This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip 31 live report 6/29-7/13

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he is....we have been pushing gator-aide all day long, thanks! He seemed much better after dinner after getting in 3 full bottles...I will make a judgement in the morning what is best. That said, I don't think he can handle 3 more days of camp in this heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Is he dehydrated? Maybe some electrolytes will help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was the definition of a small world, lol. So we had a great dinner at the Divi bar and had dinner and drinks with our great friend Sebastian at the Divi lounge. After dinner I am heading back to the Boardwalk and I stopped and chatted with Andy and Dennis a couple of the wonderful door men over at the Ritz. After "assisting my friends" opening the door for several people I spoke with Lynn -Hope my mind is working on the name/spelling as she was beyond nice! So any how....

Dennis and I open the doors for a nice couple and I had the chance to talk with Lynn. She said needed a taxi as she was off to LaCabana....she then said she loves to gamble at the Ritz but stays off site....I responded me to. She asked where I was staying and I said across the street....she then asked are you Jay by chance? Wow, small world! She then asked about CJ and said she follows my postings on TA- Lynn it was great to meet you and I hope you have a great rest of your trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The world is a small place and these types of chance encounters just prove it. We never fail to “bump into” someone we know or meet someone who knows friends of ours from home, when we are in Aruba. Usually happens in the Lazy River at the Surf club but could be anywhere. I’ve never “played” doorman so that is a new place for a chance encounter.
    We’re off to Aruba for our 10th trip this Sunday (we have a long way to go to catch up to your 31st trip). I will do a trip report here during our visit and hope that it is helpful for those who are wwiting patiently for their upcoming trips, living vicariously through those of us “on the ground” there.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping CJ feels better. Playing soccer in the heat of Aruba is probably not agreeing with him. I am sure you will use your best judgement as to whether he continues with the camp. You both take care.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    You’re famous!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure that the heat is really getting to CJ
    Here is hoping that today goes well.

How are things going at the Boardwalk ?
    Any photos of the renovations that you'd like to share?

Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope CJ is feeling better today. Maybe he could handle half days(mornings when it is cooler) at the camp rather than the full day.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was an excellent camp day. CJ woke up really better but was sad at first because mom was going home....after that initial moment when we left and he knew mommy would be gone when we returned he was fine. He did excellent in camp today. He really did a good job pushing his fluids last night after we left camp until he went to bed last night. Today at camp he actually drank water like he was suppose to. They changed it up and went at a little slower pace so that certainly helped.

After camp we headed back to change and have our regular lunch at the Ritz. CJ tried my madero club today and sadly I may never get another whole one on my own as he chowed half my lunch. We will do an early dinner tonight over at the Divi bar and tuck in early. It will be the 4th or 5th night I have done no gambling this trip and that is fine with me...it keeps the losses to a minimum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea things are moving quickly over at the Boardwalk. The just opened up their new lobby the other day. Its still very busy over here....much busier than our previous trips but they are trying to finish. I did take some photos I just need to remember how to upload them.

Robin, thanks for the idea. We talked about leaving early today depending how he felt. The camp goes from 9-12. They are active for about hours of that time. The arubian kids don't seem to be bothered as much by the heat. One of the gentleman (Louis) who works at the Ritz has his son in camp as well.....his son is American like CJ and he too had to stay home yesterday because he could not handle the back to back days of the heat. I will reevaluate how is looks tonight and then make the call for the morning. His goal is to drink 2 more gatoraides as I sip my bacardi and cokes

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am sure that the heat is really getting to CJ
    Here is hoping that today goes well.

How are things going at the Boardwalk ?
    Any photos of the renovations that you'd like to share?

Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was just a blast! After camp today and Ritz kids this afternoon we headed back for a bit of pasta at casa nonna. We loved our meal as always and headed back to our room. CJ is in bed and I am ready as well. Today was one of my favorite/special days on the island. To see how he interacted with so many of his peers made me beam with pride! Off to bed the earliest ever in my 31 trips with a big smile. Until tomorrow- chow.