This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracey and Jon - Celebrating a Decade of Fun (Nov 26 - Dec 6)

Post Thanks / Like

Day 1 Thankful for Safe Travels

We left our house around 4am and drove to the airport. I had reserved a spot online ahead of time due to the holiday. Flights were both full, pretty uneventful. American Airlines is strict with their mask policy and we saw the flights attendants remind a few people to pull it up over their nose. They do not allow masks with valves on them and made people change out of those. We were in business/first class and thankfully our flight landed about 15-20 minutes ahead of schedule. When we landed in Miami and gate 10 our next flight was already boarding at gate 50. Jon thought we could walk faster than taking the tram. I think he was wrong but we made it as groups 7 and 8 were lining up. I boarded the plane in a sweaty panic, but was greeted with the smiles of Andrea and Paul and was able to settle in nicely.

I cannot stress this enough, print your paperwork. I had ours in a binder with pockets and it worked well. I think our flight was the only one arriving which made things go pretty quickly. We had time for a stop at duty free and then the bags were out. The only place I felt like people were not respecting social distancing was in the customs line waiting to get outside. We used our bags a physical barrier behind us. We had a great taxi driver and made it to Playa Linda with ease.

I was a little disappointed when we got to our room. There was a musty smell, as though either the balcony door was left open or the room had been closed off for a while. We turned the AC a little lower and it seems to be getting better. The master shower in the Phase 3 building last year was a beautiful walk in. This year we are in Phase 1 and they definitely have not remodeled the showers on this side yet. But the balcony makes it all worth it. I will add some pictures.

Tried to hit our usual first stop at Pelicans Nest Pier bar, but the bar side is only open on weekends right now, disappointing but understandable. We went to the restaurant side and recognized some our favorite waiters so that was nice. We had strawberry daiquiris, ceviche and almond (non)grouper fingers. From there we went to Carlitos to catch some NFL games. My fantasy football QB was on fire! I had Aruba Aribis, Jon had Coronas (no bud lights - tragic for him LOL). When we got there, about 4 tables were in use. When the Cowboys/Washington game came on the place cleared out, we were the only ones there. Not too many people anywhere, the beach, the walking path. You can feel the island is hurting. We were tired and the place was dead so we headed to the PL Beach bar. They have added high top tables to avoid bar seating. No football on there so we came back to the room. We found our game on TV and ordered delivery from Azia. We had Mongolian beef (just okay), an assortment of dumplings, a tuna roll, and the best chicken wings I've had on the island. Our friends from home loved this place and highly recommended it. We loved it. The online ordering and delivery was easy.
    We had a nice relaxing evening in our room and the Washington win made us very happy campers.

Today will be a beach day.

Here is my photo link, I will add to it throughout our visit. https://photos.app.goo.gl/gGZcJXnuM3DJkxvy9
    0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome photos!! That balcony looks amazing.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photos wow does it look quiet! Ive only seen the Playa area like that at 7am and even then it probably had more action. Glad you are there helping the economy out one drink at a time
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice photos.
    Keep enjoying yourselves, you both deserve it
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice photos. Are you in 509? (We own 510 across the hall). Missing it so much. Glad you guys made it and are off to a great start. Enjoy your beach day!

..waaaayyyyy too long since last time in Aruba
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Nice photos. Are you in 509? (We own 510 across the hall). Missing it so much. Glad you guys made it and are off to a great start. Enjoy your beach day!
    We are in 509! You own an amazing unit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tracey. Did you guys rent directly from Playa Linda? Your unit looks beautiful.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is kool that you were able to order from Azia to deliver. I usually don't like to go out my first night as I'm usually beat so I will keep the delivery options in mind.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh View Post
    Hi Tracey. Did you guys rent directly from Playa Linda? Your unit looks beautiful.
    We used the rental board on t9 contact an owner on Playa Linda's website for the 3 nights this week and one of the Facebook groups for our week 48.

Post Thanks / Like

Day 2 Relaxation

We both slept better than we have in weeks. Ahhhh relaxation!!! The stress of the unknowns are over and we made it. Breakfast was a quick bagel and icex coffee from Dunkin. We got a 2nd row palapa at Playa Linda at 8am. On Thanksgiving week, that is unheard of. We had quite a bit of rain in the morning, sometimes just sprinkles, other times a downpour. We never left the beach and stayed pretty dry. The afternoon weather was absolutely perfect. We met some nice people on the beach and learned about the "nipple biting fish" to be on the look out for..LOL. Apparently it is a running theme this week. We enjoyed our day with mojitos, some on the rocks, some frozen. The frozen are similar to the Manchito but not quite as perfect. For lunch we had tuna poke bowls from Eduardos. This will be a recurring theme. They were fresh and a good value for the amount of fish you get. The afternoon was titos and water with orange Mio flavoring.

Later we had chicken wings and ceviche. We are creatures of habit.
    We went up to our balcony just before sunset but it was cloudy, nothing really to see. We listened to music, talked, just relaxed. We stopped in the Hyatt for a quick donation. We weren't feeling it.
    Headed back to the room for more drinks and a game of rummy. Great day for us.