This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini Trip 5/24-5/27

Post Thanks / Like
    Bri is very nice. I had the pleasure of meeting her and Jacki and family for drinks last year. How time flys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I'm passing on the trip report to you Bri. Nice meeting you for drinks! Have fun!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, everyone!

Always a pleasure meeting fellow Aruba lovers!

Recap of today:
    Arrived this afternoon, picked up the car from Wheels 2 Go, then headed to Superfoods. There was some traffic downtown but once you got through the main drag, it was fine. Some construction going on on LG Smith so the lanes are a little out of whack. Superfoods was fine, got a few things then headed over to Eagle Aruba. Check in was smooth. The renovated rooms are nice! The resort is pretty quiet...

Met Ace for a few drinks at La Cabana. Had a good time-great company!

Dinner was at the Chophouse (finally!).

The road closures on Irausquin... UGH. The restaurant was not busy. Food was good, service was GREAT. Had the Keshi Yena and Filet...pretty good. No room for dessert, though. I’ll get that tiramisu next time!
    Last edited by Bri; 05-24-2019 at 10:24 PM.

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey how was chop house? Did you have a steak and what kind? I was still full from that Omelete at Islander Grill I never made it to Matthews. No lunch and an individual pizza for dinner.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It was great, I started with the Keshi Yena and had the 5 oz filet with peppercorn sauce. Pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Hey how was chop house? Did you have a steak and what kind? I was still full from that Omelete at Islander Grill I never made it to Matthews. No lunch and an individual pizza for dinner.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting on the balcony having breakfast...
    day 2 was uneventful, as expected.
    Went to the beach between 8-8:30 got a third row palapa and stayed until shortly after 1. Aside from my palapa neighbors blasting their horrible music on a speaker, it was pretty nice. Lots of little fish swimming around and some seaweed on the bottom (not so nice). There were still some palapas toward the back when I left. I tend to sit towards the Amsterdam side.

Came back to the room for a lunch snack and a few drinks. Took a nap then ready for dinner, which was at Redfish. I get the same thing- fried shrimp...it comes with rice, funchi, plantains and french fries. Thank goodness I eat vegetables at home. After that, decided to take a ride up to palm beach...the left turn at the stop light was blocked off so traffic was backed up. I went up and around, came up by the Mill and was able to access that way. Decided I didn’t feel like hanging around there, I’ll go back today. Back to the resort and grabbed some coconut ice cream at the Peruvian place. Damn, it is GOOD.
    The mosquitos got me. Guess I missed a few spots with bug spray.

At 5 this morning, I had the pleasure of hearing my downstairs neighbors yelling, arguing and carrying on. At first I thought I was dreaming then it just got louder and louder. It was pretty intense.

A few observations:
    Some of the road closures/construction make no sense. Maybe I missed it, but on LG smith, I can’t tell what they’re doing. The roundabout at superfoods...I didn’t find it too bad but to someone new and unfamiliar, I
    could see a problem. The pedestrian crosswalk seems like a sick joke. You couldn’t pay me to walk across that road, especially at night and I’ve seen many people running across at night.

Eagle Aruba:
    I mentioned that it was quiet...even though some rooms are closed off for
    renovations, I don’t think they’re at capacity for the available rooms. From my balcony view, I can see a block of unoccupied rooms that have the doors open. I’m assuming those are being worked on. I think once everything is done, they’ll jack up
    the prices. The pools are nice and the swim up bar looks pretty cool. I would stay here again, for sure.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a little bit of seaweed on our last day at Manchebo. I think that’s the first time in all our trips. It wasn’t enough to keep you from going in the water though.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    People playing loud music at the beach, downstairs neighbor yelling at 5am. Hmmm, reminds me of where i grew up in Brooklyn. LOL. No offense to the Brooklynites!

I noticed the seaweed while I was there and it was a first for me. However, it was at the bottom of the entrance to the beach and not floating on top like people have described in Punta Cana, Mexico or other parts of the DR. Sometimes it gets so bad in Mexico and Dominican republic with the seaweed that you can't even get it in the water. In the Punta Cana I heard that sometimes they have people racking it up on a daily basis.

Glad you tried the ice cream at the Peruvian Place. I wanted to go one more time before I left but got lazy on my last night. I love the peanut butter one with the bits of peanuts. They let you combine 2 different scoops.

Thanks for the report and continue to enjoy...

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyed your reports Bri. Safe flight home!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was essentially the same. I hung out on the beach for quite a while, came back to the room for a snack and to figure out where I wanted to have dinner. I went back to palm beach to do some browsing and a little shopping. Started to lean towards Tango for dinner, the menu looked good, but decided to head down to Tulip instead. It was a late dinner but it was pretty quiet with a few tables occupied. I had the french soup and curry Caribbean shrimp, it was very good. The resorts were dead quiet by the time I got back. Hung out on the balcony and called it a night.

I wish I had more to report but that’s really it. Even though it was a short trip, it was just what I needed this weekend.

When I checked in online for my flight yesterday, they were offering vouchers for people to take later flights on Tuesday and Wednesday...it took everything in me to decline. Oh well.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your trip, Bri. Safe home!

0 0