This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 465

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

  1. #341
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    38,660
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy to read that he got his appointment.
    Since your son is a front line worker (ambulance) why the delay?
    Should he not have been included in the first batch of people vaccinated...........I know nursing home residents and medical front line and paramedics/emts were all first group here in FLA.
    It makes NO sense that he was delayed 2 months.

    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  2. #342
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am so happy to read that he got his appointment.
    Since your son is a front line worker (ambulance) why the delay?
    Should he not have been included in the first batch of people vaccinated...........I know nursing home residents and medical front line and paramedics/emts were all first group here in FLA.
    It makes NO sense that he was delayed 2 months.
    He works in PA and their facility was told they would be given the vaccine in Janunary to administer to their EMT and paramedic, so he did not sign up in NJ. Then they were not given the vaccine, so he had to start the process in NJ and with him working 7pm to 7am with an hour commute each way on a weekly rotating schedule he didn't have a ton of time during the day(because he was sleeping) to just sit on the sites and keep refreshing. He is now 3pm to 3am set days so it was easier for him to get an appointment now.

  3. #343
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Glad you son finally got an appointment. I know 2 people that went to Rowan for their vaccine. They both said it was very well run. Their only complaint was that it took 2 hours each way from where we live. They were just happy to get appointments.
    Thanks. Rowan is only 30 minutes from us. David went there for college both as on campus and as a commuter.

  4. #344
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    38,660
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh now I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    He works in PA and their facility was told they would be given the vaccine in Janunary to administer to their EMT and paramedic, so he did not sign up in NJ. Then they were not given the vaccine, so he had to start the process in NJ and with him working 7pm to 7am with an hour commute each way on a weekly rotating schedule he didn't have a ton of time during the day(because he was sleeping) to just sit on the sites and keep refreshing. He is now 3pm to 3am set days so it was easier for him to get an appointment now.

    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  5. #345
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was so tired last night and was in bed by 10. I slept in a little and went for a walk, followed by laundry and an afternoon at the pool. Pool water was cooler than it been. I guess the cool breezes are make it a little chilly. It was cloudy off and on and very windy. A little bit of sand blasting windy, but I've seen worse. Dinner was at home tonight. Dark clouds are rolling in and the wind is pick up again. My son moved his shot appointment back by 10 days so he can sleep.

  6. #346
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad he is finally getting his vaccine.
    I get it with the hours. Work all night ... sleep all day.
    But now I work all day and still adjusting to sleep at night
    0 0
     

  7. #347
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, my cousin's grandson had his Bar Mitzvah. Because of Covid, no one could attend, so they had a Zoom get together. It lasted about an hour and it was really nice. I felt old-my cousin's son getting gray hair-he's 10 years younger than I am(his dad is 15 years older than I am).

    Stu and slept in like we do every Sunday. We headed to the pool around 10 and spent most the day there. I needed to get in my 10,000 steps today because it was the last day in the month, so every hour or so I'd get up and walk around for 10-20 minutes. It was busier than it has been at the pool which was nice, but I think it was because the wind was brutal today and I think it forced some people off the beach. Just sitting at the pool I had sand stuck in my hair, ears and everywhere. We even had sand on our balcony. Other than the wind, it was a beautiful day! Dinner was leftover and I finished my walk after sunset.

  8. #348
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    5,033
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Yesterday, my cousin's grandson had his Bar Mitzvah. Because of Covid, no one could attend, so they had a Zoom get together. It lasted about an hour and it was really nice. I felt old-my cousin's son getting gray hair-he's 10 years younger than I am(his dad is 15 years older than I am).

    Stu and slept in like we do every Sunday. We headed to the pool around 10 and spent most the day there. I needed to get in my 10,000 steps today because it was the last day in the month, so every hour or so I'd get up and walk around for 10-20 minutes. It was busier than it has been at the pool which was nice, but I think it was because the wind was brutal today and I think it forced some people off the beach. Just sitting at the pool I had sand stuck in my hair, ears and everywhere. We even had sand on our balcony. Other than the wind, it was a beautiful day! Dinner was leftover and I finished my walk after sunset.
    I am so sad for these kids missing their traditional rights of passage.

    It is good to hear things are a little busier, and good for you for sticking to your walking commitment.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1
     

  9. #349
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent part of the morning doing laundry, starting the process of registering with a different sites for the vaccine for when we get home and meet with some friends. After lunch I went grocery shopping and just worked on Ancestry. Went for my walk after dinner and then spent some time working on organizing some stuff.

  10. #350
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did a partial walk this morning because I knew I'd be walking a lot today. I continued on my organizing project of our "take one, leave one" library. I was almost done when I need to get a shower, have lunch and head to Citro for a pedi-I so love getting one. I came back and spent another hour finishing the books. While I was working on them, Stu came in and said there was an issue with our sons book here and a new booking. Someone booked 9 days right before I requested an extension of our son's time here. Stu was too busy to deal with it, so I had to take care of contacting the kids to make sure they didn't book their airfare yet and contacting Prestige. Kids will leave later than their original plans but earlier than their request to extend their stay. Once I was done with all that I just came back up stairs and relaxed until it was time to walk to Asi Es Mi Peru for dinner. Stu had the 1/2 a chicken and I had duck with green rice. Both were very good. I had some coconut ice cream for dessert.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •