This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Rich's 35th trip to Aruba - Dec. 6-20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Keeping hydrated this trip is going to be more of a challenge than usual. Apparently there isn't a sugar-free Gatorade or Powerade to be found on the island.
    ...from post #39
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Ok so now I am going back looking for the dehydration prediction.

I was kind of beating myself up due to the fact I was in the ocean only 4 times during our past trip. You win!

Bon Pasco to you as well.
    ...from post #39

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Keeping hydrated this trip is going to be more of a challenge than usual. Apparently there isn't a sugar-free Gatorade or Powerade to be found on the island.

Lazy day today with no real plans beyond more of the same ........
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Valet at the airport was a great move. Jon refuses to park at the airport in winter unless we pay a higher price for a garage. To hear him tell it, cleaning the car off at the airport would be worse than not going at all.

I chuckled when you said the ocean was too far. I know where your room was. LOL!! But I also spent time at the pool so I get it.
    Thank you for sharing the experiences, including the care you received. I am sure you are already missing your daily greeting from Rhea at the lobby bar. she is so friendly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I am sure you are already missing your daily greeting from Rhea at the lobby bar. she is so friendly.
    I sure do! She is amazing! She meets someone once and will remember their name year after year. What an amazing skill for someone working at a timeshare resort!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE:

I have been back home for nearly 48 hours, still quarantining and awaiting the result of the covid test I took at Bradley airport upon my arrival.

I don't like the way this test went. They entered my ID and Health Insurance info into a computer and printed a label which they affixed to a test tube. I presented my test tube to the guy who administered the nasal swab test. That's it. They put the test swab into the test tube and send it on its way. I leave with no receipt or acknowledgement of any sort. I would have like to have received an email by now at least acknowledging that I am in the system and awaiting the result. I am waiting for my result completely blind and empty-handed as to the test. Hopefully it arrives soon!

Meanwhile, I spent a second day shoveling and snow blowing.

Being quarantined has allowed me plenty of time to scan the paperwork from my hospital visit and process claims to both my regular health insurance and Allianz trip insurance purchased with my airline ticket. Here's hoping that all goes well.

I still shake my head at a six-hour emergency room visit and prescription drugs upon release costing a whopping $555.

All of the hospital paperwork was English, except for the old-fashioned manilla patient "chart" -- which was in Dutch. I think I might have a little fun later trying to translate it.

While still in an Aruba state-of-mind, I have also made the pre-trip hotel reservation, airport parking, and Aruba car rental for my next trip at the end of March. I am splurging for a mid-sized SUV instead of the economy sub-compact with Thrifty.

Between quarantining and shoveling/snow blowing these past few days, one thing is certain: I am ready to back in Aruba NOW!!!
    Last edited by rpumpire; 12-22-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It really does seem odd that they didn’t give you any means of following up on your test results. I would find that frustrating as well. Hope you hear soon that the results are negative!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    COVID update:

My NEGATIVE test result arrived by email just before 10pm. I have met my quarantine requirement for Massachusetts. Milk and bread run forthcoming immediately. Full grocery shopping tomorrow. I guess I am now fully and officially back home! LOL!

The result arrived in the 48th hour after the test.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved reading your trip report! Glad you made it home safe and sound!
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are so glad you were able to enjoy the island and get home safe! We thoroughly enjoyed the trip report and all the helpful information. Thanks again.
    0 0