This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: Nov 11-Dec17

  1. #11
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now, you are making me want to make a Gandelmans stop! Both my necklaces are David Yurman and I have had many compliments. Hmm, Tom has been complaining he didn’t know what to get me for Christmas, this just might work!!!

    0 1
     

  2. #12
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy the trip. Thanks for taking us along with you. Boy do I miss Aruba!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    So i forgot to tell you guys that on yesterday’s walk on beach, passing the Marriott there was a palapa yelling match. Some woman was telling this guy those were her towels, she was there earlier, he was saying no you weren’t. We kept walking.

    so last nite went to Terrazza, so good. Went to the arts & crafts at marriott, was not impressed. Gambled a bit at the Stellaris—well first at glitz, lost. Stellaris, lost. Today went to baby beach. Got the end palapa again. Tonight, we just grilled, are making Miami Vice drinks and playing Uno. Tomorrow doing the UTV tour in morning and probably will be just hanging at the pool. Friday the guys are going out on a fishing boat and me and toni are going downtown shopping.

    oh, we took the Watty Vas home from baby beach. What a breeze. My only complaint not with that but do you think Aruba could invest a few more signs around? I mean would it kill them. They rely on tourism and its a crap shoot even with gps and maps.me. But the new Watty Vas is definitely a great investment on their part and makes avoiding downtown great. But again, no signs, just a little street sign after you turn on it.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    So i forgot to tell you guys that on yesterday’s walk on beach, passing the Marriott there was a palapa yelling match. Some woman was telling this guy those were her towels, she was there earlier, he was saying no you weren’t. We kept walking.

    so last nite went to Terrazza, so good. Went to the arts & crafts at marriott, was not impressed. Gambled a bit at the Stellaris—well first at glitz, lost. Stellaris, lost. Today went to baby beach. Got the end palapa again. Tonight, we just grilled, are making Miami Vice drinks and playing Uno. Tomorrow doing the UTV tour in morning and probably will be just hanging at the pool. Friday the guys are going out on a fishing boat and me and toni are going downtown shopping.

    oh, we took the Watty Vas home from baby beach. What a breeze. My only complaint not with that but do you think Aruba could invest a few more signs around? I mean would it kill them. They rely on tourism and its a crap shoot even with gps and maps.me. But the new Watty Vas is definitely a great investment on their part and makes avoiding downtown great. But again, no signs, just a little street sign after you turn on it.
    What did you have at La Terrazza if you don't mind me asking? I just love their eggplant parm and the shrimp risotto. The last time I was there Mima was trying to get me to come back but I rarely go to the same rest twice. She said on Thursday they have live music or a DJ along with the happy hour and that it was a lot of fun. She told me to come and just order pizza and happy hour drinks. Maybe on next trip I will stop bye on a Thursday to check it out..





    0 0
     

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,791
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhhh beach entertainment NOT!

    thank you for sharing your time on Aruba with us.

    [QUOTE=gaby;353133]So i forgot to tell you guys that on yesterday’s walk on beach, passing the Marriott there was a palapa yelling match. Some woman was telling this guy those were her towels, she was there earlier, he was saying no you weren’t. We kept walking.]
    0 0
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    833
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how we love trip reports!!!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0
     

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    What did you have at La Terrazza if you don't mind me asking? I just love their eggplant parm and the shrimp risotto. The last time I was there Mima was trying to get me to come back but I rarely go to the same rest twice. She said on Thursday they have live music or a DJ along with the happy hour and that it was a lot of fun. She told me to come and just order pizza and happy hour drinks. Maybe on next trip I will stop bye on a Thursday to check it out..
    i had chicken with mushroom alfredo sauce over linguine. It was spectacular.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    So today we had so much fun. We did the UTV tour with Around Aruba Tours, which I highly recommend. On the way to the natural pool there was torrential rain pelting us. We were completely drenched. We got to the natural pool and the rain stopped, the sun came out and my denim shorts were so soaked, they wouldn’t stay up, lol. We were not only wet but were as muddy as could be. It was so much fun. But I would never do that without a tour guide. We got back home and everyone threw their clothes in the washer. Eating in tonight and then going to the Ritz for a little gambling.

    on another note, what is DoIt Center’s problem. We went to get a grill brush. No one wants to help you and the check out people are miserable. I said this is the last time we come here. Not to mention they are over-priced. You go in any store in Aruba and you get a pleasant person. That is the only store that is consistently unhelpful and miserable. Never again.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    What fishing boat are the guys using? Can't wait to hear about their day. Hopefully fresh dinner for you all!
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    What fishing boat are the guys using? Can't wait to hear about their day. Hopefully fresh dinner for you all!
    they are using Flyandspinfishingaruba.com. But he said to ask him after they get back to see if it was good, lol.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •