This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I just googled port salut and it seems it is one of the more 'economical' artisinal cheeses. Guess I'm a cheap date!! LOL
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that you genuflected first before eating it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    i enjoyed it for sure, but won’t ever pay that much again. I must have been caught up in the moment
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Laura,

Are you heading downtown? You said you might do that and you might even be there already.

Have there been any cruise ships in port while you've been there? Just thought I would ask.

Infinity pool? Divi pool? I have to know. This trying to keep up while vacationing vicariously through your trip can be a little exhausting. Lol.

Have a wonderful day.

Glenn
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I took a cab downtown this morning around 11 and went to my favorite shoe store just to look around. The last thing I need is another pair of black sandals, so of course I bought a new pair of black sandals. Maybe I will wear them tomorrow night before I have to pack them away. I stopped in at Lucy’s and had a plate of nachos and a beer.

Downtown wasn’t bustling like it usually is. Of course you probably already knew that. I didn’t go into any other stores although I did see a couple that were open. There were several large cruise ships at rest and I believe one of them left the island this afternoon. I took a cab back to Divi after I finished my lunch at Lucy’s.

The waves across the street were pretty calm so I changed and packed a little bag and went across the street to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. I think I was there from two until after the sunset. I probably took a good 50 sunset pictures so hopefully a couple of them came out nice. Came back to my room and heated up my leftover Madame Janette‘s for dinner. Last full day tomorrow. I’m sure I will be either at the beach or in the pool for most of the day even though the weather forecast says cloudy.

did I tell you about my first trip to Ling and Sons? I know I didn’t because I was going to keep this to myself, but I’ll tell you guys anyway. The arrows on the floor were confusing to me especially in the produce section and the deli area. I try to follow the arrows because I don’t wanna be “that” person, but I couldn’t find the arrows pointing to where I wanted to go in the produce area and I must have circled the tomato bin three times before I looked around and snuck out the wrong way so that I could be on my way!I can only imagine what I look like trying to follow the rules all the time I was breaking them.

So I follow the arrows around by the meat counter but I want to get to the deli area and the arrows were never pointing to go that way. So I stashed my cart over by the juice and snuck over to the deli to grab what I wanted. And then I realized I wanted to go to the cheese case but all the arrows are pointing away from me and I couldn’t see how to get back that way... can I just walk backwards?? Will anyone notice?? so I stash my cart again and ran over to the cheese area to get my cheese. I’m sure I looked foolish especially since I cracked up laughing at myself.

Will post today’s random photos in a new album on my Facebook group
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 10-02-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the laugh! I can just imagine seeing you walking backwards in front of the deli then dashing forward towards the cheese. At least you didn’t get caught!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your last full day Laura, and thanks for taking us along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Laura. Too funny. Lol
    Enjoy your last full day
    Safe travels home
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post

So I follow the arrows around by the meat counter but I want to get to the deli area and the arrows were never pointing to go that way. So I stashed my card over by the juice and snuck over to the deli to grab what I wanted. And then I realized I wanted to go to the cheese case but all the arrows are pointing away from me and I couldn’t see how to get back that way... can I just walk backwards?? Will anyone notice?? so I stash my card again and ran over to the cheese area to get my cheese. I’m sure I looked foolish especially since I cracked up laughing at myself.
    Sounds like our BJs. When they first put the arrows, then had some taking you in to a dead end aisles or they brought you into the line for the registers right where they had the markers for people to wait inline. ACME still has the arrows and I have walked backwards to get something near the end rather than go all the way around.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Laura,

Enjoy your last full day in Aruba.

It's been a hoot being 'on vacation' with you for the past couple of weeks.

Have fun today and have a safe, quiet and uneventful trip back home tomorrow.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Really enjoyed your trip report. I cracked up about Lings going around in circles, walking backwards. Thanks for sharing and safe return.
    0 0