This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip 36 report June/July 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you and the family are having a good time. Not much gambling this week, or just better left unsaid?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only been once so far this trip....decided to stay in with the family last night again. Last night we dined at La Vista....it was okay but not great. After dinner we went over to the Ritz for a few drinks then back to relax- pretty boring but relaxing night. Looks like I missed another early morning rain storm.
    Speaking of rain they must have had a lot of it recently....the water levels in some of the spots that collect water are MUCH larger than I have ever noticed before.

Not sure what is on the agenda today but I am guessing another relaxing beach day is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Glad you and the family are having a good time. Not much gambling this week, or just better left unsaid?
    Just finished trip 36 and have trip 37 Booked.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished our prep for the storm. We have enough food and alcohol to ride it out for several days if needed. I am not very worried but one of the ladies who works the front desk at the Boardwalk appears VERY nervous for sure! Off to the pool to relax.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a flashlight? Last July we experienced an island wide power outage. The flashlight helped a lot.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The Boardwalk is providing everyone flashlights, fresh water, and an umbrella to ride out the storm. They suggested 2 days of food to be on the safe side. They will be putting away all chairs, tables grills etc....so nothing can become a projectile weapon with the expected winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    Do you have a flashlight? Last July we experienced an island wide power outage. The flashlight helped a lot.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    what is 12+ and the new rule???

QUOTE=Aruba4ever;391947]Back on the balcony enjoying leftover spaghetti and meatballs from Casa Nonna- yum!!!! Today has been a super lazy day. CJ said he wanted to relax around our place today for a "rest day" and we are just fine with that. We spent about 4 hours lounging around on of the boardwalk pools- so relaxing! I am thinking about a nap...but time will tell.

I think tonight we will venture over to LaVista at the Marriott for dinner. Their pizza and salad sounds good right now. Not sure it will happen but its a solid maybe, lol. The only plans we actually have currently is to see Andrea and hubby on Weds- other than that we are just relaxing. Trying to schedule a day we take CJ to the go-carts and then out to dinner with one of our island friends. Funny how much of entire vacation revolves around where we are going with who...and where we are dining each night always with a friend if working. We love supporting the people we care about so we do what we can to make it work and enjoy every second of it.

We had the pleasure of chatting with the owners of the Boardwalk today around the tranquil pool. They have done such and amazing job with this property its crazy. We learned that as of 2023 they will be going 12+ for visitors. That said any previous visitor or anyone with a reservation will be exempt from the new rule. They also talked about possibly opening a "familly" location with a similar design....love the changes they are considering or have put into effect.

We are considering booking Xmas/NYE here this year...time will tell.[/QUOTE]
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ages allowed to stay at Boardwalk..............age 12 and older

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    what is 12+ and the new rule???

QUOTE=Aruba4ever;391947]Back on the balcony enjoying leftover spaghetti and meatballs from Casa Nonna- yum!!!! Today has been a super lazy day. CJ said he wanted to relax around our place today for a "rest day" and we are just fine with that. We spent about 4 hours lounging around on of the boardwalk pools- so relaxing! I am thinking about a nap...but time will tell.

I think tonight we will venture over to LaVista at the Marriott for dinner. Their pizza and salad sounds good right now. Not sure it will happen but its a solid maybe, lol. The only plans we actually have currently is to see Andrea and hubby on Weds- other than that we are just relaxing. Trying to schedule a day we take CJ to the go-carts and then out to dinner with one of our island friends. Funny how much of entire vacation revolves around where we are going with who...and where we are dining each night always with a friend if working. We love supporting the people we care about so we do what we can to make it work and enjoy every second of it.

We had the pleasure of chatting with the owners of the Boardwalk today around the tranquil pool. They have done such and amazing job with this property its crazy. We learned that as of 2023 they will be going 12+ for visitors. That said any previous visitor or anyone with a reservation will be exempt from the new rule. They also talked about possibly opening a "familly" location with a similar design....love the changes they are considering or have put into effect.

We are considering booking Xmas/NYE here this year...time will tell.
    [/QUOTE]
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Heading out to gamble a bit....such an incredible night/experience!!!! Will update later tonight or in the AM. Just amazing!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy for you that you are enjoying every moment. Hope you won!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Heading out to gamble a bit....such an incredible night/experience!!!! Will update later tonight or in the AM. Just amazing!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was just a great day. Combo of beach and dinner was perfect. We decided to venture over to the Ritz (surprise) and dine at BLT. As we were heading in the front door we are greeted by BIG Andy. We call him big Andy because well, he towers over me and I am 6'1 220 lbs, lol. He says hold on for a second Ive got something for you. He comes back with a Dakota Soccer shirt for CJ and says this is for you and you will be the only one in America with this shirt. Dakota just won the Aruba soccer championship and the top team on the island. The fact that he was thinking about CJ while celebrating the championship was beyond thoughtful!!!

So after dinner and some drinks- dinner was great the steak was amazing!!! We started walking back to our room when we see our bestfriend on the island driving along...he pulled over and we chatted that was awesome to see him!

I went out to gamble last night and only lost about 50 or so....and stayed out till about 1230 before deciding I had enough. Woke up to some rain already. Oh well.

0 4