This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and a Few Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    I am hoping the numbers will start falling again everywhere. NJ had close to 30,000 a few days ago and now it has dropped some. I hope it continues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to Aruba in Feburary with my family and have no concerns about testing going and coming home. I am fully vaccinated with the booster and I also work at a Level 1 Truma Hospital so I am see what is going on in real time.Most of the people that are coming in and being admitted for Covid are either unvaccinated or vacccinated with underlying medical conditions.It is not nearly as bad as a year ago but still concerning but we will get through it like we did last year. Just follow the proper protocols and everyone will be fine.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I would walk there if I had to, at this point, there's not a hope in Hades that I would board a plane and head there.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 7, 2022...
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just cancelled . Hated doing it. Costa linda didnt charge me the normal 3 night penalty cancelling in the last 30 days . Only a 5% credit card fee. Hey ill take it $140 is way better than $1400 ! Jet blue full refund .. Now we just wait for this to ease. I was supposed to go week 10 , week 40 and 41 . Ill wait to book.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to Aruba 10 times since the start of Covid. I have had some of my BEST trips. At first, the Island was empty. Now, I still feel safer here than the US.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it happens that I am flying to Aruba TOMORROW for a five-night stay. I've been watching the COVID health indicators carefully, and I feel somewhat concerned, especially given the latest announcement from the CDC. That said, I've decided to make the trip, but doing so with great care and caution. I am fully vaccinated (including booster), received a negative COVID test within the last 24 hours, and plan to observe all recommended protocols. It does disturb me to hear that some people are "living their lives as if there's nothing going on." For my part, I'll be avoiding crowds, and will masking up indoors as may be necessary (at the grocery store, for example). So I'm going ahead with my visit to my beloved Aruba, congnizant of the risks involved, and prepared to do what's necessary to make my stay as healthy as possible....and yet knowing that I have no control over the choices other visitors and residents take.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Last Monday we cancelled our trip that was to start Jan. 12. Our reasons included the risk of a positive test only one day out from departure back to the U.S. and not being in a position to miss additional work. Even with a slim chance of that happening (I think) still too much risk to take on at this time. Secondly, the challenge in getting test results back in time in order to travel to Aruba. I live in Texas and the testing lines are LONG and PCR results are taking longer than allowed for uploading for travel...even Walgreens, which is where we planned to go based on earlier recommendations. It's gotten worse since we cancelled. We feel we made an incredibly wise decision. This is our second time to have to cancel. I think next time we won't plan so far in advance. If we can find a place to stay a month out and get flights, we'll likely try that. Planning 6-7 mos. in advance didn't work too well for us this time.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori&BobS View Post
    Last Monday we cancelled our trip that was to start Jan. 12. Our reasons included the risk of a positive test only one day out from departure back to the U.S. and not being in a position to miss additional work. Even with a slim chance of that happening (I think) still too much risk to take on at this time. Secondly, the challenge in getting test results back in time in order to travel to Aruba. I live in Texas and the testing lines are LONG and PCR results are taking longer than allowed for uploading for travel...even Walgreens, which is where we planned to go based on earlier recommendations. It's gotten worse since we cancelled. We feel we made an incredibly wise decision. This is our second time to have to cancel. I think next time we won't plan so far in advance. If we can find a place to stay a month out and get flights, we'll likely try that. Planning 6-7 mos. in advance didn't work too well for us this time.
    Where in TX? There is a great testing facility by Intercontinental airport in Houston that I've used for recent travel with results back same day. You definitely want to be there before they open, but guaranteed results are a plus
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re still on schedule to go, but I’ve said that before. Our friend of ours sent the bride a text today with the announcement of the CDC, moving Aruba to level 4. Our friends our going to Florida for a couple of months next week for the rest of the winter. I told the wife to let her know that the USA is a level 4 and thanks for the update

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joehick View Post
    Great outlook and I agree totally. Live life as if it was your last day. I am a compromised triple vaxed senior, a two tour combat vet and am going to live my life...Will be in Aruba March and am not cancelling.
    I'm with you! Live every day like it's your last day, and every night like it's Friday night!
    0 0