This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    not boring!!!

glad you are getting in the steps and pool exercises!!!

I am glad that the dogs have a shady spot to rest.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I first drove past the new hotel I was a bit thrown off because I forgot all about it. It’s massive and I wonder what the beach situation will be for those hotel guests.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    are you talking about the Embassy Suites?

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    When I first drove past the new hotel I was a bit thrown off because I forgot all about it. It’s massive and I wonder what the beach situation will be for those hotel guests.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    are you talking about the Embassy Suites?
    I thought Robin was referring to the St. Regis and Bri the Embassy Suites???

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I thought Robin was referring to the St. Regis and Bri the Embassy Suites???
    Yes, I was talking about the St. Regis, but could not remember the name. I think Bri is talking about the Embassy Suites, which is huge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything happening on the corner lot, across from Screaming Eagle?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Anything happening on the corner lot, across from Screaming Eagle?
    It is fenced off(that's why the dogs are now on the beach). There is a container on the property and some yellow metal pieces. I think they are either part of a crane or used for actual construction of the building. They look like ones being used at the St. Regis(will post pictures of the St. Regis construction later today). They also have a box/boxes in the corner near us that is something electrical. It has large electrical markings on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Yesterday one of the cruise ships left. Then there was a large cargo ship docked where they will bring in third cruise ship. This afternoon there were no ships in at all, then by dinner one cruise ship was back.
    You didn't happen to notice the name, did you? I know when I was there, it was Norweigan Sun and another Norweigan ship whose name I didn't remember. A friend was wondering, as he has made several different NCL cruises.

I am enjoying your "boring" report.
    Last edited by rpumpire; 12-24-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rpumpire;370083]You didn't happen to notice the name, did you? I know when I was there, it was Norweigan Sun and another Norweigan ship whose name I didn't remember. A friend was wondering, as he has made several different NCL cruises.

I am enjoying your "boring" report.[/QUOTE

Thanks. I don't know which ships are here. I can see them from my front door, but just that there are ships there. Next time I head downtown or rather through town I'll take a look and let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very quiet, boring day.

I did my walk to the Rui hotels. I like walking up their driveways because they are on such a steep incline that it works other muscle than just walking. There was a lady just walking up and down the driveways. I may have to give that a try. I did take some picture of the st. Regis, Embassy Suites and the tunnel they are building.

We had planned to go to the pool, but the AC guy was supposed to come, so we just hung out. He never showed even though he was on the property. No surprise. We did have the man who is going to work on replacing all our brackets on the balcony stop by this morning, then one of the guys who works on the property drop by and a little while ago one of Prestige's people stopped in to take a look at our thermostat. We talked and told him to go home to his family. Sadly, he said Christmas Eve is always a late night because a lot of people come in so they have a lot of check ins.

The strange thing that happened today startled both of us. I had just started to cook dinner and hubby was on the sofa when we heard a very loud bang. Stu saw what happened. A large bird, looks kinda like pigeon, flew right into our sliding doors. He left a mess and we were concerned, but Stu had seen him on the balcony and when I walked out he was walking around, looking a little stunned and then flew off. I hope he is okay.

I made dinner and we ate outside like always. Our upstairs neighbor came in today with some of her family and we talked balcony to balcony.
    Last edited by robin; 12-24-2020 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling