This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

Post Thanks / Like
    The other thought I had on this was perhaps they are building a bridge for pedestrian access across the ditch?

Wow, Walt, you learn something every day. I didn't realize skateboards had been around that long!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I used to skate a lot when I was a kid, yes we had skateboards way back then. I looked at the pictures and it doesn't look like a skateboard ramp to me. Of course I'm not standing there looking at it. When I was younger we would skate anywhere there was smooth concrete, parking garages, culverts, drainage ditches. If they are indeed building ramps, they need to go to you tube and watch how to build a real ramp, they also have a ton of cleanup to do to get a proper riding surface. I would wait to see what the finished project looks like before sounding too many alarms.

Here's their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/twoextremefoundationaruba

Kids have always skateboarded in the ditch, but erecting ramps or whatever is a concern. Once they are there, you can't remove them easily. I think, based on my best guess, is they plan to fill in those rocks with cement. The did pour some cement in one spot but I have no idea what it is for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Back in MY day, we only played with marbles!

Robin, I also doubt that will be for skating. Probably a continuation of that drain thing. Maybe the workers were just goofing around. I hope!
    Here's their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/twoextremefoundationaruba

Post Thanks / Like
    We spoke with our older son and gf for a long time last night which was nice. I wish I was able to talk to my younger son more. His hours 7pm-7am and his days rotate. All I've been able to do is text and all his answers to my questions are "fine".

Anyway, I drug myself out of bed and finally got out to do my walk around 815. I have been trying to stick to this side of the road and walk the side streets and around a few of the complexes because even though I love the walking path, people really don't distance themselves and the large groups walking 3-4 across are just plain rude. I usually don't avoid it totally, but if I can I do. I really don't want to wear a mask while I am walking, so I try to stay away from groups of people. I just didn't feel like going to the gym today.

After my shower and breakfast I hung out working on Ancestry until I had to take my neighbor and her cousin to the airport. Two women, 3 large suitcases, 4 carryons. I went in and got had them come with wheelchairs for both and they got someone to help with the luggage. We said our goodbyes and I left. It was really quiet at the airport.

I would have made it back here in 10 minutes if they wasn't an accident in front of Talk of the Towne. It must have happened right before I got there, because there were 4 vehicles in front of me and the those in the accident were just getting out the cars. Once everyone cleared the cars, we(the other cars) were able to get past the accident. I came back(about 230/300) and played on the computer and read while Stu worked. Dinner was leftovers. It might be dinner tomorrow too since my friend gave us a bunch of food. We sat and watched the large Betico Croes Day traffic leaving the beach. There were lots of motorcycles and police were monitoring things.

Stu came back a few minutes ago form taking out the trash and was talking with security. Sondra told him the motorcycle groups were trying to do tricks and the police were trying to limit where they were doing them and then moved them along because the block traffic. Sondra also told him that the manager of the complex is aware of the construction and called yesterday wanting security to find out who they were, but the builders were gone by that time. They are not permitted to build there. I hope the info I sent to him will be what he needs.

Sondra from security also said someone form the forum or FB stopped in to see us yesterday, but would not give their name. If it is any of you, please let me know. I'd love to meet any of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a skateboarding story. I sadly missed my 1st day of 1st grade. I was skateboarding before school and split my chin wide open after falling...off to the hospital I went, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You guys are hilarious... yeah, skateboarding was a big thing here. We all made our boards in wood shop in high school.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard back from our property manager:

Dear Robin
    Thank you for your information.
    On Sunday I was in Oceania and notice that situation and right away I inform the police and they stop them with that job because they don’t have permit and by the other hand they are building on the part of Oceania land too.
    I will prepare a letter for the Department of Publics Work, DIP the Department of Infrastructure and Planning as well the Police.
    Kind regards

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder who paid for that work to be started? and what made them choose that location, especially since it is part of Oceania's property?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I heard back from our property manager:

Dear Robin
    Thank you for your information.
    On Sunday I was in Oceania and notice that situation and right away I inform the police and they stop them with that job because they don’t have permit and by the other hand they are building on the part of Oceania land too.
    I will prepare a letter for the Department of Publics Work, DIP the Department of Infrastructure and Planning as well the Police.
    Kind regards

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I wonder who paid for that work to be started? and what made them choose that location, especially since it is part of Oceania's property?
    I don't think most people know that Oceania owns a thin, long piece of the lot. It was purchased eons ago to prevent anyone from building too close.

Here is the post Two Extreme Foundation posted on FB on Sunday along with the picture they posted. I did put into a translation program.

MAS BON NOTICIA PA E DEPORTE NAN DI SKATEBOARDING I TAMBE BMX FREESTYLE.

TRABOW NAN TA CONTINUA AKI NA LOKE NOS TA YAMA "DITCH" NA EAGLE BEACH.

DANKI NA E TEAM PA NAN TEMPO I TAMBE MAS CU CLARO PA E DONACION DI RESTO DI E MATERIAL NAN NECESARIO. @Dennis Tromp, @Xerge Anderson, @Roel Gomez, @Naygel Kelly, @Jonathan Colina, @Aldrich Beach.

DANKI NA E SPONSOR NAN:
    Do it Center Aruba
    Vanco Hardware & Building Center
    Atco Concrete Products NV

-NEXT STOP TA BUS HALTE NA PLAYA-

From the translation program:

MORE OF THE GOOD NEWS FOR THE SPORT THAN SKATEBOARDING AND BMX FREESTYLE.
    TUBE TO BE CONTINUOUS TO WHAT WE ARE CALLING "DITCH" IN EAGLE BEACH.
    MANY THANKS TO THE TEAM FOR THEIR TIME AND ALSO MORE THAN CLEAR THAT DONATIONS OF THE REST OF THE MATERIALS YOU NEED. @ Dennis Tromp, @ Jorge Anderson, @ Roel Gomez, @Naygel Kelly, @ Jonathan Colina, @ Aldrich Beach.
    THANKS TO THE SPONSORS WHO:
    Do It Center Aruba Vanco Hardware & Building Center Atco Concrete Products NV
    - NEXT STOP IS HIGH BREAST ON THE BEACH-

Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31-140811607_1287470514954529_6101875163787728504_o-jpg

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I moved 2 postings in this thread to the Airline category

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post

- NEXT STOP IS HIGH BREAST ON THE BEACH-
    Now we're talkin'!

0 0