This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Trip 31 live report 6/29-7/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us Jay. Hope you have smooth flight home.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's hoping that Jay is not so busy with soccer training camp (at home) that he gets a chance to post a follow up!

Post Thanks / Like
    He’s probably going through Aruba withdrawals. I hope he isn’t suffering!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Here's hoping that Jay is not so busy with soccer training camp (at home) that he gets a chance to post a follow up!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure he is getting prepped for Soccer (he coaches a high school team) so in just a couple of weeks they begin summer training.

I bet CJ is all rested and recovered!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a very brief follow-up. Despite being on Aruba for 2 weeks all Aruba trips are to short for me, lol. This trip was a mixture of relaxation and letting my son experience soccer in Aruba. The kids in Aruba are soccer players....there skill level as a general whole was above CJ but he battled and showed himself fine. That said the technical abilities of the Aruba players was far superior to the average American kid the same age IMO based on my years of coaching youth-HS. My son is a top 3 player out of 45 kids that are his age in town and in Aruba was probably the 7th best of his grouping.....and not really close to the top couple players. Most of the kids that were at this camp also train/play year round with the Aruba Soccer Academy which is who put on the camp. Speaking of the camp...I am so impressed with their organization of 90 kids daily, impressive and something I can appreciate as a teacher and coach.

Being in Aruba with Tracy and having CJ was very odd for the first hour or so then we all figured it out quickly. Its one of those things you prepare for but when it happens you wonder if you made the right call....and we did in the end. CJ had an incredible camp experience and to see him grow as a person this past week was something I wont forget.

This trip was different than my regular late night affairs...I was home by 1220 daily and most nights by 11pm if I actually went out at all. Our trips are changing and evolving. We have so many friends we really just enjoy relaxing and spending time with them. Sadly we dont have another trip booked and dont know when we will return- be we cant complain for sure.

On another note. Its the Ferrari OR 300,000 cash! Dont ask me about the taxes I would be willing to pay half, lol. I heard this from many so I believe its true.
    For
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take the cash!

glad to hear from you, thanks for posting.
    enjoy the rest of your Summer vacation!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. Glad yous had a great trip and I’m sure CJ will look back on this trip
    and remember it as something special. You’ll be back before you know it!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely take the cash; that is if you could bring it back to the US!

Glad CJ has a good soccer camp experience. Enjoy the rest of your summer and thanks for sharing your trip.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay, take that 300K and open a bank account in Aruba. It will cover your vacation/gambling for a whole lot of trips to come. Did CJ get a special shirt or jersey for participating in the camp? I'm sure he'll love showing that to his buds. Thanks again for sharing your trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cash hands down.

0 0