This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I wanna hear more about the bourbon and cigar night! Was that at any place in particular or did you do that at your resort? Inquiring minds wanna know!!
    This a weekly tradition with me and two of my Divi Village week 38/39 friends. We sit on one of our balconies and enjoy.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    After breakfast this morning three of us headed up to La cabana to check out the shops. I bought a tea towel and a small ring at the local artist store. Susan and Cindy stopped in the glitz and played a little bit. After we left there we went up to Eduardo’s Beach shack and we each had a fruit bowl. I have been wanting to go for a couple of years and I’m glad I finally made it. Cindy and I both had the pink dragon fruit and banana fruit bowl with mango added. Susan has some thing with Nutella and peanut butter.

We then headed back to Divi and Cindy and I went across the street to the Tamarijn and checked out a couple of the shops where I bought yet another bracelet lol. Then we spent the afternoon in the pool. I had dinner reservations with Cindy and her husband Steven, but before that we headed across the street to the Tamarijn again because they had the vendors selling their goodies and of course we had to check that out. Two gentlemen were playing some music and I forget what the device is called, but they let Steve play and that was fun to watch for a couple of minutes. I ended up buying another ankle bracelet from Gaby who had a table set up. It’s glass, but not more Seaglass.

Cindy Steve and I then headed downtown to go to Taste My Aruba. This time I had an espresso martini, the beat the Rona salad, and linguine with shrimp and creamy garlic sauce. It was delicious and I almost cleaned my plate. Cindy and Steve split a bowl of fish soup and couldn’t say enough good things about it. Cindy had the grouper, & Steve had the lobster in creamy garlic sauce with linguine.

The three of us split a piece of cashew cake for dessert. Nathaly came and sat and chatted with us for about half an hour. She is just delightful to talk to. Got back to Divi just in time to see Odyssey of the sea pulling out with all his lights on. And now there is a little bird sleeping on my deck so I have to be quiet ha ha Ha

Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-bcd1350e-d819-44dd-9d5c-24f776bc3c54-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-a0b4d190-5e08-49b0-8922-6d332c3df776-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-1c859269-e23e-44b5-91fb-9672be7f0e79-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-27cfdbed-23d7-43ac-9000-a6797a5c84c4-jpg

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-a05dc83e-769a-48b7-8bc9-305b62f9fe50-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-35361b87-831a-4a85-84d9-3f1a20604f90-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-10ee5f66-247b-40b6-aec5-4006318e72ff-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-9530d347-b7b4-4d67-a438-0af5a3a58e30-jpg

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    This a weekly tradition with me and two of my Divi Village week 38/39 friends. We sit on one of our balconies and enjoy.
    That's awesome! I need to come hang out with you guys!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve posted on FB about the music so here is what he had to say along with his photos

Tonight we went to the Divi Tamarijn, to see a vendor who works with sea glass found on the beach to make beautiful jewelry. As we came to the main floor area, I heard a familiar sound. It was the Kaha di Òrgel, a folk instrument from Aruba and surrounding "ABC" islands that combines a cylinder piano and an organ. Years ago Cindy and I attended cultural programs at Fort Zoutman, and heard this instrument played. So I asked the gentleman if my memory was correct and they were elated that I had remembered this, immediately asking if I would like to play it! Hit the video clip to hear its sound! Each cylinder has up to 8 songs, and each requires different speeds of turning the crank. They added that each of the 100+ of these instruments still in use on the island are named after a woman's name, as each is treated with much care. This one was named after one of the men's mother. It was yet another wonderful moment on the island

d!Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-2ec6e1f5-b602-4274-9d8b-bdfcd65df5ea-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-9847d72a-9797-4712-8374-296bed2ee3aa-jpg   Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-866c2d3b-7363-4690-b9a6-784077cf6f90-jpg  

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well how cool is that!!??
    Enjoying ever word of your adventures.
    The sea glass jewelry is beautiful.
    Steve posted on FB about the music so here is what he had to say along with his photos

Tonight we went to the Divi Tamarijn, to see a vendor who works with sea glass found on the beach to make beautiful jewelry. As we came to the main floor area, I heard a familiar sound. It was the Kaha di Òrgel, a folk instrument from Aruba and surrounding "ABC" islands that combines a cylinder piano and an organ. Years ago Cindy and I attended cultural programs at Fort Zoutman, and heard this instrument played. So I asked the gentleman if my memory was correct and they were elated that I had remembered this, immediately asking if I would like to play it! Hit the video clip to hear its sound! Each cylinder has up to 8 songs, and each requires different speeds of turning the crank. They added that each of the 100+ of these instruments still in use on the island are named after a woman's name, as each is treated with much care. This one was named after one of the men's mother. It was yet another wonderful moment on the island

d!Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-2ec6e1f5-b602-4274-9d8b-bdfcd65df5ea-jpg
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like

How fun that he offered to let your friend play the instrument! It does look pretty cool. Enjoyed your food photos. The espresso martini is one of my favorite treats in Aruba but that fruit bowl looks awful good as well. I feel that the food photos help people envision a dining spot and helps to decide what places to try.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    After dinner last night Nathaly shared some very exciting news with us. If you follow TMA on FB or their website, you will see something soon!! When the official announcement is made, it will be shared on the forum as well.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I got tested here at Divi. $50 for antigen. Tested at 11, they said 24 hrs for results. I had results by 11 last night and just went to the Libby and printed from my phone so I'm set for tomorrow. I printed several copies of the airline disclosure at home and brought them with me so all set there.

Spent yesterday at little pool. I tried to go to the beach fir a but but the ocean had churned a lot overnight and there was too much seaweed for my comfort level. Came back to pool and tossed my 5 year old water shoes in the trash. The soles took a beating on the rocks and coral this year and they fell apart. Oh well...

We were supposed to try Bochinca last night but members of my dinner party didn't care for the menus so we went back to West Deck. They all ordered the same things that had for lunch the other day. I tried the coconut shrimp and sticky glazed ribs. Not bad but I like other things there better.

After dinner I planned to head to Fusion for a cocktail but another friend saw I was back and invited me to join her on her deck so that is what I did.

My plan today is to head over to the infinity pool and spend the day there. Not sure I'll make it back to La Cabana store before I leave.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Can’t believe your trip is ending. It went by so fast. Safe travels!

0 1