

    This morning I had to run some errands. First off was Super Foods did a quick in and out for some essentials: beer, cold cuts, gouda cubes, and snacks for by the pool. Then it was off to Amigo main office because I found out the night before that my rental car had a headlight out when the valet brought it back after dinner. They fixed it pretty quick for island time. I've never had a problem with Amight, which is why I am hesitant to use a different company every year, although I hear so many good things about some of the other companies off site from the airport.

    At noon I have a manicure pedicure appointment at Shalom, which is in the Alhambra “mall”. Relaxing and it needed to get done.

    The it was off to the pool for most of the day, then the beach bar for happy hour. We really like the new beach bar. I was hesitant about moving it from the second floor to the first, but they seem to be doing a good job over there. And very attentive bartenders for the Island. Then again we usually tip pretty hard so that might have something to do with it. LOL

    Then last night we did the Karaoke Bus with Giovanni? A couple of folks by the pool swear by karaoke with Giovanni so we all hopped on the bus, there was like a group of 30 of us. It wasn't necessarily my scene, but it was a good time and a fairly cheap way to spend the night. Very similar to KuKu, just with karaoke. I think had I been quite a bit drunker I would have enjoyed it more, but some days just aren't my day for getting drunk.

    Afterwards I skipped the casino trip and went to the hot tub with a few folks for a late night soak. Great way to cap off the night.

    The only problem with this trip so far is the lack of sleep. I've been getting up and out of bed very early for more. I've decided that it is because I really like early morning by myself while everyone else is sleeping, it's peaceful and the WiFi is better. That is what I am telling myself rather than the fact that I am getting older and am not able to sleep anywhere, sleep for extended hours or just change my sleeping habits on a whim.

    FYI by older, I mean that I turn the ripe old age of 37 this year. Much closer to 40 than 30.
    1 1
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robin:

    I like how you think! Btw, I need to go finishing reading your trip report. Reading your report and others convinced me that I needed to be a good forum member and actually post this year considering I LIVE for lurking and reading everyone else's trip reports when I am not in Aruba.


    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    fiscally responsible is important, but as my hubby says, "you don't want to be the richest person in the cemetery". You need to enjoy life and Aruba is one of the best places to do so. Besides you can talk your self into believing you are fiscally responsible-it's less expensive than some place like Tahiti or Australia, or San Francisco. or St. Barts.
    0 3
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peg - I remember reading your report and being jealous of how lucky you were this year, hope the luck stays with you!

    My first year down here, a mere 5 years ago now, I came out ahead most nights at the casinos. It wasn't a ton of money, but usually $100 or so, almost enough to cover dinner and the evenings activities. That was a really good year.

    I've been chasing that streak ever since and haven't come close to matching it. Now I tend to get angry when I lose, which takes all the fun out of the process. So I've been avoiding all together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    My husband loves the casino and now I enjoy it more than I ever thought it would. Our last few trips I was very lucky so looking forward to our May trip.
    0 2
     

  6. #16
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    33,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel that folks' trips reports are so very important.
    Many of us do live vicariously thru other's stories.
    Thanks for sharing your days with us too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvosilla View Post
    Reading your report and others convinced me that I needed to be a good forum member and actually post this year considering I LIVE for lurking and reading everyone else's trip reports when I am not in Aruba.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvosilla View Post
    Peg - I remember reading your report and being jealous of how lucky you were this year, hope the luck stays with you!

    My first year down here, a mere 5 years ago now, I came out ahead most nights at the casinos. It wasn't a ton of money, but usually $100 or so, almost enough to cover dinner and the evenings activities. That was a really good year.

    I've been chasing that streak ever since and haven't come close to matching it. Now I tend to get angry when I lose, which takes all the fun out of the process. So I've been avoiding all together.

    I’ve already started looking at videos of newer slot machines on YouTube. Aruba has been updating their Machines over the last couple of years so I hope to see some of the newe video versions

    enjoying your reports!!!

    0 0
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvosilla View Post
    Day 3 - Friday

    FYI by older, I mean that I turn the ripe old age of 37 this year. Much closer to 40 than 30.
    OMG... to be 37 again.....! I'm enjoying your trip.... but wouldn't be able to keep up with you at my advanced age.....!! Thanks for taking the time to share....!
    0 1
     

  9. #19
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear the new Divi beach bar is doing well and has great service. Hope you catch up on some zzzz's, I too enjoy my alone time early am both at home and especially in Aruba. Continued fun in the sun

    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    OMG... to be 37 again.....! I'm enjoying your trip.... but wouldn't be able to keep up with you at my advanced age.....!! Thanks for taking the time to share....!
    Heck, I'd like to be 57 again!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •