This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip 30 live reporting

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Jay will pick up a cat or some chicks or ducks. :>) Safe travels...

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe flight.
    How Ruby? Bringing home one of Aruban friends might make her happy.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay will be returning as a party of 3 at the end of the week, there will be NO additions to the family this week

Our flight was a breeze today despite getting off the ground 20 or so minutes late. They made up time in the air and we were on the ground prior to 10:45 this morning! We were the ONLY people in our customs line and strolled through in less than a minute. We grabbed our bottles from duty free and grabbed a cab. We were able to throw our stuff in our room while they cleaned it and we headed over to the Ritz for lunch and several drinks. After lunch I grabbed a cab and headed down to superfood. My taxi driver was great and asked if I wanted him to wait and pay the waiting fee. I politely declined and said it would only be 10 or so minutes but I will just grab a cab once done. He responded if it will only take you 10 minutes I will wait for you. So I flew through the store and was standing in line looking for a box to pack up our stuff when Edwin my taxi driver appeared with a box- thanks Edwin!

We are now back at the Boardwalk relaxing on the balcony enjoying a few more drinks before we think about taking a nap as getting up at 2:15 makes a long 1st day. That said being on the beach prior to noon today was terrific!!!!!

More later.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Maybe Jay will pick up a cat or some chicks or ducks. :>) Safe travels...
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-14-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - I am jealous of the 10:45 arrival - we always look for the earliest arrivals but our options are limited.
    Always planning our next trip
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruby is doing well overall. She is a little terror but she is still a puppy. There is ZERO chance I am bringing home an Aruban friend for her.
    Just took one of my best island naps of all time. I am ready and rearing to go. The rest of the family is getting ready for showers as i sip my first drink of the evening. We will be headed over to the Ritz to dine with one of our good friends at the Divi Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Safe flight.
    How Ruby? Bringing home one of Aruban friends might make her happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t to forget to ask about the espresso martini. The caffeine will give you plenty of energy.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    ohhhhh......how I wish I was there!! Looking forward to your trip reports
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Great start so far. I am ready to hear all about the daily adventures.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I will do my best to remember tonight- or at least before we leave, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Don’t to forget to ask about the espresso martini. The caffeine will give you plenty of energy.

Post Thanks / Like
    A quick recap from last night- We went to the Divi bar last night and had another great meal. We hung out at the Ritz most of the night before I tucked the family into bed and returned for a "little" gambling. I made a small donation and was back in the room early. Decent night sleep and up around 7am or so. We have been lounging on the balcony relaxing and playing some cards this morning. I also took a mini walk along the beach today as well. I think its the only time I have walked prior to 8am in the morning and the beach is sooooo quiet and peaceful.

On the walk back I stopped into the surf club to grab some bread. I like having that little store close by for needed items. I went shopping yesterday but forgot bread. We will do our breakfast in the room today and head to the beach on the earlier side.

Tonight is going to be a blast. There are 6 of us going to Nos Clubhuis for dinner and to celebrate 3 birthdays. I am not sure I will make it to Superfood to grab a cake but I will at least grab the bill