This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 467

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

  1. #421
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got up and did my walk. I am avoid the walking path as much as possible with the increased Covid numbers. Around noon, we head to Kamini's for lunch. There was only one table in use when we arrived, but others came in later. They make you wash your hands at an outside sink before you can walk in. Hand sanitizer on tables. They also check and make sure your mask in on and on correctly. We chose a table by the window across from the back door-lots of breezy ventilation. I had the chicken sate with bami and salad(I was too stuffed to eat it) and Stu had the garlic chicken with bami and salad. We also split an order of funchi fries. Everything was excellent. We headed home and I decided to Watty Vos, which probably took a lot longer than going through town because they were down to one lane for a stretch due to work on the median. We got back around 230-300 and just hung out, did some laundry, worked on organizing my saved emails into more specific folders, and did some research on Ancestry. Stu is working tonight. I haven't even had dinner, because I ate so much for lunch. Just going to finish up doing laundry and continue with organizing my computer. I'd like to get it done while here because I plan on getting a new one sometime next month. Only 5 full days left.






    0 1
     

  2. #422
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s hard to believe that you are down to the final days before heading home!

    0 0
     

  3. #423
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lunch sounds DELISH. I really like Kamini’s! Authentic Trinidadian inspired food isn’t easy to come by. Service is great and I like that she comes out to check on ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I got up and did my walk. I am avoid the walking path as much as possible with the increased Covid numbers. Around noon, we head to Kamini's for lunch. There was only one table in use when we arrived, but others came in later. They make you wash your hands at an outside sink before you can walk in. Hand sanitizer on tables. They also check and make sure your mask in on and on correctly. We chose a table by the window across from the back door-lots of breezy ventilation. I had the chicken sate with bami and salad(I was too stuffed to eat it) and Stu had the garlic chicken with bami and salad. We also split an order of funchi fries. Everything was excellent. We headed home and I decided to Watty Vos, which probably took a lot longer than going through town because they were down to one lane for a stretch due to work on the median. We got back around 230-300 and just hung out, did some laundry, worked on organizing my saved emails into more specific folders, and did some research on Ancestry. Stu is working tonight. I haven't even had dinner, because I ate so much for lunch. Just going to finish up doing laundry and continue with organizing my computer. I'd like to get it done while here because I plan on getting a new one sometime next month. Only 5 full days left.


    0 0
     

  4. #424
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It’s hard to believe that you are down to the final days before heading home!
    My posts are so boring. We don't do much.






    0 0
     

  5. #425
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot. We had amazing coconut ice cream at Kamini's too.






    0 0
     

  6. #426
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My posts are so boring. We don't do much.
    I enjoy your posts! It’s nice to hear about the every day stuff. Plus, you always seem to try restaurants we haven’t heard of!

    0 0
     

  7. #427
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    38,887
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I will have to stop at Kaminis on our next trip!!

    it's nice knowing although it is indoors, there is a nice cross breeze flowing.

  8. #428
    Senior Member Kent-ArubaBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robin and Stu, I tried to send you a private message this morning and it said you mailbox is full. I just wanted to let you know that. I was just asking what airline you fly on Wed to go home? I am also going home from a 4 month trip on Wed. I fly AA. Thanks. Aruba Bob
    0 0
     

  9. #429
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    986
    Post Thanks / Like
    We loved your post and will trully miss them. We loved being bored in Aruba. You guys are part of what makes this forum fun. Many lurkers on this site look forward to reading the forum members daily activities. So glad we got to enjoy your million dollar view with you guys.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0
     

  10. #430
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    Robin and Stu, I tried to send you a private message this morning and it said you mailbox is full. I just wanted to let you know that. I was just asking what airline you fly on Wed to go home? I am also going home from a 4 month trip on Wed. I fly AA. Thanks. Aruba Bob

    Thanks. I did not notice how full it was and just cleaned it out.

    We are on AA and are going through Charlotte as our direct flight was cancelled. Are you on the same flight?






    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •