This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracey and Jon - Celebrating a Decade of Fun (Nov 26 - Dec 6)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is great.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    After checking with a few people, we are fairly certain it was the resort. Its before 8am and the Moet is gone...LOL. Its going to be one of those days!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are missing our morning mimosas. That Moet wouldn't have had a chance here.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Day 3 - Recovery and Rest

Well we are not as young as we once were. It turns out Hank Jr was right, and the hangovers hurt more than they used to. We slept in a little and went to breakfast at Chicken and Lobster. Jon had lobster Benedict and I had chicken and waffles. It was good, not something I would rush back to order again.

We met Ricardo from Yes rentals right on time at 11am. We like renting from him. We have a 4x4 Isuzu truck. It is comfortable, great AC, and good tires. I think it is just as good as a jeep, but cheaper to rent for a week. I wasn't quite sure our credit card insurance covers trucks so we took their insurance just in case.

We decided to get some groceries. First we some round about issues. If anyone sees a white truck circling a few times, just wave and don't judge, thats us! Man, what a mess. Midday on Saturday, everyone needs their own cart, we had no list, we were not ready, but we survived. No bud light cans for the beach, but we got bottles for the balcony. Got a few staples, but more than anything, we got out of there. We had the best cart guy helping us, so friendly, that kid is going places. Jon felt it too without me saying anything and doubled our normal tip.
    After grocery shopping we needed a nap. A 2 hour nap..LOL! I didn't realize how little we have been sleeping at home.
    Next we took a drive. We wanted to check out the Surfside Beach area to see if we were interested in a day there. The water was calm, beach was nice flat sand. I'm not sure yet if its for us, but I did convince Jon that Talk of the Town could be a good 1-2 night stay for us sometime.
    From there, Jon suggested Fish House. We are currently boat shopping at home so any chance to be near a marina, he will take it. We had the mahi specials with rice, salad, and plantains. We also had ceviche and coch croquettes. All very good and reasonably priced.
    We made our way back to Playa Linda, just riding around and checking out the sites.
    This is when we were surprised with the gift basket. So nice!!
    We spent the evening in, relaxing on the balcony. Jon suggested beers, I said no thanks...LOL!!! Still in recovery mode!
    We made it an early night.
    Today we are well rested and ready for a beach day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to add that the smell from our room on the first night is gone. I think they must have had things shut off for a while. The guest shower is also nicer than the master which has a tub so we have been using that one more. Someone just offered us their front row spot. All is good here at Playa Linda today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report on Chicken and Lobster. I may check it out for breakfast next trip.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a relaxing beach day!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Anniversary..
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Thanks for the report on Chicken and Lobster. I may check it out for breakfast next trip.
    Check it out, we had breakfast there this morning and it was very good as usual.

0 0