This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh!! I totally forgot to say this!!: we saw that "new" natural pool at wherever it is. That's a big, gigantic, huge, fat NOPE from us!! We saw the "ladder" you're supposed to climb down and get into the pool. OMG NO. I have NO idea why anyone would even want to begin to try that!! Even my husband, who is far more adventurous than me, was like NOPE!! Everyone getting out of it had cuts all over their arms and legs. WHY would anyone wanna try that??? No thank you!!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the rum punch and the sandwiches on Black Pearl. We were on their last cruise out in March when everything shut down. Are the mosquitos out all day or just at night? It might be some other type of bug bite-be careful they don't get infected. You trip sound terrific!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never grow tire of that sunset whenever Ive gone on the Black Pearl. I guess that snorkel trip is doing well during covid because they only accept a few people anyway versus those other large crowd snorkel booze cruises like the pirate ship. Glad you had a great time. Did you save us some grill cheese sandwiches?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Snorkel trip tip: do NOT let those ropes that cordon off the swimming areas brush against you. I managed to do just that at the second snorkel stop and now I have this massive rash across my back and down the back of my left leg. You know, because the oozing mosquito bites weren't itchy enough... *sigh*

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I never grow tire of that sunset whenever Ive gone on the Black Pearl. I guess that snorkel trip is doing well during covid because they only accept a few people anyway versus those other large crowd snorkel booze cruises like the pirate ship. Glad you had a great time. Did you save us some grill cheese sandwiches?

Ummm, unfortunately, being the cow I am (as we all saw in the one picture), I ate em all. ALL of them!! Mwah ha ha ha haaaa! Actually, that should have been "mooooo ha ha ha haaaa!"

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you enjoyed them! Gouda cheese makes for a tasty grill cheese sandwich. I try to bring back some Gouda from duty free when I return home, I give away some and what I have left doesn't last...
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    We did snorkel! I totally forgot to mention all that! We saw three sea turtles and I also fed a whole bunch of fish out of my hand with some bread! Now THAT was cool!! There were fish all around me!! We also saw a couple barracuda, a ton of tangs and a bunch of sergeant majors. We also saw some goat fish and parrot fish.

Tomorrow's goal is those elusive Slippery Monkeys!! I WILL have at least 7 before I leave here!

First one: I'm the cow on the left. Hahaha!! Attachment 8617

Second one is sunset aboard the Black Pearl. Attachment 8618

Third is a rare selfie of me and my husband. Attachment 8619

Fourth is a picture from inside Bushiribana.Attachment 8620
    I have a bull who lives with me!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip-4b42403b-60fc-4d70-ad62-1eb6a89dc842-jpg  

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, how I miss that sunset.

We did snorkel! I totally forgot to mention all that! We saw three sea turtles and I also fed a whole bunch of fish out of my hand with some bread! Now THAT was cool!! There were fish all around me!! We also saw a couple barracuda, a ton of tangs and a bunch of sergeant majors. We also saw some goat fish and parrot fish.

Tomorrow's goal is those elusive Slippery Monkeys!! I WILL have at least 7 before I leave here!

First one: I'm the cow on the left. Hahaha!! Attachment 8617

Second one is sunset aboard the Black Pearl. Attachment 8618

Third is a rare selfie of me and my husband. Attachment 8619

Fourth is a picture from inside Bushiribana.Attachment 8620

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    those rope microscopic creatures are brutal.
    do not use HOT or warm water on them.
    use cold water and baking soda and then some Benadryl ointment.
    a few years ago we brushed up against the ropes at Boca Catalina beach and we were stung.
    it was brutal.
    we were with a gentleman who had been swimming from Catalina cove to Boca Catalina beach and he stopped and we were talking and leaning against the ropes.
    OMG it was horrible.

Phrogg.....anything but hot water!!!
    the creatures are in the family of microscopic jellyfish.

Snorkel trip tip: do NOT let those ropes that cordon off the swimming areas brush against you. I managed to do just that at the second snorkel stop and now I have this massive rash across my back and down the back of my left leg. You know, because the oozing mosquito bites weren't itchy enough... *sigh*
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    At Eagle beach I used to swim out to the rope. I would sat on the rope one time and also go stung really bad! Stay way from those ropes!
    0 1