This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 98

Thread: Trip 37 starting tomorrow

  1. #71
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight we headed over to the Ritz. We had burgers, spaghetti, chicken wings, goyza and salad and all was great. After dinner T and I went to the casino as the boys relaxed in the lobby. We only played for 45 min or so but managed to win $120 and left. We are back at the condo and the boys are playing on their phones. We are going to enjoy a drink on our balcony as the Oak did not work out like we hoped.

    When we got home the Oak restaurant smelled amazing so we said lets go for a drink. We walked in and sadly walked out as quickly as we entered. There was only 1 seat at the bar that was taken. The restaurant was full (good for them) with some spots outside in the "parking lot" It was hotter than you can imagine so we quickly passed. As good as it smelled Oak is off our list.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 0
     

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Tonight we headed over to the Ritz. We had burgers, spaghetti, chicken wings, goyza and salad and all was great. After dinner T and I went to the casino as the boys relaxed in the lobby. We only played for 45 min or so but managed to win $120 and left. We are back at the condo and the boys are playing on their phones. We are going to enjoy a drink on our balcony as the Oak did not work out like we hoped.

    When we got home the Oak restaurant smelled amazing so we said lets go for a drink. We walked in and sadly walked out as quickly as we entered. There was only 1 seat at the bar that was taken. The restaurant was full (good for them) with some spots outside in the "parking lot" It was hotter than you can imagine so we quickly passed. As good as it smelled Oak is off our list.
    Off our list too. We went last September and they sat us in parking lot with no lighting! We could not see the food. It was strange. And the steak dish they are know for was just ok. Don’t understand the hype. And I love Ricardo from when he worked at Rumba, Matthew’s and Ricardos. Wish him well but not for us either.
    0 0
     

  3. #73
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, am I really understanding this correctly? When they're full inside, they are literally sitting people at tables in the parking lot? That's just plain tacky and so disrespectful to customers. I'd walk away without even a thought...

    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    Off our list too. We went last September and they sat us in parking lot with no lighting! We could not see the food. It was strange. And the steak dish they are know for was just ok. Don’t understand the hype. And I love Ricardo from when he worked at Rumba, Matthew’s and Ricardos. Wish him well but not for us either.
    0 1
     

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Wait, am I really understanding this correctly? When they're full inside, they are literally sitting people at tables in the parking lot? That's just plain tacky and so disrespectful to customers. I'd walk away without even a thought...
    I’d say a decorated parking lot but where the tables are you think they’d add some lighting. The small candle on the table still doesn’t allow you to see your food.
    0 0
     

  5. #75
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    the darkness of the outside seating and the area is part of or adjacent to parking is not ideal.
    we went 2 years ago, I believe it was the Fall of 2020 and that area was where we were to be seated, so we said "pass" and went to Casa Tua instead for pizza and salad.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0
     

  6. #76
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    We really just walked through but the thought of hearing and possibly smelling the exhaust while dining is less than attractive. Food smelled great but I felt it was very small inside and not a setting that I would enjoy a meal in. People love it!!! Just not these people, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the darkness of the outside seating and the area is part of or adjacent to parking is not ideal.
    we went 2 years ago, I believe it was the Fall of 2020 and that area was where we were to be seated, so we said "pass" and went to Casa Tua instead for pizza and salad.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 1
     

  7. #77
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I think I forgot to mention is we saw 4 sea turtles just down past Ocean Z yesterday while tubbing. The "captain" saw them and stopped so we could view them! They were HUGE and a sight to see. One of the best values on the island is a tubbing ride for kids or adults. 25 per person for 15 min but its been much longer than 15 min all 3 of our trips this week.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 2
     

  8. #78
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you do it Jay?
    if not, were you and/or Tracey allowed to ride in the boat?

    I love tubing, but slowly.

    We promised the grandsons that next Aruba trip (Summer 2024 or 25) will include tubing and parasailing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    One thing I think I forgot to mention is we saw 4 sea turtles just down past Ocean Z yesterday while tubbing. The "captain" saw them and stopped so we could view them! They were HUGE and a sight to see. One of the best values on the island is a tubbing ride for kids or adults. 25 per person for 15 min but its been much longer than 15 min all 3 of our trips this week.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 1
     

  9. #79
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    We ride in the boat while the kids are tubbing! Best for all of us! I love the sites and the kids have a blast. Sadly our trip ends tomorrow morning. That said- traveling with 2 is MUCH harder than just having our son- just saying, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    did you do it Jay?
    if not, were you and/or Tracey allowed to ride in the boat?

    I love tubing, but slowly.

    We promised the grandsons that next Aruba trip (Summer 2024 or 25) will include tubing and parasailing.
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 2
     

  10. #80
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jay for the Aruba Story.
    Loved it.

    Yes indeed, 2 is certainly not as easy as 1.
    I am sure that your nephew and his parents are very appreciative of this very special vacation.
    You and T were most generous.

    Safe and easy travels tomorrow.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •