This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trip 30 live reporting

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about he lack of postings over the last 48 hours but I was trying to enjoy every last second on the island prior to heading home tomorrow morning. Today was another classic Aruba vacation day. Perfect weather, great food, and lots of relaxing! We started the day as we always do and that is on the beach over at the Ritz. We played some football and relaxed for a bit. We then did what we did almost every day this trip and that is sit at the Madero bar and enjoy lunch/drinks and some quality Futbol/soccer! As many of you know I am the varsity soccer coach in our town and our son is a soccer junkie....we spent almost every day from 12-2pm watching games and enjoying ourselves while sitting at the Madero bar. We adore EVERYONE at the Madero bar and it always felt like being home while watching the games- actually way better, lol. Our meals at Madero were always excellent. I am pretty particular with my lunch because I enjoy it so much. My standard lunch besides one day was the Madero club with no avacodo spread and many bacardi drinks, lol. My wife was much more flexible with her choices, and our son CJ changed between burgers and chicken....it was perfect!

Tonight we finished like we always do and that was at the Divi Bar. We had another great meal and even better service. Jenssen is amazing and one of our good friends at this point...we will miss him! My son was so sad to leave the Ritz today, he actually teared up several times saying goodbye to our many friends. At one point he looked at my wife and myself and said why do we ever leave this wonderful place....can't we just by a property and never leave our best friends? I don't know how to describe it but my son and I are 100% alike and would rather be here than home...this is like home for us.

One of our good friends said something today that made me really smile and that was how much he is enjoying watching CJ growing up and becoming a young man! It was so thoughtful and sweet it actually brought a tear to my eye and I am not overly emotional. The people at the Ritz Carlton are just so amazing and have become family to us. I don't post half of what happens over there as its just nuts how amazing they look after each one of us.

I will miss Aruba and most of all I will miss our friends until we return again. The ladies and Gents at the Ritz are not employees...they are some of the best friends we have in this world! We spent 3 nights out with them this trip and I will be honest, I won't spend more than one night out with our "friends" at home before we come back again at the end of June. There is something magical about Aruba and it makes me and my family happy beyond belief. My next posting will probably be from the airport...sadly we have our alarm set for 6:30am.

Bon Noche my friends!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to say something that is really not aruba related and might make you embarrassed.
    You and your bride are raising a wonderful young man.
    You give CJ the gift of travel.
    He is not only loved and well cared for...but you have enveloped this kid with "worldliness".
    He has been to aruba, a foreign country.
    He has played with and dined with folks of mixed races and mixed cultures on foreign soil.
    That in itself is HUGE. Seriously HUGE.
    So although you and Tracey have time for yourselves on the island, you always put CJ 1st.

In this day we see lots of families who do not travel (for many reasons including financial).

So Jay, thank you and your bride for doing your best with your son.

Someday, he will do the same for his child/ren.

PS
    Safe travels tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels, you will be back on the island before you know it!!!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe flight today Jay! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thank you so much for the kind words! CJ is a kind, thoughtful young man who makes us prouder of him each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am going to say something that is really not aruba related and might make you embarrassed.
    You and your bride are raising a wonderful young man.
    You give CJ the gift of travel.
    He is not only loved and well cared for...but you have enveloped this kid with "worldliness".
    He has been to aruba, a foreign country.
    He has played with and dined with folks of mixed races and mixed cultures on foreign soil.
    That in itself is HUGE. Seriously HUGE.
    So although you and Tracey have time for yourselves on the island, you always put CJ 1st.

In this day we see lots of families who do not travel (for many reasons including financial).

So Jay, thank you and your bride for doing your best with your son.

Someday, he will do the same for his child/ren.

PS
    Safe travels tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of things as we sit in the lounge waiting for our already delayed flight, lol. If anyone is looking for a dependable GREAT gentleman to be your safe ride around the island please send me a message and I will pass along Edwins info. He has given us 3 rides this trip and will be our ride in the future as well. I called him last night to see if I could arrange a ride for 8am this morning to bring us to the airport. Edwin was there by 7:45 waiting for us which was great.

Getting up and out of the hotel early today to grab some breakfast at starbucks I saw something I never see and that is how many people are out and about walking, jogging and biking at 7am. Speaking of Starbucks they open at 6am and stay open till 2am each day. I use to enjoy breakfast sandwiches at the Marriott before they became a starbucks but really did not like it the last time I had them- today it hit the spot.

There are a lot of miserable people at the airport today heading to Boston as some of them were here ALL day long before the flight was canceled because the pilots needed rest time before flying again. My friend however was thrilled because she spent the entire day at the beach and only came at 5pm last night and waited 3 hours before being bused to the Hyatt with a $170 food voucher. Jetblue canceled or delayed many flights out of Boston yesterday because of the weather. NO flights went in or out of Providence yesterday and the flights were diverted to Charlotte.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-21-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us Jay. This was your second trip this year right? We who travel to Aruba at least once per year are fortunate and like Andrea so glad your son can enjoy and for future years to come.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto to what Andrea said about CJ.

I've have loved your trip report. I hope your flight home is safe and uneventful.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much. This was our second of the year and thankfully have one more planned for this summer. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel to Aruba as often as we do and we are very grateful that we are able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us Jay. This was your second trip this year right? We who travel to Aruba at least once per year are fortunate and like Andrea so glad your son can enjoy and for future years to come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our trip home was very smooth. Despite saying our flight was going to be delayed by one hour at 7:30 this morning they sent another message at 10am that our flight is now back on time! I am glad we still went to the airport when we did as it changed back and I never in a million years would expect that to happen. It only took 31 minutes from the moment we walked into the airport till we were sitting in the lounge.

Getting back to the house tonight at 6pm kinda made up for getting up early to catch our 11:45 flight. That said I don't see us booking that early return very often, I prefer the 2pm flight. The flight was very smooth and I watched one of my favorite movies- Shawshank Redemption which I have not seen in many many years.

Sad to be back but glad to get our dogs tomorrow- I am sure it was long week for the puppy.