This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My trip 10/2

Post Thanks / Like
    If I would have known it was going to be this crowded here I could have stayed in NY and dealt with people not following guidelines.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my intent is not to be argumentative.

you just posted about what a wonderful dinner that you had.
    I love that place too!!

you also posted earlier today that at 10 am there were about 50 people at Baby Beach which IMO does not seem all that unreasonable.
    we have been to Baby Beach when there have been many many more people there including 2 school bus loads of kids and their teachers and their swim instructors.

Where are you experiencing crowds that make you regret leaving NY?

The Eagle and Druif beach areas are at less than 40% occupancy.

Many of the local kids are off school this week.

Quote Originally Posted by EDMLS1358 View Post
    If I would have known it was going to be this crowded here I could have stayed in NY and dealt with people not following guidelines.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It would not be as warm or as beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    It would not be as warm or as beautiful.
    Agree with you on 100%,
    it is so nice to take a swim in the calm, clear and warm water of Arashi Beach in the afternoon it take a nice stroll along the beach from Ritz to Riu in the morning. Feel much safer here than on streets of NY.

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll be staying at Surf Club in November (we're owners) and I'm sorry to ask so many questions. Are the bars and restaurants at Surf Club open? Are they doing check-in in all three buildings? Are they renting palapas and are they distanced? Are the pools open?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We'll be staying at Surf Club in November (we're owners) and I'm sorry to ask so many questions. Are the bars and restaurants at Surf Club open? Are they doing check-in in all three buildings? Are they renting palapas and are they distanced? Are the pools open?
    All the restaurants are open check in is at the main building only Palapa are first come first served and the pools are open. The beach is a little close and not very spaces apart but if you don’t care about being right on the water it’s ok
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my intent is not to be argumentative.

you just posted about what a wonderful dinner that you had.
    I love that place too!!

you also posted earlier today that at 10 am there were about 50 people at Baby Beach which IMO does not seem all that unreasonable.
    we have been to Baby Beach when there have been many many more people there including 2 school bus loads of kids and their teachers and their swim instructors.

Where are you experiencing crowds that make you regret leaving NY?

The Eagle and Druif beach areas are at less than 40% occupancy.

Many of the local kids are off school this week.
    What iam complaint about is the people who come here and think the rules don’t apply to them. Living in NY has been a nightmare since March and I
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the mistypes, The resort is too crowded considering what is going on, others are almost empty. It seems that the Surf Club only want heads in beds. Social distance is almost impossible and greatly annoying when people don’t put on their masks when walking around. That’s what I meant by I could have stayed in NY especially since I will now have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I get home
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Agree with you on 100%,
    it is so nice to take a swim in the calm, clear and warm water of Arashi Beach in the afternoon it take a nice stroll along the beach from Ritz to Riu in the morning. Feel much safer here than on streets of NY.
    That’s because there is no one on the streets of NY
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the mistypes, The resort is too crowded considering what is going on, others are almost empty. It seems that the Surf Club only want heads in beds. Social distance is almost impossible and greatly annoying when people don’t put on their masks when walking around. That’s what I meant by I could have stayed in NY especially since I will now have to quarantine for 2 weeks when I get home

Didn't you know prior to going to Aruba you will have to self quarantine when returning?
    As for masks you are mandated to wear them in public places, all "stores" some stores have a limit of how many can go in.
    I will not wear one on the beach, pool or just going for a walk. ( I will social distance and will put one on if I am socializing with others)
    Hopefully you are enjoying the remaining of your vacation
    0 0