This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Susie's Trip Report - 9-13 through 9-23

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to see a fellow Buckeye (we live in Dayton) enjoying Aruba!! Can't wait to hear more!
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great start! Enjoy your trip
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks, going to give an update on our activities - first, the weather has been wonderful! Nice sunny and hot days, thank goodness for the trade winds. Evenings are breezy and cooler., so enjoyable. Yesterday morning, 9-16 my friend Ken decided to climb Hooiberg, he did great, took him 20 minutes. I stayed at the house and was in the pool and chilling. Yesterday late afternoon we drove over to the Natural Bridge - was gorgeous. I've never been to that area and it was magnificent. We stopped at several places and took pics. Today we went to Baby Beach but was way too late to get a palapa and it was crowded already (10:30). Stopped at Rodgers Beach and tried to put up our Neso shade-tent - did not work - way too windy. Walt, you mentioned that previously that the winds would be too strong and you are correct sir. Drove to Seroe Colorado point and took a few pics, so beautiful. From there we drove through the Saventa area and headed to Eagle Beach our favorite. Thank goodness we had our cooler packed with a lot of water and drinks and food. By the time we reached EB it was 12:30 or so and was fortunate to find a palapa, paid for the lounge chairs and off to enjoy the ocean. It wasn't very crowded today and the water was chilly again when you first get in, so refreshing. We stayed there about 3 hours and headed back to the house.

I've been doing some research for my next trip. Wanting to stay at Eagle Beach area and was looking online after we got back at the Oceania Residences. Do any of you know much about those? Robin, is that your and Stu's timeshare? That is my goal for my next trip is to stay at a location spot overlooking Eagle Beach. I find the Oceania Residences gorgeous and would want to find a ocean front with balcony, etc. If anyone has info or suggestions please let me know some details and/or additional info. I was reading on their website various apartments info-location-cost, etc. I'd love to make that happen.

This evening we are grilling baby back ribs, I've had them marinating all day, yum! I'll update tomorrow, not sure what we are going to get into but another beach day for sure. Have a good night folks.
    1 5

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like a great time!!!

continue to enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieLovesAruba View Post
    Hi folks, going to give an update on our activities - first, the weather has been wonderful! Nice sunny and hot days, thank goodness for the trade winds. Evenings are breezy and cooler., so enjoyable. Yesterday morning, 9-16 my friend Ken decided to climb Hooiberg, he did great, took him 20 minutes. I stayed at the house and was in the pool and chilling. Yesterday late afternoon we drove over to the Natural Bridge - was gorgeous. I've never been to that area and it was magnificent. We stopped at several places and took pics. Today we went to Baby Beach but was way too late to get a palapa and it was crowded already (10:30). Stopped at Rodgers Beach and tried to put up our Neso shade-tent - did not work - way too windy. Walt, you mentioned that previously that the winds would be too strong and you are correct sir. Drove to Seroe Colorado point and took a few pics, so beautiful. From there we drove through the Saventa area and headed to Eagle Beach our favorite. Thank goodness we had our cooler packed with a lot of water and drinks and food. By the time we reached EB it was 12:30 or so and was fortunate to find a palapa, paid for the lounge chairs and off to enjoy the ocean. It wasn't very crowded today and the water was chilly again when you first get in, so refreshing. We stayed there about 3 hours and headed back to the house.

I've been doing some research for my next trip. Wanting to stay at Eagle Beach area and was looking online after we got back at the Oceania Residences. Do any of you know much about those? Robin, is that your and Stu's timeshare? That is my goal for my next trip is to stay at a location spot overlooking Eagle Beach. I find the Oceania Residences gorgeous and would want to find a ocean front with balcony, etc. If anyone has info or suggestions please let me know some details and/or additional info. I was reading on their website various apartments info-location-cost, etc. I'd love to make that happen.

This evening we are grilling baby back ribs, I've had them marinating all day, yum! I'll update tomorrow, not sure what we are going to get into but another beach day for sure. Have a good night folks.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieLovesAruba View Post

Robin and Stu own a two bedroom condo there and it is not a timeshare property. It is a great location on Eagle Beach. You could PM her or I'm sure she'll chime in at some point.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Your trip sounds great so far. I am just getting caught up on reading-we had family here for a few weeks and they left today.

Oceania Residences are condos. Most people rent, but not everyone. It is an awesome location. There are several pools, two workout rooms, tennis, squash, racketball, saunas, 24/7 gated community and more. We do have a 2 bedroom which we are in the process of updating-by Jan. we will have all new furniture and it'll be repainted. https://prestigevacationsaruba.com/p...om-condo-p416/ I love our view, but I think we will be losing some with the construction next door. Prestige Vacations has a lot of rentals, as does AirBnB, Homeaway, etc. I would say if you find something on one of the third party sites, like AirBnB and you see the contact is a realtor or management company, go to their site directly because it will cost you less.

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Oceania, I rent through Prestige. Robin mentioned above. It is a beautiful property, friendly security, and across from a lovely stretch of beach. The folks at Prestige are wonderful too.

QUOTE=SusieLovesAruba;381623]Hi folks, going to give an update on our activities - first, the weather has been wonderful! Nice sunny and hot days, thank goodness for the trade winds. Evenings are breezy and cooler., so enjoyable. Yesterday morning, 9-16 my friend Ken decided to climb Hooiberg, he did great, took him 20 minutes. I stayed at the house and was in the pool and chilling. Yesterday late afternoon we drove over to the Natural Bridge - was gorgeous. I've never been to that area and it was magnificent. We stopped at several places and took pics. Today we went to Baby Beach but was way too late to get a palapa and it was crowded already (10:30). Stopped at Rodgers Beach and tried to put up our Neso shade-tent - did not work - way too windy. Walt, you mentioned that previously that the winds would be too strong and you are correct sir. Drove to Seroe Colorado point and took a few pics, so beautiful. From there we drove through the Saventa area and headed to Eagle Beach our favorite. Thank goodness we had our cooler packed with a lot of water and drinks and food. By the time we reached EB it was 12:30 or so and was fortunate to find a palapa, paid for the lounge chairs and off to enjoy the ocean. It wasn't very crowded today and the water was chilly again when you first get in, so refreshing. We stayed there about 3 hours and headed back to the house.

This evening we are grilling baby back ribs, I've had them marinating all day, yum! I'll update tomorrow, not sure what we are going to get into but another beach day for sure. Have a good night folks.[/QUOTE]

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Beach day sounds great. Enjoy your ribs and thanks for posting
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Made it to Baby Beach today, got there early and found a palapa, was a very fun day. We out by the buoys and I glanced over my shoulder and saw a young turtle that had popped his head out of the water then went under again - it was amazing and fun to see. The beach really got crowded again but was fun watching the kids play and have a great time in the ocean. I'll upload a few pics. Chilling this evening, going to grill some chicken wings.
    1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics Susie. Have a fantastic visit. I cannot wait to be in Aruba in February....I hope.
    0 0