This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_5032-jpg Watching the cruise ships come in is something I missed last year. It is nice to see them returning. There are two in port today. There are more crew on this ship than passengers and crew on the ship we were on earlier this year.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carnival's Horizon
    Sailing on this voyage at about 45% capacity.

We will be on Carnival Pride in early Feb and that one is at about 40% capacity.

Their protocols are too much for many to be bothered with.
    I am not a lover of cruising, but Paul is and to us the strictness is worth it!

So, today is a day to avoid the downtown?

QUOTE=robin;386293]Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_5032-jpg Watchi

ng the cruise ships come in is something I missed last year. It is nice to see them returning. There are two in port today. There are more crew on this ship than passengers and crew on the ship we were on earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Carnival's Horizon
    Sailing on this voyage at about 45% capacity.

We will be on Carnival Pride in early Feb and that one is at about 40% capacity.

Their protocols are too much for many to be bothered with.
    I am not a lover of cruising, but Paul is and to us the strictness is worth it!

So, today is a day to avoid the downtown?

QUOTE=robin;386293]Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_5032-jpg Watchi

ng the cruise ships come in is something I missed last year. It is nice to see them returning. There are two in port today. There are more crew on this ship than passengers and crew on the ship we were on earlier this year.
    [/QUOTE]

Everything is probably closed downtown today except restaurants-Betico Croes Day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much to report today. I a lot of work in the condo and got everything done that I wanted to get done and a little bit more. We watched the funeral via zoom. Stu's cousin was never close to on time for anything and we used to joke she'd be late for her own funeral and she arrived at for the graveside service about 40 minutes late. It was difficult not to be there, but even if we were home, we probably could not have gone because of the remote location and bad weather. After that I just continued to work on things in the condo. I think we are finally at a place of being organized and all the old bedding has been sorted. Dinner was at home tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Overslept this morning, so instead of finally getting to walk, I took care of a few odds and ends in the condo. We went to Local Store for lunch. We ended up eating inside because they were working outside to expand their seating area. Everything was great as always. The next stop was the bank to get florins to pay our insurance and then to our insurance agent. We were there for awhile just chatting before heading back to the condo around 2:30/3:00. I didn't feel like doing much, so I took care of a few more small things and played games on my computer and drifted off. Dinner was simply pasta with meat sauce along with the sunset. Stu's working tonight and I have a few things I want to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday: Walked, showered, ate and meet with some people then joined Stu and friends at the pool by 1pm. Dinner was leftovers.

Sunday: Stu walked with me this morning. We have been attempting to take money from the ATM for Aruba Bank since Thursday or Friday, but according to Rona, someone damaged their fiber optic cables. Stu's plan was to walk with me as far as LaCabana and then head back, but Aruba Bank ATMs are still not working, so he joined me on my walk to Divi Phoenix because they have CMB ATM and we didn't have a problem. We met friends and sat with them on our way back. Others also came by and we just hung out for a while. The painter texted me and said he is coming on Wednesday morning. We got back to the condo around 1pm and I finally had something to eat. We headed to the pool and we were joined by friends. Stu and I headed to West Deck for dinner. She had the snapper platter and I had the chicken sate app along with the funchi fries(we brought most of the funchi home). Everything was excellent as always. The sunset was really nice tonight.

Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_1804-jpg Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_1805-jpg Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_5039-jpg Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_5041-jpg

While watching the news, we heard fireworks. It took me a few minutes to figure out why they were coming from near Super Foods then I remembered that there is a building that is a club for the Chinese of Aruba(I can't remember the name) and looked it up. Tomorrow is the Chinese New Year. It was long, nice display.
    Last edited by robin; 01-30-2022 at 06:58 PM. Reason: adding info about fireworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the photos Robin. I hope I can get to see these sunsets soon. Saturday, I hope.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't feel well overnight and most of the day but still went for my walk this morning. It was spitting when I left so I decided to stay close. As I was heading back with plans to walk by the construction across the street, it began to pour when I was in front of MVC, which shortened my walk. It was sunny but raining. There was a beautiful rainbow then a second rainbow not as vibrant appeared above it. I headed in because I did not want to walk in wet clothing, showered and went grocery shopping. I was still feeling crappy-shoulder is acting up and my GERD, I just hung out until 230ish when we went out to get the paint. Ended up getting a high gloss for the trim and doors because that is all they had at Sherwin Williams for trim. They were able to use our account from home and it really helped with the cost. Came back and laid down and took more meds. Feeling better now, but did not cook dinner. Another beautiful sunset-sorry no pictures.

Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7-img_1812-jpg

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Continue to feel better!
    GERD is a nightmare.
    I live on Nexium. 2 weeks on, 3 days off.
    My son who has been coughing for 2 years and blamed on allergies...........it is GERD.

Have you looked into the tile class for yourself?

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel better, great photo.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0