This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My trip 8/28 until 9/18…well maybe

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are there. Enjoy!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally settled in. Arrived at aua at 2:32. Scheduled to arrive at 2:59. No gate available so we sat on tarmac until 2:50. We must have missed the rush, or maybe beat it. We got off the plane at 2:59 and were out of the airport by 3:35. We had to show our green check to 3 different people, one of whom scanned it. Rented a car from tropic , that went well. Next stop ling and sons. Temperature taken and hand sanitized. Next to check in at Dutch village which is at divi village. Then to the beach. Went to Alhambra Saturday and Sunday nights. They are extremely diligent about the 9 pm curfew. Started moving people out at 8:45
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday we did our usual thing and dined ap Pizza Bobs and it was so much better than last time we were there so I’m glad we gave them a second chance. We also found out that Bob does not own the restaurant any more….in fact he owned it for a short while then sold it…go figure cos it’s been around longer than we have been coming here. Anyway we spent Sunday by the pool as my hubby needed to recover from the trip a little…being a disabled vet it was hard for him as usual.It rained on and off all day but the pool is close to our room so easy to deal with the weather. Had a barbecue here at the hotel with friends Sunday night…boy can they man cook up a storm..ribs..chicken and sausages with a salad…good company…does midnight at your hotel rate as a curfew…lol.Today the weather improved to hazy sunshine and breakfast at Linda’s Pancakes did not disappoint. Loaded up to go snorkeling at Arashi Beach and there was no palapa or shade to be found and as we all know in Aruba you need a little shade at times. So….forget the snorkeling and headed to Baby Beach on the new 4 lane road…nice road but I think going thru town would have been quicker…but great to use during rush hour I’m sure.
    Ther is a new access road in to Baby Beach….just a short stretch past the old tennis courts..but the beach was really crowded…I suppose it doesn’t help turning up ther at 1pm…lol. So…new plan …Rodgers Beach and it was empty! Just a couple of people and open palapas. Spent a few hours there then back to the room to get ready for dinner at the container yard…which I found out about on this forum thank you very much!
    Totally different experience and what a great idea for whoever set this place up…numerous restaurants to choose from…great service and really good food…we will go back for sure.
    Think hubby actually did too much today so tomorrow I will be doing a little me shopping while he relaxes by the pool.So good to be back in Aruba!
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    You are officially relaxed!! The container yard is on our to go list. Absolutely love the concept and the reviews have been quite good. Glad you are there and enjoying Aruba.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing!

Baby Beach should be a weekday experience b4 10 am in order to get a good spot.
    The weekends are busy with the local residents and their families.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you are at Dutch Village. Is Shirley at the Tiki Bar?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are there and glad you are having a great time. Stay safe and keep us posted!
    0 0