This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small trip report

Post Thanks / Like
    Ike's Bistro at Manchebo has a great Thanksgiving menu and it's outdoor seating (lovely setting). It's posted on their website. Enjoy your last few days and thanks for taking the time to fill us in on your adventures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anja D. View Post
    Thank you. We are enjoying every minute here. Feels like we can finally relax after being cooped up for 18+ months. Did our tests at Palm Beach Plaza (was a ghost town) this morning and already have the negative tests back. The Aruba health app made things easy.
    Cafe 080 was great! I had the Chicken Schnitzel, my son had Flammkuchen and my husband had fish and chips. Everything was super tasty. Curry Ketchup! I am German so that stuff runs in my blood haha. I make it myself (mix Ketchup with Curry powder) back "home" in CA.
    Tonight we will try Blanco Faro. Menu looks great. Still not sure where to go on Thanksgiving. Not that we need a traditional spread but maybe something special since it's our last night.
    Went to Arashi beach today and parked a bit further up to get away from the crowd. Snagged a hut and were able to park right next to it. I think tomorrow we will do Eagle Beach again and spend the whole day. There is a guy renting umbrellas (we have beach chairs) for $25, right behind that little park/playground. We've been there last week and there were no crowds at all.
    Any other restaurant recommendations? TIA.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the recommendations. We decided to do Madame Janette tonight and Barefoot tomorrow. Hope those will be as excellent as they sound! Yesterday and today were action packed. We did the rock formations and re-enacted a photo from 20 (21) years ago. Also went back to Arashi Beach and later had dinner at Faro Blanco. Killer lasagna there. Very traditional Italian rather than American Italian. Smaller portion but was plenty much for me. Great service and ambience too.
    Today we went to the National Park, something we have not done in the past. The caves were amazing and we were treated to a natural fish pedicure, down at the stream from the first, smaller cave. Super funny and ticklish.
    The island is def getting more busy since yesterday. I assume a lot of Thanksgiving travelers from closer states. Eagle Beach (and Arashi yesterday) was more busy and the umbrella guy told us they are expecting more people tomorrow. I am glad we came the week before, it felt almost as we had most parts to ourselves.
    Looking forward to dinner tonight, I read something about a ginormous Schnitzel which sounds way good.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The schnitzel at MJ’s is great. It’s a huge portion, the size of a dinner plate! I hope you’ll post your photos of the re-enactment.

0 0