This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip 31 live report 6/29-7/13

Post Thanks / Like
    We are relaxing on the balcony enjoying a drink as my son is 100 percent passed out from todays camp experience. We got to Dakota Stadium a bit early...like really early, lol but it was good to relax and CJ ready to go. There we a total of about 95 kids aged 5-11 at the morning session. They divided the groups into age groups and had kids training with their own age group. I will have to say despite getting going a few minutes late (island time) it was just a great day 1 experience for CJ.

Dakota Stadium is just outside of downtown and an easy ride in our Taxi- Thanks Erwin. Its funny taking my son to a foreign soccer camp. Despite that we knew several people, lol. We saw Louis who works over at the Ritz with his son....we also saw one of the spouses of the Boardwalk with their son as well...never mind our cab driver from the other day and her son. So CJ was the second kid there...we waited and the group grew and grew until roughly 90 kids arrived.

CJ was nervous at first....and that made me nervous. I extended our trip by almost a week for a once in a lifetime chance to do something most American kids never get the chance to do but he settled in great! 100 percent of the instruction is in either Papimento or Dutch but he is figuring it out. At break I asked him how it was going and his response was amazing I don't want to leave yet. My response was good as you have another 4.5 days of it, lol.

CJ has made a couple of new friends and that is really special to see. Soccer is an international game and can be enjoyed by folks that don't all speak the same language...that said he was able to communicate with all the kids in English which was nice.

After doing camp we headed home got changed and headed to the Ritz Madero bar for lunch. Lunch was perfect as always but CJ was falling asleep in his chair. We brought him back to the room and he has been passed out for 2 hours. Our son gave up napping years ago but playing 3 hours of soccer in 95 degrees will wear you out. I am tired just watching....

I ordered some pizza and salad from the LaVista for dinner tonight as I think we may just stay over at the Boardwalk and swim and relax. Next year if we do the soccer camp again I will certainly drive as the road situation has cleared up a lot....it was a total mess in April and as recently as a month ago it was similar but they have finished many of the round a bouts.

I was going to nap but now I think I will just have another drink and relax

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that CJ loves this special opportunity! You have a great son and he has awesome parents. Thank-you so much for your posts-they have really helped me get through a very stressful time.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Robin! I hope all is well and if we could ever help please let us know. We missed seeing you this trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great first day for CJ. I was happy to hear all went well as I knew it would. Keep the reports coming.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, thanks. It is legal issue with an organization in which I am involved. Everyone in my family is fine. Your reports help me a lot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks Robin! I hope all is well and if we could ever help please let us know. We missed seeing you this trip!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Go CJ!! What a great experience. I’m pretty sure he’ll want to do it again next year!

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was a great day at the camp. He was a bit nervous to start but fit right in with the other kids and made some new friends already. Sadly this morning he had an upset tummy when we got up at 7am for camp. We decided to let him rest today and he will be back at it tomorrow morning. He is feeling better already but it was a smart decision to let him stay home.

Today we will relax around the beach. My wife heads home tomorrow morning so it will just be the two of us left for the rest of the trip. Last night we ate pizza in the from the Marriott and relaxed. I was beat and went to sleep with everyone else so gambling wins or losses, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope CJ is feeling better.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s not looking good, lol. I am not sure the summer camp was a great choice in hindsight. It was 95 degrees yesterday so iI am guessing it was 120 degrees plus on the turf. If he is ready for tomorrow we will give it a go but I am doubtful he will rally. Assuming he does but has similar issues on Thursday or tomorrow after the camp we will relax our last few days with no soccer. Thanks!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 07-09-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is he dehydrated? Maybe some electrolytes will help?

0 0