This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 186

Thread: Oh no... more? It's Phrogg's trip number four! - Oct 22 - Nov 3

  1. #171
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry your trip is over and it is time to return to real life.
    I will write a trip report in 4 weeks and I am thinking of just resurrecting yours and plagiarizing...after all we are both Andrea and I can throw in a couple of photos of my husband

    Safe and frustration free travels tomorrow Phrogg and hubs.
    Your experiences made me smile a lot.

    I hope that next year's trip is equally wonderful.





    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Our time here has come to the end. *sad face* Last day was faboo. Went to Linda's for breakfast, went snorkeling at Boca Catalina (much better today!), went to Arashi one last time, swam a bit at the Airbnb pool, watched the sunset at Malmok and went to dinner at Cafe Bingo (AndreaJ - we had the coconut shrimp and rhey were to die for!!). Our Airbnb host had a piece of cake from Superfoods and a card waiting for hubs this morning and the staff at Bingo sang happy birthday to him and had a candle in his cream puffs. Lol. It was a fantastic last day here. We are packed as much as we can pack and will be trying to meet up with some friends from home who are on a cruise that docks here tomorrow morning. We're hoping to have enough time at West Deck with them before we have to turn in the rental car and head to the airport.

    Thanks to everyone that followed our goofy adventures these past two weeks. Until next time...!



    Attachment 10356
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 3
     

  2. #172
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Wendys in Aruba. I think I may be the reason for the notice that you can no longer "walk thru the drive thru" Yep, been there done that many years ago at 12am!!! More times than I care to admit. Then it was the Pizza place/shop at the Hyatt, lol.... now the late night options are limited as are my late nights away.

    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Today ended up being a super fun day! We took our time heading out this morning. Skipped breakfast and everything. I know, the horror!! But, we decided to go to Frenchman's Pass and Spanish Lagoon and saw the Balashi goldmine ruins. It was super cool! I posted some pictures in my Google album. After that, we went to the Wendy's by the new roundabout for lunch. Hubs has been wondering every trip we've taken here why Wendy's is so popular here. We have it at home, of course, but it's never as busy as the ones here. So, we decided to try it out. It's exactly the same as at home but with some local options not available in the US. And that completed our trip to Wendy's. Lol. We came back to the Airbnb and he watched more cricket while I swam a bit. He's a cricket fiend now. What the heck?? I finally made him turn it off and we went for another drive. Ended up by the Moomba area and decided on Nos Clubhuis for happy hour drinks and some appetizers. That was fun! Sat there until after sunset then decided we wanted dessert somewhere. We saw Cafe Bingo on our way back to the Airbnb and decided to stop since we've never been. It was outstanding! I had an espresso martini and then a butterscotch martini, along with the apple cobbler a la mode with cinnamon ice cream. I want to bathe in the crumble that was on that cobbler!! Hubs got another appetizer and then the cream puffs. We decided we liked it so much that we are going to have dinner there tomorrow night. It will be our last night here and also happens to be hubs' birthday tomorrow, so why not?! Lucky duck gets to spend it in Aruba every year! Anyway, was a great day and more than made up for yesterday's weirdness. One more full day and then we start the packing for home tomorrow night. *sigh*
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 11-02-2022 at 10:54 PM.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 2
     

  3. #173
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoyed your trip, photos and wonderful sense of humor. Safe travels.... and keep writing trip reports from home, please!
    A wise man never knows all......only fools know everything!
    0 2
     

  4. #174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    So glad your last day was a big hit! You packed in a lot of wonderful memories during your days in Aruba. It was so fun following you! Safe travels today. Hope all goes smoothly.
    0 2
     

  5. #175
    Senior Member SusieLovesAruba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Our time here has come to the end. *sad face* Last day was faboo. Went to Linda's for breakfast, went snorkeling at Boca Catalina (much better today!), went to Arashi one last time, swam a bit at the Airbnb pool, watched the sunset at Malmok and went to dinner at Cafe Bingo (AndreaJ - we had the coconut shrimp and rhey were to die for!!). Our Airbnb host had a piece of cake from Superfoods and a card waiting for hubs this morning and the staff at Bingo sang happy birthday to him and had a candle in his cream puffs. Lol. It was a fantastic last day here. We are packed as much as we can pack and will be trying to meet up with some friends from home who are on a cruise that docks here tomorrow morning. We're hoping to have enough time at West Deck with them before we have to turn in the rental car and head to the airport.

    Thanks to everyone that followed our goofy adventures these past two weeks. Until next time...!



    Attachment 10356
    Aww, such a great day and evening for you both! I love the candle in the cream puff - looks so cool! Safe travels my friend - I've enjoyed your trip report and pics! Talk to you soon.

  6. #176
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I will write a trip report in 4 weeks and I am thinking of just resurrecting yours and plagiarizing...after all we are both Andrea and I can throw in a couple of photos of my husband
    Feel free to use as much or as little as you would like!
    0 0
     

  7. #177
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are safely back at home, watching all the leaves fall off the trees. *sigh* For our last, last day - we did get to meet up with our friends from Dayton that were on the cruise ship and we had a quick lunch at West Deck. It was kinda funny meeting up with them in Aruba since we only live 20 minutes apart here! We headed to drop off the rental car around 11:45am and Wheels2Go had us at the front door of the airport at noon. I gotta say, the leaving-on-Thursday/first class seats/Global Entry combo was the way to go! We got checked in, dropped off bags, through Aruba customs, picked up our bags, through Global Entry, dropped off our bags, through TSA screening, and upstairs at One Happy Bar in.... wait for it... thirty six minutes. THIRTY SIX!! We were stunned! Of course, that left all the more time for me to quaff as many Balashi as possible before we got on our plane. Six. The answer is six Balashi. Mwah ha ha haaaaa! (said like The Count from Sesame Street). We also got to talk to a lovely woman from Pittsburgh who was at the bar too. She reminded me of pretty much my entire family in Pittsburgh, so it was very pleasant! Our flights were all on time and very uneventful (phew!) and we were home to see our doggo by 10:30pm. Today has been the slow slide back into reality and looking at the credit card usage. Yikes. Someone had a good time in Aruba. I posted some more pictures to my album from yesterday and the day before, as well as a video I took when the plane took off from Aruba because I am weird like that.

    Thanks again to all that followed along on our weirdo adventures. Can't wait to read whoever's report is next!
    0 4
     

  8. #178
    Senior Member SusieLovesAruba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang girl, 36 minutes to get through customs, etc. gotta love that!!! Awesome your travel home was easy breezy! Yes, looking at the credit card bill is reality isn't it? I hate living in reality, ugh! Thanks again for our meet up, let's plan on getting together once you are back into your routine (booooo), I know, I know, I struggled this week terribly, still struggling. I didn't really use any foul language in Aruba, this week, ummm, yes, I've done A LOT! Hard to get back into the daily grind. I'm already thinking of plans for next year

    Thanks for your trip reports, so fun to read, very entertaining and enjoyable, just like you! Thanks for all of the great pics too, awesome to look at. Take care my friend.

  9. #179
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieLovesAruba View Post
    Dang girl, 36 minutes to get through customs, etc. gotta love that!!! Awesome your travel home was easy breezy! Yes, looking at the credit card bill is reality isn't it? I hate living in reality, ugh! Thanks again for our meet up, let's plan on getting together once you are back into your routine (booooo), I know, I know, I struggled this week terribly, still struggling. I didn't really use any foul language in Aruba, this week, ummm, yes, I've done A LOT! Hard to get back into the daily grind. I'm already thinking of plans for next year

    Thanks for your trip reports, so fun to read, very entertaining and enjoyable, just like you! Thanks for all of the great pics too, awesome to look at. Take care my friend.
    We definitely need to meet up soon! I can also feel the cursing coming back. Ha! It did feel good to sleep in my own bed and I do NOT miss the roosters at 3am, but I also do kinda miss them a little bit... just a little though.
    0 1
     

  10. #180
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    your video of taking off...............................look how GREEN the island is?!?!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •