This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Our new bed is really nice. I’m so glad I requested a low profile box spring otherwise I’d need a ladder to get in it. The car would not start and we had to use our neighbors jump box and we went right to NAPA since it was closer than Honda. I really had a hard time steering. We learned that new cars power steering is electrical-no power steering fluid. Since the battery so low, it effected the power steering.

After getting the battery, we head to Wilhelm's for Dutch pancakes. The traffic light near the high rise area is totally gone. After breakfast was grocery shopping-first SuperFood and then DoIt, then back to the condo to unload. Just as we were ready to head out to go to PriceSmart and Lings, the power went out in the area. Luckily it was localized and short lived. It was back on by the time we got back. Dinner was bread, wind and cheese on the balcony with the sunset. We know once they build the Iberostar, we will lose the sunset at least at this time of year. With the footings in, we can see where the buildings will be. We are still trying to get stuff put away and get organized. Stu decided he did not like the way the decorator placed things and insisted on rearranging things.

Back to getting things done.
    Last edited by robin; 01-22-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you were able to get the car straightened away. That’s one less worry. Now it’s time to take a break and relax!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like you have to do a lot, but you know it will be worth it. I am envious. Have fun
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Our new bed is really nice. I’m so glad I requested a low profile box spring otherwise I’d need a ladder to get in it. The car would not start and we had to use our neighbors jump box and we went right to NAPA since it was closer than Honda. I really had a hard time steering. We learned that new cars power steering is electrical-no power steering fluid. Since the battery so low, it effected the power steering.

After getting the battery, we head to Wilhelm's for Dutch pancakes. The traffic light near the high rise area is totally gone. After breakfast was grocery shopping-first SuperFood and then DoIt, then back to the condo to unload. Just as we were ready to head out to go to PriceSmart and Lings, the power went out in the area. Luckily it was localized and short lived. It was back on by the time we got back. Dinner was bread, wind and cheese on the balcony with the sunset. We know once they build the Iberostar, we will lose the sunset at least at this time of year. With the footings in, we can see where the buildings will be. We are still trying to get stuff put away and get organized. Stu decided he did not like the way the decorator placed things and insisted on rearranging things.

Is this a 100% that Iberostar will be next to Oceania? It sound that local people will lose the part of eagle beach.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to have to deal with the same thing. Our car hasn’t been started for two years. The battery will be toast.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We are going to have to deal with the same thing. Our car hasn’t been started for two years. The battery will be toast.
    We are here to help if needed. We can take you to pick up a new battery. We have been told batteries only last about 3 years here.

Our neighbor had a small jump bo-NexPow that got us started, but it was difficult to drive. We need to pick up one and bring it next time,

Post Thanks / Like
    my Husband just got in the elevator yesterday when the power went out. He saw light coming through below the door and it hadn’t started to go down, so he was able to pry the doors open. If that was me I would’ve been freaking out!!!! Power went out around 3 and was back in app an hour. But our phone and internet was down at Azure until around 6. Took a while for it to reboot.

QUOTE=robin;386127]Our new bed is really nice. I’m so glad I requested a low profile box spring otherwise I’d need a ladder to get in it. The car would not start and we had to use our neighbors jump box and we went right to NAPA since it was closer than Honda. I really had a hard time steering. We learned that new cars power steering is electrical-no power steering fluid. Since the battery so low, it effected the power steering.

Back to getting things done.[/QUOTE]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are here to help if needed. We can take you to pick up a new battery. We have been told batteries only last about 3 years here.

Our neighbor had a small jump bo-NexPow that got us started, but it was difficult to drive. We need to pick up one and bring it next time,
    Thanks you two. We have a battery charger and tools. I'll try to charge it and get it to a store first, tools in hand, so I can install it in the parking lot, if needed. We'll see how it goes.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were tested today at 2:15 ish and already have ourgreen checkmark! (happy dance time) I have all the app info done and Stu will have to do it on his own phone. Test results and qualified to board papers are printed. I will email it all to my phone too. I am almost fully packed-just stuff I need tonight. Our son will drop us off at the hotel near the airport on his way to work(he works 4 miles from the hotel) tomorrow. There is a Ruby Tuesday's in the parking lot, so that is where we will have dinner. It's going to bitter cold on Friday morning when we leave the hotel for the airport-probably about 17F and windy.
    Robin, if you have time and don’t mind my asking, did you have ID NOW test at Walgreens and what was the turn around time for results? Thanks, hoping to get one scheduled as soon as the date I need opens up!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are traveling after Feb 3 and are fully vaccinated you no longer need to test to enter Aruba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julemors View Post
    Robin, if you have time and don’t mind my asking, did you have ID NOW test at Walgreens and what was the turn around time for results? Thanks, hoping to get one scheduled as soon as the date I need opens up!
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0