This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 332

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

  1. #211
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went for my walk and to the gym for a little bit. After taking care of a few things I joined my hubby at the pool since we wanted to spend time with our friend before I take her to the airport on Monday. We had dinner on balcony like most nights.

    I don't know if you know, but along the side road of Oceania, there is a drainage ditch which goes all the way up to RT. 2. Anyway, we occasionally see kids trying to skateboard in it. Today, a flatbed truck and a car pulled up to it and started building a ramp inside the drainage ditch. The secured a wood frame to the concrete side and filled it with rocks. They even erected a tent over the truck and were cutting wood or metal. It also seemed like they were digging some of the dirt or grass out of the bottom, but I couldn't tell for sure. They were blasting the music and we could not hear each other. I wanted to go say something, but hubby didn't want me to and suggested I tell security, which I did, but it was pointless(which I knew). Finally our friend, who is in her mid 80s yells over to them to turn it down, which they did but not after a few curse words. I know Oceania owns a small strip of land over there, but I don't know if Oceania or the government has control of the drainage ditch. I find it crazy that someone could just build something like that. We are surely going to find out who actually owns the drainage ditch. If it is Oceania, then if something happens, the condo association could be liable. If it is the government, I doubt they want people building something in it.

  2. #212
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    38,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    were the people that were blasting the music there to improve the "skateboard area" ? or were they doing legitimate work?

    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Went for my walk and to the gym for a little bit. After taking care of a few things I joined my hubby at the pool since we wanted to spend time with our friend before I take her to the airport on Monday. We had dinner on balcony like most nights.

    I don't know if you know, but along the side road of Oceania, there is a drainage ditch which goes all the way up to RT. 2. Anyway, we occasionally see kids trying to skateboard in it. Today, a flatbed truck and a car pulled up to it and started building a ramp inside the drainage ditch. The secured a wood frame to the concrete side and filled it with rocks. They even erected a tent over the truck and were cutting wood or metal. It also seemed like they were digging some of the dirt or grass out of the bottom, but I couldn't tell for sure. They were blasting the music and we could not hear each other. I wanted to go say something, but hubby didn't want me to and suggested I tell security, which I did, but it was pointless(which I knew). Finally our friend, who is in her mid 80s yells over to them to turn it down, which they did but not after a few curse words. I know Oceania owns a small strip of land over there, but I don't know if Oceania or the government has control of the drainage ditch. I find it crazy that someone could just build something like that. We are surely going to find out who actually owns the drainage ditch. If it is Oceania, then if something happens, the condo association could be liable. If it is the government, I doubt they want people building something in it.

    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  3. #213
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    were the people that were blasting the music there to improve the "skateboard area" ? or were they doing legitimate work?
    Not totally sure, but probably legitimate work. The flatbed truck was from a moving company.

  4. #214
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    We slept in today. We then went to YOLO for their Pancake Factory, however; they only a do a brunch from 10-6 on Sunday. They had a limited number of pancakes, tapas and pizzas. I had a dutch pancake with coconut, and pineapple with whipped cream and Stu had one with lox and cream cheese and goat cheese. They were smaller than a normal dutch pancake-I don't know if it is their regular size or smaller because of the all you can eat brunch. We each also had a small pizza-mine had cheeses as I didn't want it with salami and onions and Stu had one with mushrooms. Everything was good. BTW, they make dutch, regular pancakes and waffles-you can have any combination. What I mean is if you choose a "farmers" you have the choice of having it as a dutch pancake, regular pancake or waffle.

    We returned to the condo and went to the pool. We didn't see some of our friends. The ramp builders were back and I think their noise chased some people away. I did get a picture of the truck since it belongs to a business and the license plate # of the the other vehicle. After dinner I went out and took pictures of what they have done. I did upload them to the google album. I will have a talk with the property manager to see what can be done if anything. You can see they brought in rocks, used wood, metal, cement, etc.

  5. #215
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    38,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe they are doing repair work to that drain waterway.

    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  6. #216
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe they are doing repair work to that drain waterway.
    No, it's skateboard ramps. look at the pictures.
    They were actually skating a bit once they were done working.

  7. #217
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, I googled WashFixPaint, the name on the truck. You may want to do the same. You and your neighbors are in for a LOT more noise when those ramps are done. I really wonder if this is on the "up and up". Doesn't make any sense to me that the government or a private owner would allow ramps to be built in the middle of a drainage ditch! A potential liability nightmare!
    0 1
     

  8. #218
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Robin, I googled WashFixPaint, the name on the truck. You may want to do the same. You and your neighbors are in for a LOT more noise when those ramps are done. I really wonder if this is on the "up and up". Doesn't make any sense to me that the government or a private owner would allow ramps to be built in the middle of a drainage ditch! A potential liability nightmare!
    Thank-you! I found their Two Extreme page on FB. I surely don't want a BMX and skateboarding where it is at-right by the pool area. I sent the FB link and all the pictures I took to the property manager. I am pretty sure no one is in the office today, but I will try to find him on Tuesday.

  9. #219
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    No, it's skateboard ramps. look at the pictures.
    They were actually skating a bit once they were done working.
    I used to skate a lot when I was a kid, yes we had skateboards way back then. I looked at the pictures and it doesn't look like a skateboard ramp to me. Of course I'm not standing there looking at it. When I was younger we would skate anywhere there was smooth concrete, parking garages, culverts, drainage ditches. If they are indeed building ramps, they need to go to you tube and watch how to build a real ramp, they also have a ton of cleanup to do to get a proper riding surface. I would wait to see what the finished project looks like before sounding too many alarms.

    0 1
     

  10. #220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Robin, I googled WashFixPaint, the name on the truck. You may want to do the same. You and your neighbors are in for a LOT more noise when those ramps are done. I really wonder if this is on the "up and up". Doesn't make any sense to me that the government or a private owner would allow ramps to be built in the middle of a drainage ditch! A potential liability nightmare!
    Liability laws here are "at your own risk"...not at all like USA. In other words, not sure anyone would be liable. That being said, Robin's company will have to work to see if indeed permission was granted to build the ramp. Good Luck Robin.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •