This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

Post Thanks / Like
    What a cute kitty. Weren’t you tempted to take the little one home?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bochina was terrific for us too.
    I cannot remember what we had but, (maybe pizza) the QR code for the menus were frustrating for my old very farsighted eyes. Even with my glasses I was still holding it way out.
    Cute kitty, I hope he/she had a home and was just there to get secondary meals.

Once at MJs one of the kitties was problematic to all except me. It wound up on my lap sharing my meal.
    Paul was sighing and shaking his head. The other patrons were "revolted."....which of course made me extend the feeding session.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Got up and walked this morning, completed my morning routine. Finished the book I was reading. The photographer who will take new pictures of the condo along with someone from Prestige came by to see the work that would need to be done and the best time of day to do it. I spoke with flpctc for a while via Whatsapp then the phones cut off. After lunch, I worked on doing a few things that need to be done before we leave next week-packing up canned goods, taking out some new decor items I purchased and mostly working on our guestbook, which I will continue working on tonight and tomorrow. Our printer wasn't working last year, so there is a lot to update.

Dinner was at Bochincha. I've been wanting to try it since last year. It is a great concept and the food was great, but they really need to improve how you view the menus. Right now, you use a QR code to access the menus, which is great. However, some of the menus are very difficult to read and we found it frustrating. We shared gouda in egg roll wraps. Stu had a basket of empanadas-3 chicken and 3 beef. I had Pad Thai with chicken. It also comes with prawns, but I don't eat shellfish. The food was good. The Pad Thai was not traditional, but good nonetheless. Next time, we would check out the menu online before we go and make a list of what we want. We also had an unexpected guest who asked to share our food. It was impossible to say no to that face.

Attachment 10002 Attachment 10004
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The other patrons were "revolted."....which of course made me extend the feeding session.
    Love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What a cute kitty. Weren’t you tempted to take the little one home?
    Yes, but it's not going to happen. I can't have one here and I'd miss it too much when I am here and it is home with my son. It was awful when our last cat had to be "put to sleep". I can't watch my family suffer like that again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I went to bed and fell asleep in minutes, but woke up 30 minutes later and was up for a good hour, so I slept in this morning. Redoing our Guestbook is taking forever since I decided to redo the list of restaurants. So much has changed since the last time I did in 2019, plus I am doing it by area rather than ABC order. Worked on that and a few other things till lunch. Headed to the pool for a few hours and read. It was quiet. There were tons of dark clouds just south of us, but we did not get any rain. It was windy. Since they were working on the bathrooms by the pool(new, taller toilets and handicap accessibility improvements), I figured I would just head back up stairs. Showered, read, worked on the computer and laundry. Made dinner. It was interesting because supplies are low and it is the last meal I will cook while we are here, so it was just figuring out what to make with what we had left. Turned out pretty good. The evening will probably be like the rest of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin
    What is this Guest book you speak of?
    I do hope we can meet up before you leave.
    As you know I have been crazy bz here since we closed and got here late Monday.
    I did pick up my car and it's nicer than I thought it would be, considering we bought it online .
    So still bzbz dealing with the whole car registration etc etc stuff. For some reason the Tax building has been closed and reopens Tuesday !

Finally got to the beach, Boca Catalina, for a couple of hours this afternoon. It was a little chilly getting in ...Not That I'm complaining haha
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Hi Robin
    What is this Guest book you speak of?
    I do hope we can meet up before you leave.
    As you know I have been crazy bz here since we closed and got here late Monday.
    I did pick up my car and it's nicer than I thought it would be, considering we bought it online .
    So still bzbz dealing with the whole car registration etc etc stuff. For some reason the Tax building has been closed and reopens Tuesday !

Finally got to the beach, Boca Catalina, for a couple of hours this afternoon. It was a little chilly getting in ...Not That I'm complaining haha
    Our guest book is just info I put together for the guests-a little bit about the condo, the property, restaurants(that is what is taking forever), and a chance for guests to let us know about their vacation.

Which tax office are you talking about? The main MFA building near the airport has been closed for renovations. There is also one in Noord, Paradera, Santa Cruz, Savanenta, and San Nicolas.

I'd love to meet you before we head out if we can find a time that works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin
    So we went to the DTI on Thursday and They told us that all the Tax buildings were closed till Tuesday so we had to wait until then.
    Something about meetings and training? Crazy huh?
    We were sooo lucky to have a nice man help us by squeaking us in to get the inspection next Friday since there were NO appts. for WEEKS!
    Yup, they don't make it easy
    We can whatsapp about a good time for both of us to meet .
    Maybe you can send me pics of the restaurant pages from your book? I read about all the great places on here, but when we are out and about
    I don't know where to go. I know I told you but, we have only spent now, maybe 30 days on the island
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Hi Robin
    So we went to the DTI on Thursday and They told us that all the Tax buildings were closed till Tuesday so we had to wait until then.
    Something about meetings and training? Crazy huh?
    We were sooo lucky to have a nice man help us by squeaking us in to get the inspection next Friday since there were NO appts. for WEEKS!
    Yup, they don't make it easy
    We can whatsapp about a good time for both of us to meet .
    Maybe you can send me pics of the restaurant pages from your book? I read about all the great places on here, but when we are out and about
    I don't know where to go. I know I told you but, we have only spent now, maybe 30 days on the island
    Sounds good. I'll message you later today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday: Slept in, did my morning routine, worked on the Guestbook, some packing of the condo(a little each day). Headed to a very quiet pool around 1030/1100 and read until 430ish with a break for lunch, dips in the pool and to talk to friends. Cleaned up and met a couple by the pool to walk to Screaming Eagle for dinner, where we met up with the other two couples from the group who drove over. All of 8 of us are here for most of the winter, with one of the couples as new owners. Screaming Eagle was much quieter than when we were there in Feb. with my cousin. We had a great time-lots of adult beverages, laughs, and food. I wish they had a round table though, it would have been easier to talk to everyone. Four of walked back and we finally got up stairs about 9:30ish. We are so lucky to have such a nice community.