This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...

Post Thanks / Like

Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...

Packed, tested, green-checked and just about ready to go. Had my test scheduled for CVS Thursday morning and they canceled. Rescheduled at a different CVS Friday afternoon and that got canceled. Luckily, I changed my mind a couple weeks ago and decided to order the Vault test. Took that Thursday morning, dropped it off and had my results Friday night about 8:30. I uploaded the Vault results to CommonPass and used the CommonPass option on my E/D card and ended up with the green check that says test or show results on arrival. At least I'm clear to board.

I'll try not to bore you with my routine minutia this trip, although that's how I roll so it may not be easy :P

Have to get up about 1:15 to head to Portsmouth at 2:15 to catch the 3:00 am bus to Logan. I'm excited to have my TSA precheck for the first time.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you will have a long travel day!! Glad your tests worked out. Safe travels!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So excited for you, Laura. And we LOVE boring minutia! Bring it on!! Safe travels tomorrow!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Excited for you - safe travels!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG I was just rereading my report from last year and saw this!!

"I decided to go back up to the strip and go to salt and pepper for dinner. I really wanted to go to the chophouse, but they are not open as far as I can tail. I have not been to salt and pepper in about eight years and I was prepared to be underwhelmed. However, much to my surprise, the food was delicious and I’m glad I went. I had to push out a witch had a pesto that wasn’t over a garlicky, mushrooms that were sautéed with onions and bacon and Parmesan. They were absolutely delicious."

Let me clarify. I did not have to push out a witch.
    I had bruschetta. I'll try to pay better attention to my autocorrect and talk/text this time around!! The fact the none of you questioned me pushing out said witch during my dinner has me wondering what you really think of me!

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahahaha I have no idea why n one questioned that?

enjoy and safe travels tomorrow!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love autocorrect! Surprised that no one said anything. We must have all decided that we knew what you meant; yea right!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Excited for your trip report Laura, the weather here has been perfect! Enjoy!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Super long day, but oh so worth it. Up at 1:15, got the 3am bus and arrived at Logan at 4:15. The JB area wasn't too crowded yet and with TSA precheck I was able to not rush, wait in the ridiculously long DD line for my coffee and at gate by 5:45. Flight was ok. There was a young girl maybe 2 or 3 who screamed , and I mean screamed, when they tried to mask her. This went on for 45 minutes at the gate. We were all hoping not to be seated near the poor kid.

Flight arrived on time and I zipped through all the lines with no issues. Got my Bailey's at DF, grabbed luggage, scanned through customs and out the door. I'm sharing a car with Susan and Marsha again and they were there to pick me up. My room was ready when I checked in (miracle) six dumped my bags and headed tie Lings. $155 later I'm back to DV with groceries put away and head downstairs to Steve and Cindy's room for football and snacks.

I headed up to the plaza about 6 and went to Twist of Flavors for dinner. I had the early burden special and we t with onion soup, fillet, and mousse. The soup was filling so I ended up bringing my dessert and half the entree home. I had a glass of Riesling and with tip i spent 45 on dinner.

When my phone charges I'll try to upload some pics. Currently on the deck and heading to bed soon. It's been a fling day.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-26824b9e-5348-44f9-8a18-f472a7391a08-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-0f3a23fd-93df-4aa9-bf54-dadd86051dec-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-2f800c49-35cb-437e-815f-696a47c5fd4d-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-d56715d8-16b5-44fd-8cb1-661f4276e674-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-ad420890-3adb-4ee3-aad6-6be5a0041496-jpg

0 1