This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Covid Trip 9/4 - 9/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday rained on and off all day. A couple of good downpours that chased us off the beach and back to our room. We were back and forth all day. Lol. Dinner was at Amuse BBQ in Seaport Marketplace. It was fantastic. Today we requested, and we’re accommodated with, a late checkout. AM is very considerate of their guests and I can’t say enough. Unfortunately we won’t stay again until the fly and smell issue is resolved. The weather has been glorious and hot today. We laid on beach all morning and then walked down to Terazza Italiano for lunch. We had the best Caesar salad and pizza supremo. I also tried the magic mango beer and it was great. Packed up and headed off to Ocean Club around 3. Our room was ready and boy is it gorgeous. They did an amazing job with renovations here since our last stay. Settled our room and headed to Super Food to stock up on essentials. It was packed! We will go to Lings for our next run for staples. We originally had reservations at Atardi tonight with friends from home. But received word during the move that a very close family friend passed away unexpectedly today and I just couldn’t bring myself to a nice dinner while feeling so sad. We ended up waking down to Pelican and just grabbing a couple of fish sandwiches to put something in our stomachs. Back In The room early to mourn our friend. Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day.
    Last edited by kemperato; 09-06-2021 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Typos
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about the loss of you friend. It’s especially difficult to receive that kind of news when you are away from home.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my condolences on the loss of your friend.

thank you for sharing!
    was the smell still lingering at AM yesterday or today?

enjoy the sun and the beach
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Peg and Andrea. It is especially hard to be away, second guessing whether to go home or not. Had a phone convo with friend last night (more like a sister for 40+ years and her dad who passed was like my 2nd dad) and I realize it’s not logical to try to rush home and really not even possible to make the funeral with testing requirement. I will support how ever we can from here and be with them when we get home next week.

Andrea, others seem to not smell the stink. Darrin was very bothered by it including yesterday. He said he would likely not stay in that area again due to it. And I overheard the couple at the palapa behind us complaining about it. My sense of smell has been off since covid so I can’t really tell for myself. I was getting occasional light whiffs of it, not enough for it to be bothersome for me.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy you are back in Aruba.

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your friend.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was another glorious weather day. Full sun and very windy. I’m finding that I can’t handle the sun as well as I used to and choosing to spend more time under the shade of the palapa. Older and wiser I guess ☺️

I secured a 3rd row palapa around 8 am while hubs had a breakfast sandwich from the coffee shop downstairs. I HAD to have my Eduardos açaí bowl so we decided to head that way for our morning walk. All of the beaches seem about 2/3 full. Even Playa Linda had quite a few empty huts at 10 am as we passed back by. We spent the rest of the day on the beach, with several dips in the sea and a couple in the pool. Many brights were had. I love Brights but they sure go down too fast.

Around 5 we decided to head to the room and freshen up. We wanted to try the Vue for drinks and possibly dinner. We arrived shortly before sunset. You can’t actually see the sun because the Holiday Inn is right between the rooftop bar and the horizon. But it’s still a beautiful view nonetheless. I saw a couple things on the dinner menu that interested me but hubs wasn’t feeling it. So we just had drinks and an amazing Buffalo Cauliflower appetizer. The mules were made perfectly and made us buzzy. Lol. We decided to walk over to the Fisherman’s Hut for dinner. This is a newer restaurant on the strip between Playa Linda and Holiday Inn. I had heard great things about their seafood paella and wanted to try it but then I saw lobster in vodka sauce on their menu and knew I had to have it. So glad I did. It was terrific. Hubs enjoyed his grilled mixed plate with curry and garlic sauce as well. Somehow we were talked into a dessert of deep fried Oreos. Can you say oink?! That did us in for the evening as we were now to full to think about anything but waddling our fat arses back to the ocean club.

It looks like it will be another beautiful hot day. The rainy weekend is now a distant memory.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Post Covid Trip 9/4 - 9/13-d6aadfe3-a0ca-4437-ac4f-0a0e663f73eb-jpgPost Covid Trip 9/4 - 9/13-bf07ca28-2306-4d9c-9bd7-83468736c20c-jpgPost Covid Trip 9/4 - 9/13-bf62dd3a-1b90-4a62-9213-0d455f1a3a86-jpg

View from The Vue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Covid Trip 9/4 - 9/13-27e23884-0b7a-4eea-ac4d-92d2b6875461-jpg   Post Covid Trip 9/4 - 9/13-7b5cb388-2d45-4899-b749-be7534df4af9-jpg  
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read the whole thing....................what I saw was "deep fried Oreos"
    Wowzer.

Thanks and great photos from the VUE.

ps. glad that you ate healthy from Eduardos.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Buffalo cauliflower to deep fried Oreos; now that sounds like a fun meal. Glad that the weather is cooperating!

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to pay for palapas at Ocean Club?

0 0